University of Northern Colorado

« See more reviews of University of Northern Colorado

When telling my friends about the University of Northern Colorado, I brag about the class sizes, professors, and academic advisors. Having small classes allows for more student involvement within classes. Professors make an effort to get to know their students, and they encourage students to drop by during their office hours for help with class assignments or concepts that students may be struggling with. The academic advisors happily do anything they can to help students as well. They do an excellent job of informing students what classes to take and when. The amount of support here is incredible!

Whenever I tell my friends about the University of Northern CO, the first thing I usually brag about is the campus. The campus is welcoming to all students and is just an open and comfortable environment to be around, especially since it's not a huge university. Buildings aren't too far apart and everything is within walking distance. If I don't brag about the campus first, I will brag about the Education programs. I'm majoring in Elementary Education and my sister is majoring in Special Education - all we hear is positive things about the Ed. programs.

Vincent Jackson, the wide reciever for the San Diego Chargers attended school here. Our univeristy one 3 consecutve national titles in football. Our basketball program is the best in the state. The fan attendance at the basketball games are sold out most of the time. Overall, it is an awesome college town, with a lot of parties. the bar and club scene is nice because its all college kids. The Greek life here is awesome. And the school is at a perfect size with 16k students. The campus in the fall is amazing.

I usually talk about the class sizes unlike CU who’s classes are like 200 to one professor UNC classes range from 35-40 which is nice because you are able to connect to your professor more and they know your name not your number . I also talk about the fact that most if not all the professors will give you there lecture notes with in a week before the class so you already have them and can ask questions, plus the school in general has so many academic tools that will help you stay in school which is nice.

I brag to my friends from home that it is a very big city compared to our hometown which equals there is a lot more to do up here, activity wise. I also brag that it is so close to Denver, that it allows more activities and other options when a student gets bored with just being in Greeley. I also love the scenery that Greeley has to offer, other than the cow smell that new students often find when they first arrive. But, other than that I say it's a beautiful campus, and an amazing theatre.

When I brag about the University of Northern Colorado to my friends, I tell them about: the openminded faculty, friendly students, and the wonderful opportunity to succeed. As a freshman I am already involved in two clubs and I as I become eligible I know about three more that I am going to join. Also, because of wide variety of classes at UNC, i'm going to be taking summer classes just because there are so many classes that I want to take and I can't fit them all in.

Getting good grades. So many students do not put any effort into their work, that when my professors read my papers and saw my projects I almost always got an A, because of what they considered to be excellent quality. (Granted, I did put a lot of energy into my assignments, since one paper I submitted for a class was later accepted to a professional academic conference, but I was surprised at just how many A's I received in such a variety of courses.)

When discussing colleges with my friends, it is easy for me to jump to the subject of music. UNC has always demonstrated excellence in music. I love to brag about what awards students have won here and what groups are nationally known. I love playing the CDs of the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble for others to show them just how hard we work and just how passionate we are for music.

When I tell my friends about my school I tell them mostly about all the good things that my fraternity does in the community. We do a lot of things to help improve the community and make it a better place to live and go to school. Greek life is a major social network here and sometimes it can be hard to get connected with anything else.

I love the professors at my school: not only is there a small student-teacher ratio, but the teachers are engaging and are very willing to work with students. I enjoy some of my professors so much that I'll intentionally chose classes from them, even though they might not be teaching material as interesting as untested professors