University of North Texas Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Dale

Southern Folks, that love music.

There are tons of stereotypes and the reason I'm writing this review is to tell everyone what UNT is REALLY like. There's lots of mixed reviews and emotions about UNT so I've come to settle them. Stereotypes: 1: Couldn't make it into a better school. 2: It's only a music school. 3. It's only a "artsy" school. 4. It's academics aren't all that great. 5. It's a commuter school.

Torry

their all a bunch of pot smoking hippy faggets. and yes i have seen men go to class in all sceariousness not trying to pull a prank dressed in drag. (grose). the school is full of music nerds, and that is the only focus the university has... music. if your here on an athletic scholorship... burn it! its worthless. the athletic program here sucks. trust me i use to run track. the profesors are all fragged. ive had one or two who i actualy leared somethign from their names are profs terry and jennings. they are the only good ones ive met and had the pleasure to learn from.

That we are hippies, that we are stupid and that our school is a 4-year community college.

Mel

Artsy, Hippies, Music

We're are a big music school so alot of people think that we're all nerdy and bandish. My friends from back home came to visit me once and were pretty wierded out by how liberal UNT and Denton. We are a very diverse school and people tend to see all of the different cultures and ethnicities present.

That there are mostly nerdy music majors attending.

Debra

Commuter school, can't get into other schools so go to UNT, flunk out of other schools so go to UNT. NOT very helpful with finacial aid.

Stefanie

They are all music people. Or from a different country.

none that i know of.

Billy

That they are all liberals and hippies, and that everyone is a music major

Maybe that they got into UNT easily and really just want to party.

it's a party school, next best thing to community college, not that great of an education, etc.

Totally liberal.

Colinn

Commuter School, Party School

That everyone is liberal or "weird" here. I'm really not sure about other stereotypes, I kind of just jumped into UNT!

Some common stereotypes about UNT is that it is strictly a “party school,” it is a commuter school, and it is a liberal college.

Nic

One of the biggest stereotypes or thoughts about UNT is that it was everyone last choice and anyone and everyone can get into UNT. Also, that it is a big commuter school and no one is ever here on the weekends.

Parker

The major stereotype is that everyone is going to major in music and people are almost shocked whenever I tell them I am not one.

A lot of times we are thought of as 'Little Austin' and people think we have a lot of hippies. People also think of us as a big music and art school.

commuter school, it's second rate