Greeley, CO
University of Northern Colorado

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Northern Colorado

Scott

Almost all of them are caucasian females. I like that my school has more latinos then the other big schools, but there are definately still a lot of blonde haired people and overwhelming number of girls, but blonde girls aren't always a bad thing if you're a guy.

The important thing to remember about college is that it's all about preparing for the real world. Parents, let you kids choose their own path and if that path is close to home or off on another country, let your sons and daughters follow it. Don't pick the school with the best football team or the most prestigious background. Your not going to pick your future home on the pro sports team or how prestigious your neighbors are. Smaller schools give you the same quality of education for much cheaper. Students, when you go off to college: experience new things, go out to parties, be responsible, try out for intramural sports, go see huest speakers, listen to new music, engage with people you didn't grow up with. That's what the real world is about. Figuring out how your going to afford what you need, working hard, meeting new people, getting along with colleagues, staying fit, learning new things, experienceing different cultures and ideas... that's the essence of the collegiate experience. When the time comes, pick a school that fits you, and if you can't find one, go with the one that just feels right.

People who are looking for a degree in engineering or law; this school is a great school for business, nursing, and education. If you want a big school good for agriculture or medicine or engineering, the other schools in Colorado are world class. UNC is good for all races and religions, the town may not be, but the school is very open-minded from my experiences.

Keatra

My classmates are all various. They all tend to have different opinons about a lot of different subjects. Some things we agree on and some stuff we don't. None the less I still respect them as people and understand that everyone is allowed their own opinion. I can not singlely describe them all with one word because they are all too different to form into one category. However, in each class we talk and that is how I learn just how different everyone is.

Senior year causes a lot of pressure and is a time when you are making a lot of major decisions. Be sure to apply early so that you can allow yourself enough time to make the best choice. It is best to choose a school that will fit your personal and academic needs. It is not wise to choose a school for solely academic or social reasons because to suceed on a college campus you need to be able to be comfortable in and out of the classroom. It is also beneficial to take a tour of all or most of the schools you apply to. Being on the campus lets you get the feel for if you were an actual student and if you could walk here on a daily basis. Parents should allow their students to take on responsibility but at the same time be willing to help out when the student is overwhelmed. My mother spent a lot of time looking for scholarships and I filled them out. You don't have to do all work but shairng some would really help out the student. It is important that the student and parent work as a team.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of diversity. We do have cultural centers for Latinos and Blacks but not many people are embracing them or taking use of them. It feels segregated on campus sometimes. I feel very uncomfortable in class sometimes when there are 50 plus students and I am the only black student. It is also frustrating having to keep to my culture because I have a lot of social drama within that circle but yet I don't feel totally comfortable attending a mainly white party or social function.

Matthew

My classmates at this University are very friendly. We all work together and are able to accomplish our work as a team. While most of my classes involve the same people over and over , things can be redundant but the people that i am able to work with on a daily basis are essential towards my success

University of Northern Colorado has a great teaching program. The teachers here in the sports and exercise science/p.e program are very knowledgabel about their content and have even written textbooks. Although professors here are challenging, the experience in learning and the way that they teach is second to none. I will be proud to say that i graduate from this university as a future physical education teacher

Choosing the right college should not be based on where your firends are going to attend college. You need to focus on what is going to be best for you both financially and your needs and future goals. Although college is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you want to have fun, remember that education and learning always should come before going out with your friends and not accomplishing what you need to get done in the the classroom. Get involved with your campus and campus activities and be a part of something. By doing so, you will be able to meet some great people and enjoy friendships that may last a life time. Be friendly towards everyone regardless of their differences and you will also be able to meet students who come from a very different background than yourself. In the end, always remember that college is setting you up for your future so make sure that you are studying something that you enjoy instead of focusing on the material aspects that a job can bring you. Strive to succeed in your studies and relish the college expereince as it will be one that you will never forget!

Melissa

Staff members in the math department are my savior. The hispanic teachers go beyond to assist me in my financial needs and with the conflicts in the secondary department. They have gone to fight my battles because of Mrs. Middleton's actions. I has able to get some emotional relief from s the math department. I applied for scholarships with the assistance from the math department. Although, I have not recieved any scholarships from the college thus far. It seems with few hispanic students completing college, that assistance who be available to make it easier to attend UNC.

Parents and/or students should meet the teachers that are at the college to ask question and get advise. If students are informed ahead of time then this would illiminate problems and confuse during the school year while attending. Enroll in a college where people do care and are willing to go the extra mile in order to avoid unneed stress and emotional problems.

The financial department is unhelpful and rude . My mother submitted an email to administrators crying for help. After continually complaints we got assistance. When I transferred ,no one informed me of scholaships that were available. Unfortunately, no counselor was appointed to me when I entered school that gave me advise about my schedule. I have to go another year because of no assistance. They are paid for doing nothing. In the educational department, Mrs. Middleton discourages students in the secondary education. Many students filed complaints but nothing is done. Students fear complaining. This department needs to be reevaluated .

Nate

To get the most of what you want and to excell in your program review all of your notes once a night every night!

The meal plan, if you don't use all of your meals everyday while you are a freshman you don't get reembersed. Also, while you are a freshman you can't pay for other people to eat on your plan. The sprinklers water sidewalks/roads/parking lots, which in turn wastes water/money. When Winter comes along all the water freezes and cracks the sidewalks thus UNC has to pay for more sidwalks to be installed.

The School of Music is one of the top in the country. The best faculty are here for both jazz and classical. UNC Jazz Lab I was named the best college jazz band in the country and same with the UNC Orchestra.

Chris

make sure to visit all or most of your choices before you decide. I didn't have that chance, since I lived in Virginia when I was looking to transfer. If I could do again, I would have gone to Colorado State

student bills don't get posted for fall until 2 weeks before school starts; admin is very unorganized (to me)

Not too big; not too small; perfect size; comfortable atmosphere; amazing people - both students and staff - a place where you truly can make your dreams come true!!!

Follow your heart, get involved, and make a difference! In choosing a school, go where you feel most comfortable. Sure, the obvious factors like your intended field of study, financial situation, and hometown are going to have a huge impact on the situation, but when it comes down to it, no matter who you are, you don't want to spend 4 or more years in a place where you feel uncomfortable or out of place. Chemistry between you and your school will be essential to your success. Then, once you're livin the life as a college student, GET INVOLVED! There is no easier way to insure unhappiness, low self esteem, and even low grades than sitting alone at home every night. A happy, involved student is going to be successful academically, socially, and emotionally. Simply making new friends and helping your school can do wonders! And finally, make a difference! Once you find something to be involved in, go with it! Give it all you've got and show the world just how much it means to you. Don't stop at your campus or even your college town...take it all the way! College is amazing!

someone who is ready to make a difference in the world!

Hilary

It has an outstanding education program and it smells like dead cows.

It has an outstanding education program and it smells like dead cows.

Start early. Keep your options open. Look for schools that not only have good programs for what you want to study but also have good programs that support your hobbies, beliefs, etc.

University of Northern Colorado administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.