University of North Texas Top Questions

YU CHAN

As a commuter, the transport infrastructure around the campus really bothers me. There are constructions going on everywhere, and there are so many uneven roads. It's like a driver has to pay attention at all times or you'll accidently run over a big bump. I really hate driving to school under this condition.

I find ways around taking my car home so I don't have to give up my parking spot because I know that when I come back the only parking will be at TWU. There's not enough parking for the number of people with cars here. This is a big-ass school with a lot of people and a lot of cars. We need more parking lots.

Cynthia

The worst thing about my school would have to be the parking. We do not have enough parking lots for the amout of people who commute, we are a commuter school. UNT sells way more permits than we have parking spots and it is a horrible task if you are running late to find a parking spot that matches your permit.

The wost thing about UNT has to be the parking. There are over 36,000 students on campus, and most of them live off campus. Many times students have to drive for almost an hour to find a parking spot, and almost always it will be extremely far from where their class is. UNT tried to solve this issue by placing a garage on the edge of campus, and it's expensive, so many people resort to parking at local stores to save money. I fee as though becasue UNT is so large, it's just really difficult to park.

jake

UNt doesn't have a science program that stands out in any way.

Brody

Because it is such a large school, it is really hard to get to know people. Everyone is so diverse that it is very hard to relate with other people who think and like the same things as you do. A lot of people are very shy and or don't wish to be bothered.

da

I feel like my school doesn't have the best financial manager incharge of their budget. I personally like new student centers and stadiums as the next guy. Although, if we don't have the budget for it I rather we not built it. I mean you're taking it from our tuition money and we won't be able to use these buildings. Plus, we voted against this move, I personally feel like our voices as students was not heard in this issue.

I hate that the city where my school is located in gets a bad rap. It's just the right mix of everything, and bigger cities are really close too!

PARKING. There is not enough parking in the dorm lots for the residents. Also, the general parking lot and parking garage are too far from the buildings that I need to go to. Which are usually music buildings.

Nothing!

University of North Texas is an excellent school, however, my biggest complaint is the poor use of tuition money. UNT makes millions of dollars every year from tuition money alone; however, many well-deserving programs are severely lacking in funding. As well, a large amount of tuition money is used on construction and landscaping for the campus. Many old, beautiful trees are torn down for campus expansion during construction, and then are replaced with miniscule trees in comparison- or no trees at all. For an "earth-friendly" campus, UNT sure does spend a lot of money cutting down trees annualy.

The worst thing about The University of North Texas is its weather. In the middle of Texas, the weather can change between tank top and trench coat weather in a matter of hours. For someone who has to walk everywhere, it can be mildly inconvieniant.

My only complaint lies in the lack of adequate parking. Almost 40,000 students attended UNT last year. More parking spaces is a necessity.

Melody

It does seem overly liberal. Very supportive of things I don't believe in, such as gay marriage.

I believe that many of the departments do not communicate with each other, which can cause great confusion for students. In several cases students have taken unnecessary classes under the impression they were required. Often due dates and opprtunities are missed due to lack of communication between departments who in turn give out wrong information to students.

I guess the worst thing about my school is the location. There isn't much to do in the area unless you have a car and even then there isn't too much. And because there isn't much a lot of places can get away with charging students a ton of money that most of us don't really have. And our food options are rather limited when it comes to late dinners. Especially on the weekends.

Mitchell

I'm in the College of Music at the University of North Texas (UNT). I have been accepted among so many extremely talented students, that I have to compete for positions in the ensembles. For example, I had to audition and compete for three different percussion ensembles so far in my freshman year. Many students were turned down and had to find other ensembles to audition for. I'm still trying to get into the Jazz Percussion program at UNT. I have audition twice and have been turned away. I'm planning to audition again in a few weeks.

The worst thing about UNT is the constant construction on campus. It seems like roads/buildings are always being updated and built, when the money could be better spent on academics. UNT continually updates buildings that are in relatively good condition, and I'd rather my tuition money be spent furthering my learning rather than updating buildings for the sake of being technologically forward.

The parking at my school is not very good.

I find little to be poor about my school. I am not saying that it is perfect, but only, based on my interactions with the university, that I find little to complain about, and if I were to find something that I did not care for, that would likely only be a personal preference, and one that I ought ignore for beauty is in everything, and I should only find such. Otherwise is weakness.

The worst thing about UNT is the lack of integration of the music program into the experience of attending this university. A shockingly large amount of students are not even aware that UNT has one of the best music programs in the country. Along those same lines, even more students have never attended a concert or event put on by the College of Music. It's frustrating to see money and awareness given to athletics such as football, a program that historically doesn't perform well or accurately represents the greatness of UNT.

sara

The worst thing about the University of North Texas is the fact that Denton isn't the biggest town to be located in. I'm a fashion design major and although the students at UNT are very talented we also have to be social. Networking is a huge part of the industry and Denton isn't the more opportune place for networking or fashion. I'm sure it's the same for other majors as well.

Halie

I am new to this school and in all honesty the only bad thing about this school as of now is the fact everything is so spread out but even that has its benefits.

Lea

I feel that the worst thing about my school is the availability of parking. The school is limiting where one can and cannot park by taking away meters and forcing people to purchase parking permits or use the newly built parking permits.

Since ive been here, I only get mad at the weather, but I live in texas so im kind of used to it.

The worst thing about my school is the people who do not follow the 'Smoke Free' rule and smoke cigerettes anyways. This is the worst thing because the smoke gives me headaches and causes me to lose focus in whatever I am doing.

Their is very little explanation when registering for classes online.

Caley

The diversity of the teachers is the worst thing because I and others that I know have had trouble understanding and learning from teachers from other cultures.

I really love my school, there is not one thing that I absolutely detest. I would say that the universities website, and online facilities are a bit confusing, and could use some touching up. Also, the on campus housing is quite expensive and a bit unreasonable.

Colten

There really is not anything that I do not like about UNT. The only slightly negative thing is the reputation for it to be a commuter school, which it has really come away from.

Elric

Advising and help from supportive stuff is sometimes difficult. Some contradict.

Honestly, it is a good school with a diverse student population and great range of courses. If I had to pick the worst thing about my school, I would say that it is in the middle of nowhere.

We have a pretty terrible football team, despite having just built a brand new stadium. Our school doesn't make the smartest decisions with its finances and I hear a lot of complaints from teachers about uneven distribution of funding. Tuition is ridicuously expensive, especially if you don't qualify for any financial aid.

angelika

The fact that there wasn't enough people in the tutoring department to help students.

It's size - I'm in my Junior year and I've just now made a group of friends I actually see often. Hard to make friends when you never see anyone

stuart

The lack of space and resources for the amount of students that attend here.

Sheldon

The wourst thing about the school would have to be the massive size of some core classes, for example, Physics of acoustics and sound waves, or Music theory. When you have classes that are over 300 students large, it is rather challenging to receive individual attention or instruction. Whereas, in contrast, a smaller class not to exceed 40 students could learn more effectively and produce better results.

Cesar

The lack of interest in tradition and school spirit is without a doubt the worst thing about the school. It's lack of atheltic success that contributes to the lack of attendance and support. We have many traditions as well but very if any are payed much attention, and that is very frustrating sometimes.

Tierra

The worst thing about UNT might be the cafeteria food. It's not bad all the time, but rather you're surprised day by day, and if you're not one for surprises this isn't fun in the least. One day you enjoy a great dish that you're sure you've fallen in love with, and the next time they make the dish it just doesn't taste the same at all. Though the food isn't exactly up to par you can trust that you will always be fed at UNT. They never run out of food!

Vianca

The worst things about my school is that the schedule of conflict with working a job and attending classes. There is so much pressure to fit in here. They expect you not to do anything but study. I feel like UNT supports people who are involved in organizations rather than those who chose not too.

The fact that people chose this as a second option and the lack of school spirit and care.

Ethan

The worst thing about the University of North Texas is the parking. I love the campus and the people I attend classes with. Everyone I speak to on campus seems to enjoy their time spent at UNT and have that learning spirit burning bright. The campus is great to walk around and just collect your thoughts. The professors are professional and are very knowledgeable. Parking is the only negative I can find while searching for a "worst thing" about UNT. Even that issue is being resolved as we speak.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the lack of school spirit. There are so many commuters that go here so the campus is dead on the weekends and hardly anyone attends the sporting events (including football) nor cares since our team isn't that good.

Aerial

Because the University of North Texas is such a high-spirited school, large sections of the parking lots are often closed for events such as sports, conferences, and guest speakers. This causes a problem not only for the students that commute but also for the ones who reside on campus. Many times, students will "create" parking spaces thus, resulting in several parking tickets and towed cars.

There is not enought parking. I did not like sitting in a classs with 524 students.

stephanie

The worst thing about my school is the hidden fee's that you don't see and you don't get much information on what you need to do when first registering for school so you have to figure everything out yourself.

Boubacar

Althought I like everything about my school, I think that some improvements could be made in helping international students accomodate to the new culture they found themselves studying in now.The reason I mention this is that I used to be an international student myself, and I found it very difficult to adapt to the new system of study and culture.

Samuel

The worst part of my school would be the changing of the school's focus. Some time ago it was a art and music focused school. Recently the school administration has been trying to make the school concentrate on science and engineering. This transition has been a little rough for science majors like me. The school itself has this feeling of an art and music school so its difficult to transition into completly different subjects.

Kayleigh

The physics department. It's the worst-organized department I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. It's like they try to make the students taking physics classes fail.

My university has a very large student body, which is diverse and overall friendly; but this large student to teacher ratio can make it harder to get one on one time with your professors, be prepared for the real college experience.