University of Northern Colorado

« See more reviews of University of Northern Colorado

Staff members in the math department are my savior. The hispanic teachers go beyond to assist me in my financial needs and with the conflicts in the secondary department. They have gone to fight my battles because of Mrs. Middleton's actions. I has able to get some emotional relief from s the math department. I applied for scholarships with the assistance from the math department. Although, I have not recieved any scholarships from the college thus far. It seems with few hispanic students completing college, that assistance who be available to make it easier to attend UNC.

What is unique about our school is that there are more than one theatres offered. We have up to three theatre areas offered, and all of them are spectacular and beautiful. Since, being a theatre major, I am definitely intrigued by what this campus has to offer in that field. Our university is also unique in the fact that there are big time professors here, who definitely have experience in the fields in which they are teaching. It's amazing to know that my theatre professors have experience to which I am focusing my education and career towards.

There are a couple unique aspects to the University of Northern Coloradon for me personally. I looked at other colleges which had more people attending but I really love the more small town and closer relationships that I can form because of the size. Also unique to UNC is the student layout; we are very diverse in the student population and so we are unique in the cultural flare of the college. Beyond that, one more unique aspect is the student engagement and envolvement which has exceeded my expectation for the past year and a half.

Compared to the other universities that I applied to, the University of Northern Colorado had a certain something about it that I knew made it special. I noticed immediately that the people here are so welcoming and all they want you to do is succeed in everything that you try. I noticed that even though it is a state school, the class sizes were much smaller than some of the other private universities that I considered. Also, UNC has a beautiful campus. When it snows, the campus looks so magical. Overall, UNC is an awesome school.

This School has one of the most beautiful campuses in the state. The school was built in 1869 and most of the buildings on Central Campus are the typical marble steps and enormous granite comlumn types that pan across the east coast. It is a huge college town, about 75% of the town are college students. The school has one of the best undergraduate programs in the nation for business, nursing and education. The theater program is amongst the best in the nation as well. Many famous athletes and actors have attended this university.

The University of Northern Colorado has a great business and nursing program. I benefit from the nursing program because the biology and chemistry professors are great strong educators. The intermural sports are also unique at this school because students encourage their peers to join and stay active while getting a break from all the studying. I have met the majority of my friends at college through intermural sports and it has given me the oppurtunity to experience one of the best things in college.

It is always a positive when school is close to home, but what is really unique about UNC is its programs. There is always cool programs going on for everyone. There are so many clubs to attend and a positive attitude in all of them. I find that a smaller campus like UNC is nicer because you don't have to walk as far. I find that the staff at UNC is amazing. Every teacher that I have had has been very attentive and interesting in my passions in life. UNC is above all a great school.

I liked the size of my school, the fact that it is one of the best for education, as well as the library is large with useful information. One of the best things about my school, is they really care. I have met several times with my academic advisors, and RA, to make sure I am on track and doing well. I like the fact that when I came to observe i was able to meet with adults, an academic advisor and an admission advisor, to see how well I was matched with the school.

The fact that my school is a community college makes it possible to have more involvment with the proffesors. Class sizes are usually between 20-40 students, as opposed to having auditoriums with hundreds of students at a time. Teachers will teach the class directly, instead of having an aide or a graduate student addressing the class for lectures. these aspects of a community college help a great deal with the learning process.

Something that still amazes me about the University of Northern Colorado is it's small community. The school was small enough that my professors knew me and knew my potential. I was able to work closer with classmates as most of us moved together throughout our degrees. I enjoyed having a group to help with the transition to college, the courses and the life outside of school. We were about to create a tight college community.