University of North Texas Top Questions

The best thing I consider from my school is the Music program and its diversity. The school has a great faculty team and it is a privilege to learn from them. I feel very fortunate to have been accepted in the college of music at the University of North Texas. Their music program involves a lot of concerts performed by great undergraduate, master students and faculty members. The musical resources are great and it is a perfect environment for a musical student.

yanxia

Our school provide private university environment with public tuition.

This university provides a quality education for reasonable prices. It was my first university choice because it had great reviews regarding my desired major, necessary academic equipment, and a high probability of getting a well-paid job upon graduation, which could start with major-related internships.

Jared

The best thing about the University of North Texas is the people. No matter where you go, you will always find interesting and caring people on every corner. Mostly everyone is down to earth and really care about their school and the others going there.

The best thing about UNT is the diversity of the student body. Anyone can come to this school and feel like they fit in, regardless of their background, race, socioeconomic situation, etc.

The best thing about The University of North Texas has to be the atmosphere. I feel safe here, like i can develope and flourish without risk of seriously screwing myself over. They have tons of undergraduate programs for every discipline. It really makes you feel like you belong somewhere.

The University of North Texas offers an abundance of free fun events to improve student morale and study habits. The school is within walking distance of the Denton Square, great for studying and food breaks. Most teachers will adjust their office hours to fit your schedule or to extend tutoring. On-campus jobs are the best at keeping consistent schedules and accomodating your academic needs. For me this school was close to family and friends, but I made so many friends here that I still talk to, even one year later after moving across the country.

Ashleigh

The best thing about my college's interior design program would be how passionate my professors are that we succeed. I enjoy being in a pretigious program where you must apply to get in, because the student to teacher ratio is about 20:1 which is beneficial in a hands on environment. I am constantly mentored and pushed to make myself better than I was the day before. We focus on building ourselves as an individual by learning as a whole at the same time. My program constantly shares ideas and competes to do our best work.

Carly

I love how lively the campus is! People every where are riding their bikes or skate boarding, and you can hear music almost anywhere you go. It's a big student body with a family oriented environment.

It is known to have a good engineering program.

blake

It's a big school. The 4th largest public university in the state of Texas with 36,000 students...but it doesn't feel like it. You run into the same people on a regular basis and attend classes with the same group of people. Denton is a small enough town to not get lost but big enough to have everything you could possibly need.

Kimbery

The faculty was enganging and accessible, always.

The best thing at UNT is the availability of options to get involved on campus. Within my maajor there are a lot of organizations to get involved with, as well as opportunities to participate in industry experiences.

Diana

I like the thriving artistic community that accepts you as you are, but that can also be very cut-throat and competitive.

Classes are really easy to get, I have always got into every class ive wanted

Zena

The amount of international students. I love how diversified my school is. While going here i have met a greater vriety of people than i ever imagined without leaving the country

Katelin

The best thing about my school is that the college itself cares about their students. There are free workshops and organizations where students have the opportunity to attend. Workshop categories include writing resumes and how to interview the right way, tutors for every subject, and how to finance. The college also has an excellent faculty that are always willing to help their students. The college also provides job and career opportunities by hosting job fairs multiple times each semester.

I was able to jump right into my field of study without having to wait until I've taken courses in my major - within the first few weeks of school I already had some job offers in my department. The opportunities my university has offered me through mentoring, research, and companionship far outweigh the textbook education I'm also recieving.

Patricia

Diversity I like going to North Texas because they except you as a person of learning abilities and high expectations for yourself and the school. In addition, students are accepted based on whether they graduated from high school or got a GED. Students are not require to have a high grade point average. University of North Texas has many labs available to help students based on their ability to grasp subjects like Algebra, Chemistry, Writing, and they also have a learning center for students who need tutoring.

Halie

I feel like the best thing about my school is the fact that everyone makes you feel like you are apart of a really big supportive family. I came from an abusive home and have always searched to feel like I am apart of something larger than myself, which I found within my University. I not only feel challenged by my peers and professor but I am inspired by them and the goal we are all trying to achieve togeher; which is to create a lasting legacy long after we are gone.

Oscar

The best thing about my school is the diversity, and how everyone is included. There are so many different people that attend the university, and they are all socially excepted. The diversity allows for other students to communicate and see each others customs and it makes one feel comfortable within the school.

Denton is a very cute town. Cute is the only way I can describe it. Everyone is very friendly and the community is very diverse. My university is an art/music based school, and the surrounding town shows that perfectly.

The best thing about the University of North Texas is it's diversity. As a minority, it is wonderful to be able to walk around campus and not have to worry about the color of my skin. Another great thing about the diversity of North Texas is that I have met many foreigners from Indian, Italy, Russia, Bosnia, and many other countries.

My major's department is fantastic. There are many well-respected experts who want you to succeed and will help you along the way. I really feel a part of a family when I am there.

I love how it is a large campus, with plenty of space, but at the same time seems like a tight community.

Wendy

closeness to my home

Nickolai

I personally believe that the best aspect of the University of North Texas is the sheer diversity of the school. Not only are there plenty of academic options to choose from, but the diversity that is present in the srudent body and the organizations on campus allows for everyone to find a place to belong. For example, I have been very happy to have served in several ministry oportunities at the campus' Baptist Student Ministry.

Shambrica

I believe that the best thing about UNT Dallas Campus is that it is small, yet so diverse. In the education field, we learn so much about different cultures and their views of learning. This school gives me the opportunitiy to interact with other cultures that I barely knew anything about.

Chantal

I would consider the proximity of it, alot of things are very close and academics were the focus

I love the faculty and the care that you recieve from them. I have never had a professor whom I didn't like or whom I felt did not care for me individually. Also, the faculty in the dorms, career center, financial aid, and health center are all very helpful, understanding as well as caring. I also love the student body and the diversity that is offered.

I love the campus and the people are very nice. I feel comfortable at this University.

I believe that the University of North Texas is very concerned for the students and their experience at the campus, especially as an incoming freshman. They want the students to have a great and smooth experience and transition. Besides the concern for students' experience, this university emphasis diversity and the acceptance of individuality. The students and staff are friendly and very helpful, always ready to help anyone.

Tracy

It is well known and they have a great deal to offer. It is a safe area too. The libraries are open late and on the weekends.

Keeli

The student pride. Go Mean Green!

Isabel

It was so calm and relaxing to walk around a green campus.

Vivian

The aspect I love most about this school would probably be the social life. Being right in the city, this school has people who know how to party and are willing to also. What makes it even better is that even if you aren't one to get out of the dorms, there are still a lot of things to do. Often, I find myself staying up past midnight simply for the company of my floormates and talk. Its a very relaxed and welcoming environment.

JoNell

The student services were outstanding.

I enjoy the fact that once you get into your specified major and start taking more advanced classes, the class size drops indefinitely. Smaller classes means, more individualized attention from teachers, enhancing your education and bettering your chances for future employment. With smaller class size, also comes less stress; it's also easier to make friends. The campus is large, but it's easy to navigate through. It's a good school for art and music. It's good to have some competition rather than just be handed your degree.

Rebekka

All the neat people you meet

Chipo

The amount of oppurtunites they give for socalizing. The events gives us a change to break away from school work and have some fun.

Urias

It is avery diverse school that offers many programs and extrcurricular activity to all students. At this Unviersity there is something for everyone and I feel that is the best thing about this school.

The best thing about UNT is the environment and the people that you're surrounded by. Although we're not the best at sports, students are very enthusiastic about it and it makes it fun.

Sheldon

The best thing about the school is the flexibility and variety of classes. Already I can feel more mature and developed by managing my own schedule rather than being fed some mass produced "out of a box" curriculum. (Like in High School) Not only do I feel more mature, but I can truly enjoy school now and actually look forward to classes because they are all topics that I love.

Cesar

The best thing about the school is welcoming amtomsphere and small campus feel in a big metopoltian area. The people are very friendly an welcoming, everyone has a down to earth approach and despite being considered a being school, it has a small campus feel. Nothing feels out of control there and is a very calm place.

The diversity. There are so many different kinds of people and cultures in such a small vicinity! And there are over 200 clubs to add to the diversity! You can definitely find some place to fit in at UNT.

Kirsten

It is the number one transfer school in Texas, it really helped.

The professor do care about there students. The friendly and helpful supportive staff on the campus.

The best thing about my school is all of the different opportunities it has for different majors. There are so many options to chose from and there are academice advisors who get involved and will help you in your journey towards graduation. It is a great school that focuses on the students and what they want to accomplish while they are in college.

I like the flexibility because it is an online school. I am able to work around work schedules and my busy life and still get my education and schoolwork completed in a timely fashion.

jee

As a student majoring in hospitality management, I get a lot of chance to meet executives from different companies in the hospitality industry. It is very helpful for building relationships and getting a job in the future.