University of Northern Colorado

« See more reviews of University of Northern Colorado

The financial department is unhelpful and rude . My mother submitted an email to administrators crying for help. After continually complaints we got assistance. When I transferred ,no one informed me of scholaships that were available. Unfortunately, no counselor was appointed to me when I entered school that gave me advise about my schedule. I have to go another year because of no assistance. They are paid for doing nothing. In the educational department, Mrs. Middleton discourages students in the secondary education. Many students filed complaints but nothing is done. Students fear complaining. This department needs to be reevaluated .

The worst thing about the school for me is the campus involvment. There are a ton of ways to get involved on campus. However, only certain groups or events are widely broadcast. Personally to get involved in the activities that interest me would take a little time and research. This is not to say that there is no campus involvment whatsoever. It is simply that I have differing interests than other members of the school might have and that my particular interests are not those within the most popular and thus the information is a little difficult to find.

The worst thing about this school would be, in my point of view, the students’ fear towards Greek life. The students’ and faculty view of Greek life is highly impacted by the media’s portrayal of it. Therefore many students have a skewed view of Greek life, which is seen as a large group of students who socialize irresponsibly and harshly haze their potential new members. This is not too common at this university but it could still be a potential danger to the continued growth of Greek life. In my opinion this is the worst thing at the university.

There are times when our surrounding community, Greeley, is a bit frightening and unproductive. The city tends not to relate or participate with university students and it does have a high crime rate. I feel if we had a more supportive community around us then it would be easier for us to venture out in it and get involved in their activities. As it stands now, the students primarily stay on campus, or even go to other surrounding cities for a weekend of fun., rather than immerse themselves in their own city.

The worst thing about the University of Northern Colorado to me is the cafeteria food. I pay $2,500 a semester for my meal plan and the food they serve is not the healthiest. College students are already away from home so we do not have our parents to cook us healthy meals that include the major food groups such as meats and vegetables. But the cafeteria at the Univeristy of Northern Colorado serves us "junk food". Yes they have a small salad bar but they lack healthy vegetables and other food groups.

The worst thing about my school is its reputation. UNC is known as a mediocre university in a small town that smells like manure, but after spending a year at the giant that is CU, I feel so blessed to be here. Sure, there isn't a whole lot to do, particularly since cow-tipping is a lot harder than it looks, but I am more than just a number here. I don't mind when people roll their eyes and ask, "UNC?! Why would anyone want to go there?!", but I wish everyone else knew how great it is.

UNC is very much a "suitcase" school. There aren't very many social activities to choose from unless you want to drive to a nearby city (which is only about 20 minutes away). It is kind of the best and worst thing about this school because you don't have an opportunity to just go to a club or bar to meet people but if you stay in town over the weekend you can get all your studying done. You meet people here through classes, and extracurricular activities.

The worst thing about my school is the because it is a community college many of the teachers also teach at a state university as well. for this reason I noticed that some of these teachers tend to not take the class seriously and will be lazy regarding our assignments and may do nothing more than play videos during class time. Teachers such as these cause a bad learning environment and make me feel as though I am wasting my money.

The worst aspect of my school is its reputation as a less academic alternative to larger schools in nearby cities. I always feel as if I am judged for my choice in universities. The fact that this university does not accomodate as many students does not detract from its academic rigor. Due to the nearby universities having larger reputations, this university is often overlooked.

The worst thing about UNC is that we have some very old buildings that need renovated. Some of our buldings have old layouts and need to be updated, but the school doesn't have funding for this. Since budgets are being cut, students are going to have to pick up the fee to help keep the campus up-to-date. This is hard on all of us, especially in an economy like we have now.