University of North Texas Top Questions

Jessie

It's okay if you can not make A's on all of your assignments. Not having a 4.0 GPA isn't the worst thing that can happen. Strive to learn as much as you can, but take care of yourself mentally and physically first.

Taylor

Before I started attending The University of North Texas, I wish I would have taken dual credit classes in high school, taken spanish, and applied for multiple scholarships.

Brody

I wish I had known to get plugged in sooner in organizations or clubs. I found myself rather lonely in the beginning of the semester.

da

That the programs are more than four years. Most of the majors require at least five not including summer classes. I originally came in for the film program and if I stuck with it, I would have been in it for a total of seven years. It's not even because my grades were bad. It's due to the fact of limited space, weird scheduling, and professors' biases. Either way, I found a major I like and I'm going to stick with it.

Sieun

I wish I had known UNT has not only an excellent music program but also great programs for other majros, such as journalism or broadcast media. Many of the students have liberal opinions and new incoming freshmen can fit into the school very well. If I had known these facts earlier, I would have definately put UNT as top of my college list when I was in high school.

Raven

Once attending this college, it took me a little longer to gain a social life. Before attending UNT, I wish I had of known of all the social groups offered before school began.

Genesis

Something that I wish I had known before I came to this school is that college is not as scary as high school makes it seem. The classes, the size of the school, and even the size of the classes do not matter, you will learn what you came to learn. Even though the school may seem large, you will adapt quickly and find your way around campus easily.

Gabrielle

Engineering school is separate from the rest of campus.

Daniela

Taking dual-credit classes were going to be a big help, sometimes even more so than AP classes.

Ferryn

I wish that I had known that I was able to work a part-time job and go to school full-time. Also that time management is very key in achieving success in school. I wish that I would have known that if I had worked part-time that I would have some revenue to well pay for tution when my financial aid all through for this year. I also wish I would have known a better schedule layout so that I could have taken cared of my core classes a lot earlier.

Kadey

I wish I would have been more aware of the price of classes, as it seems they are continuing to grow.

Zena

I wish i would hae known that after Srping 2014 students can no lonegr be enrolled as undecided

Dylan

I wish I had known the layout more, and such information was within my reach, so it is only a shortcoming of myself.

Hailey

This school is really great, the only thing I wish I knew more about was Student Organizations. The school always boasts about having SO many ogranizations, but you don't really get a feel for them on the online website. They need to have a student organization fair day or something. That would make things better.

Barbara

I wish I had known how much discipline is required to take on a full time schedule at a University like this one, I welcome the challenge and enjoy the hard work.

Katie

What a great city Denton is.

jared

I wish someone would have given me a to do list. There's so much stuff i don't know and am stressing about. My lack of preparedness is why i have to take out a student loan for the first year.

Tina

I wish I would of known before hand how great the school is about making sure incoming students are informed and assited about the school and all it has to offer.

I wish I had known how different life would be after college. When you're used to constantly being on a schedule, working every day, seeing your friends everyday, you begin to get in a habit that acts as a safety rope. One day that rope won't be there and I wish I had realized that sooner.

Sadie

I wish I knew what I really wanted to major in instead of just coming here with a small idea. Also, I wish I had known that it helps to have a car to get a job.

I wish I had known that i really needed a car.

I wish I had known how to ride a bicycle, because it seems to be the preferred method of getting around campus.

Angela

"What's your major?" Throughout the end of high school and the summer leading up to college, these words rang in my ears. It seemed like everyone had their lives figured out at the juvenile age of eighteen. I, however, was clueless. As move-in day approached, I felt more and more discouraged. However, when school started, I quickly realized that remaining undeclared for the first year and a half of my college education gave me a freedom that allowed me to explore each and every option with an open mind.

Rebeca

I wish I had known how much of a hassle transferring to the University of North Texas was going to be before I decided to do it. My new school is not as helpful as far as financial aid is concerned, and trying to figure out how my credits would transfer was completely drawn out. I also had to go through a second process of finding a place to live which was stressful.

Nakeya

How much college is so expensive. You never know your budject until you actually enter the campus. When your young and start to become independent you realize how hard it is. Especially without the help of your parents that you tend to be use too. When we are young, we tend to focus more apon the future and want to grow up fast. But, when the time comes you realize every thing is as easy as it seems. I enjoy being at future student at UNT. But just like at every University college it's not even close to cheap.

That I should have studied my spanish and math more so that I could have more space for minors.

I wish I would have known how big it actually was. There are classes that have 100 people in them which is definitely an adjustment. It is something that I am not used to because in high School we only have 30 students per class and it was the same my freshman year of college before I tranferred To Kent.

Ethan

I wish I had known how difficult college would be. Everyone told me that college would require a lot of studying. I was prepared for that. No one told me I would have to pick up a full time job in order to help pay for all of the expenses. If I had known that, I would have started searching for a job before I got to UNT that fall. I wish I would have known how expensive everything would be so I could have planned better.

Chido

North Texans are really friendly so all the time I spent worrying about fitting in was a real waste of time. UNT is an awesome place to be!

mitchell

I wish i had known how much college was going to cost. It turned out to be more than a burden for me as an independent adult.

Ria

I wish I knew more about the student organizations on campus before I came to the school. That way, I would have been able to be more involved in the community. There are a lot student organizations that help find a student's skills and talent which they can later apply to their careers. Every field of study has several organizations. To be a part of the organizations is a great experience in making new friends, understanding and getting to know professors, and adjusting to the new environment

I wish that I had known more about what to expect from a university, and how it was less personal than that of a Junior College. I don't feel that transfer students are adequately prepared for the college experience that they will face once they reach a four year institution. I also wish that I had known just what to expect from the professors, and the amount of work that goes in to one course.

Ivan

The lack of financial aid that I would recieve, and the financial struggle as working student.

Dereka

I wish I would have been better prepared financially.

Before I came to this school I wish I would have known that the campus was so large. When I took the tour I understood that there was going to be alot of walking involved, but I don't remember them ever telling us that we were going to lose ten pounds in the first two weeks and have to carry water bottles with us everywhere. Later on I found out that we were the fourth largest campus in Texas, but we still are not very well known!

That this is an awesome school! At first I came here solely because it was my cheapest option without going crazy in debt. It turned out to be the very best fit for me and I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Ryan

I wish I had been wiser about the world before I came to college. Social anxieties were a big problem for me at first. Luckily, the school had a number of programs to help me get involved and make friends. I already knew my way around the campus because guided tours were provided before I attended in the fall. I know a lot of major universities do not have the exceptional service I received.

Wyneisha

I transferred from a Community College, so I wish I had known more about the requirements for my major! I felt behind in my first Fall semester because there were people who had been at UNT for two years already that were already doing all of these extra-cirricular activities to satisfy graduation requirements.

Andrea

I wish I had known more of the hangout spots that I finally learned pretty well only right before I graduated.

Louis

i wish I would have known I would have to sit in some classes for 3 hours!

Avery

I wish someone told me how much reading their would be for each class and how important it would be to read. Most teachers have assigned readings every night and they do not seem very important, especially because they just go over it the next day in class. Even so the readings are very vital to understanding and passing the class, along with the fact that alot of teachers have pop quizzes on the reading assignments. So doing the reading is extremely more important than in highschool; definitely something not to skip.

Amy

One thing I wish I had known before I came to my school is where all the building that I need to go to were located. There are many buildings on campus, and I didn't really study the campus map at all. I got lost several times and it was annoying losing that time to wandering around. So study the campus map before school starts to map out where your classes are. It saves a lot of time, frustration, and embarassment of wandering around aimlessly.

I am a first generation college student and before coming to The University of North Texas I wish I would have known more about the scholarship opportunities. My mom helped me alot with the college application process but we were both unaware of the scholarships that I could have applied for before starting school. I wish either my high school or UNT would have taught or notified me of the available financial aid and scholarships.

Janel

I wish I would have known that the traffic is horrible in this area, especially to go back to dallas or fort worth.

Deanna

Before I came to my school, I wish I knew which major I would pick. Going into college, I underestimated the many opportunities and choices you have for your major.

Kimberly

I wish I knew how to approach teachers for help on assignments and be more self around new people.

Kathryn

There is nothing I wish I would've known before coming to North Texas. I was well informed before coming both through the school and fellow students. The learning experience is one I'm so blessed to have gone through. I'm not sure that knowing anything in advance would've made my college experience better.

Jodi

I wish i had known what i wanted to major in.

Allison

I wish I had known that academic development should not have been my sole focus in high school, but rather exploring the things that interested me and attemting to define and understand myself in order to be better prepared for college.

Before I came to UNT I wish I would have known how amazing it was. My first two years of college I attended a community college to save up money for my many more years in school in order to get a masters degree and hopefully a Ph. D. I am glad that I did this because I was able to get the same credits much cheaper, but I am upset that I missed out on 2 years at this school. I have had so much fun this past semester.