University of Northern Colorado Top Questions

Cassidy

I wish I would have known a little more about the meal plans before coming to this school.

Karly

I wish I would have know that I was going to meet so many new people. I wish I would have known not to worry if my friends were going to the same school as me or not.

Jill

Before coming to University of Northern Colorado, I wish I would have known how hard the classes would be. High school is filled with busy work and completion grade but college is the opposite. In college a grade soley relies on the tests and quizzes that are taken. Also, I wish I would have known the amount of reading i was going to have to do. There are so many textbooks that have 30 pages assigned every night and sometimes it can be overwhelming.

Eric

I wish I would have known how much work college is compared to high school. Coming out of high school, I managed to get a 4.0 GPA without exerting too much effort and my dream of becoming a doctor was becoming more and more of a reality. But, after completing my first semester in the Pre-Health program, I quickly learned that I needed to change my study habits or suffer the consquences that would be seen in my GPA. Fortunately, I was able to pick up a drastic change in study habits before it was too late.

Danielle

That it's a very small town.

Ashlee

One thing that I wish I had known was how academically focused I would be. I have been able to maintain a 4.0 GPA for two consecutive semesters but I wish I had know what a stress college in general entails. I also wish that I had realized the effect stress of anykind can inflict on a persons education. Either way, that is all a quick learn once you engage in the full college experience.

Amber

I've been pretty satisfied with the school. I think the worst thing about University of Northern Colorado is that it's in a town that really doesn't have that much to do. Bowling, small mall, 2 main movie theaters, campus film series, a theater and food place... restuarants and thats about it.

brandon

wish i would have known how much school was going to cost.

Kallie

Before I began school at the University of Northern Colorado in August of 2002, I wish I would have been pushed more to purse my minor in Fine Arts. I was only a couple classes short of the minor and if an advisor was to have helped me rearrange my schedule I could have graduated with my Elementary Eduaction licensure and a fine arts minor. This would have made it easier for me to complete the K-12 fine arts teacher degree and certification.

Monica

I wish I wouldn't have gone to a community college before a 4 year school. 4 year school provides so much for incoming freshman, and are very hands on for accomplishing your degree on time.

Oluwaseye

If I had known that this school would be as good as it, I would have applied for admission much earlier than I did. Before graduating from High School, I've always wanted to go out of state because I thought there is no school in Colorado that I would enjoy, so due to this I applied to UNC late, and as a result I wasn't able to get the scholarships and grants that I could have gotten if I had applied much earlier. So, I wish I had known of how great of a School UNC is.

Aysa

I wish I knew the dining situation and how much it was actually going to cost me to come here.

Katelin

I was one of the high school students who came to the University of Northern Colorado to tour it, so I could get a sense of what going here would be like. However there are just a few things I wish I had known before I came to this school. One of which is that jobs on campus are scarce; it takes alot to impress someone and land a job here. I was fortunate to get a job that I love, but to future students, stand out!

I wish I had taken time to get to know the campus more, and also try to figure out where some of the resources available to me prio to coming.

Kori

Before I came to UNC in the fall of 2009, I wish that I would have known how to study better. This school is very rigorous when it comes to exams and grades, and my high school was the opposite. I never really had to study for tests in high school to get an A in the class, but in college, you really need to know the information to just pass the class in general. Since I have been attending, I have learned some good study tips from some of the upperclassmen that I have met so far.

Tara

How great the criminal justice department is.

Katelin

I had visited the campus many times before I decided that this was going to be the place where I would spend the next four years. One thing that I wish I woudl have known is that, when you have to register for classes you have to do right away, they fill up very fast.

Matt

I wish I had known when the tryouts were for the baseball team, but that's more on me than on the school. I probably could have found it on the website if I looked hard enough. It's a learning experience, so the stuff I didn't know about before I moved in, I know now or will learn in the future. It's not as much fun doing things when you already know everything.

Before I came to this school I wish I knew a couple different things. One would be that it is absolutely dead on the weekends and it is hard to make friends here(suitcase college). Secondly, I wish I knew that the amount of jobs on and off campuses are strictly limited to a few people.

Nathaniel

The value of a dollar. I think most college students come to school and have no idea how to manage their money. Most students get in over their heads with credit cards and bills.

Kayla

I wish I would have known how to study before I came up here. I never had to in high school, but when it came to college you have to study a lot to get a decent grade.

Elaine

I would have liked to know more about finacial aid, and opportunities for scholarships.

kirstin

that there wasn't going to be a more diverse population of students or that i was going to so drastically change my major

Corey

How uncreative a place it is where bigger ideas are not present. ZERO emphasis on being enviromnetally responsible citizens. Located in the asshole of america...

Hilary

More about the education program.