University of Northern Colorado

« See more reviews of University of Northern Colorado

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

The stereotypes of students at my school can be seen as members of Greek life, not a lot of men at UNC, and a smaller campus. The stereotype of students being involved in Greek life is somewhat accurate. UNC makes it very possible and easy for students to become involved in Greek life, if that is something that you wish to be a part of. There are a lot of opportunities available for students to join Greek life, and there are a lot to choose from. The stereotype of not a lot of men at UNC is accurate. The ratio of women to men is 60 to 40, so that can be good or bad based on how you look at it. The stereotype of a small campus is somewhat accurate as well. UNC is a smaller campus when compared to CU or CSU but in general it is a decent size campus. I love the size of UNC because it gives students the chance to get to know one another faster than being at a huge university.

My school is largely education majors. So, people tend to think of goody-two shoes and everyone loves kids. Other than that, people tend to think that UNC is for people who "didn't get into CU or CSU" which could be true... but essentially the people who go here go for the lower cost and the specific majors we offer! We get the "uncool" status for not going to the two-big schools in CO. Plus, our sports teams suck (especially football).

The biggest stereotype at our school is that we have a terrible football team and that people go to UNC for academics. This is definitely accurate at the current time, because the football team hardly ever wins. We have some of the best colleges in the state here. UNC is very academic oriented and it shows.

The stereo types of students at my school is only education majors and theater students. This stereotype is not fully accurate, I feel as if a lot of the students I have met have a wide variety of majors beyond just education and theater.

University of Northern Colorado has a very diverse population of students ranging from jocks to computer wiz kids, to greeks, religious groups, atheists, drama/musical students and the list goes on and on!