University of Northern Colorado Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Northern Colorado

keely

I feel very fortunate to be able to attend this university. Their criminal justice program is among the best and will certainly set me up for success in my future endeavors. The campus and administrators are excellent and are of the highest standard. I feel safe and supported in every way. I can't wait to see what my future holds with UNC and when I get my degree!

University of Northern Colorado is a very homey campus because its medium size. Everyone there understands they are a adult institution and act like an adult. They mostly mind their own business, but there will always be those classmates that always have something to say.

Alissa

If you were looking for an amazing community, you found it. Plenty of schools can offer you about the same quality of necessities, with academics, housing, nightlife, but the stand out quality here is that you were never feel like your doing this alone. Everyone is friendly, there not a professor you can't talk to, and services that are provided are easy to access. This is a place where you don't need to worry about making friends, because it will happen so naturally. We are not a hyper competitive school, but that doesn't mean we don't work hard. We help each other, simple as that.

Clarissa

The university it's self is a very safe place. Everyone there is caring and nice to each other. The teachers want their students to succeed, so they will do anything to help students. There is extra help if needed for classes. The students who are tutors, know what they are talking about. Other students are also always willing to help. The campus is also gorgeous. It is easy to find any class room and/or building. If you do not know where something is, any one is willing to help you. Everyone around campus is nice and caring. It is a great university.

Jordan

My overall opinion about the University of Northern Colorado is that the campus and everyone surrounding me are phenomenal. I love the campus and everyone around me. There are great opportunities to get connected and experience new things on campus. Almost every staff member and student are kind and are willing to learn new things each and everyday. I love UNC and I would not choose any other school to be a part of.

The University of Northern Colorado is pretty awesome! The campus is huge but the class sizes are perfect. In my lecture hall there's about 200 of us but I still feel connected to the professor. There's lots of fun extracurricular activities and lots of awesome clubs to join!

Tiffanie

I love my school. There is never a boring moment. A cliche I like to use to describe it is; so much to do and so little time. There is always some kind of activity to get involved in, whether it's Community Fest or sports. Clubs are always and option, and the professors are great. I love the people I have met and they are all so energetic and supportive. Finding an easy part-time job that works around your schedule is hard. But here at UNC it is the easiest thing to do. I would encourage any and every senior in high school or transfer student to seriously consider UNC. GO BEARS!!

April

UNC was the opposite from what I was looking for in a school. I pictured myself going to a big, well-known school. But, I've met some of the best people here and have had some pretty great professors. The campus is very green and classes only take about 5 minutes to get to which I like. Because UNC isn't very big, you're bound to see someone you know at least once a day. The dining services could be better, but overall a pretty good school. I never thought I would enjoy it here as much as I do now.

Courtney

After finishing my first semester of school here in Greeley, I would not wish to go to school anywhere else. The main reason I decided to come to Greeley to further my education was because of the small class sizes. My largest lecture was about 125-150 students and my smallest lecture was about 20 students. The one on one relationships I developed with my professors helped my learn better and feel less intimidated to ask for help when I needed it. The campus is great and mostly everything is within walking distance. Especially in the winter months, the university takes extra time to make sure the sidewalks are clear and ice free to make getting to class easier. Almost every day there is some school wide activity occurring. Because so many events occur on campus, getting involved and finding a place where every student is comfortable makes the transition from high school to college easier. The offering of a transitional class was very helpful in learning how to navigate college and it was great to learn how to study for college courses. If someone were looking to come to this school, I would strongly recommend considering the University of Northern Colorado. The campus feels like home and that is a very important factor when considering a post-secondary institution.

I chose this school because it has the major I want, with the price tag that I can afford. Although Greeley isn't fairly big and they're may be not much to do, the university itself is beautiful. I don't plan on leaving any time soon. There is great opportunity for everyone or platforms for you to create your own opportunity and success.

Sierra

Coming to colorado from Hawaii definitely was an experience of a lifetime. Colorado is so huge and there is so much to explore, but the reason why I gave such a small rating of only three stars was because of the lack of help UNC offers for students in the registering process. I feel like at my community college back home, councelors were always there to help and make sure you feel good about the classes you are taking and making sure you are on time and really helping you plan out what is going to work for you. I feel as if a lot of times here at UNC, classes don't get scheduled that are required for their majors meaning they have to wait an extra semester for it to be held. In addition, I feel like teachers/faculty (and I don't say this for all) should really be attentative towards students and their needs and responsive in a timely manner. Students have due dates and registration dates, so faculty should have them too, to ensure the student has the best expierence.

Renee

I really love my school. The campus is beautiful and everyone is really nice and accepting, The classes are fun, and you can tell that the teachers really care about your schooling. Greek life is accepting and focus a lot of academics and student participation within the school. The sports games are really fun to watch and the athletic students take their sports very seriously. But there are opportunities for anyone who wants to play; you can play tennis, to football, we even have a Quidditch team.There are plenty of majors and minors, you can fulfill your art side as well as your science side. There's always activities to do, and they are all located very close to campus. For the students who are more introverted and prefer quiet places, there's a library or a coffee shop anywhere on campus. Not to mention all the discounts you get when you show your Bears ID. The college is not just a college for students, the entire town is centnered on UNC, we are proud to have UNC as a part of Greeley. I love being a Bear and I think you would too!

Sydney

It is a pretty campus and the campus security makes me feel pretty safe. They really make an effort to help freshmen get acclimated. Classes can be challenging but there is help if you need it. There are a lot of activities on campus and most are free, or minimal charge, for students.

Rosemary

I love UNC as a whole. However, the city it is in SUCKS. Greeley is not the most popular smell, and we're known for the cow smells, but honestly its like once a week where it smells, and you learn to joke about it and ignore it instead of dwelling on it.

Mikayla

I am currently trying to transfer. I felt like UNC did not have what I expected. I wanted the campus to be more politically active. I know there is a lot to do in Colorado, but not in Greeley. Find some good friends here and you'll be happier here.

Julia

This was the first college I took a traditional visit. I loved everything they had to offer. My tour guide was extremely welcoming and friendly and always answered my questions about what they had to offer. The experience definitely raised my expectations for other colleges I plan on visiting.

Yesenia

I think it is a nice school, not to small not to big. People are pretty nice here and the professors are always willing to help. It’s nice getting into the sporting events free with our student ID’s. The on campus housing is a little expensive but they are nice. Overall I like the school and I’m comfortable here.

McKinlee

The University of Northern Colorado is a great university to attend. I stay off campus but the residence halls are very nice and our hall monitors are the nicest people I know, but the university does a good job keeping all students involved. I absolutely love the class sizes because they are smaller so you can really connect with your professor and ask a lot of questions. This university is such a beautiful campus with so many trees a green grass to study on and it is also a dog friendly campus which is amazing. I would highly recommend this campus!

emma

The University of Northern Colorado offers a large campus feel in the middle of a small town and is perfect choice for the student who wants a college experience and is unsure what the rest of their future will hold. UNC is a school for everyone (not just future teachers and nurses); artists, athletes, and avid students can all find a strong community and a place to fit in. With over 100 clubs and extracurricular involvement opportunities, there truly is something for everyone. Personally, I attend UNC with the intent of entering the prestigious nursing school. However, even with all of the stress, studying, and office hours that dream entails, I have easily been able to find a strong group of friends, build personal connections with my teachers, and become actively involved with several campus activities. I would highly recommend the University of Northern Colorado to any student, even with the downside of the infamous Greeley smell!

I absolutely love this school, not only is it a wonderful place to learn, but also a safe space for everyone. This college offers non-gender conforming restrooms and lactation stations to meet everyone's needs. The professors open up the course by stating their preferred pronouns, and there is a queer prom every year. I love this place.

Ethan

UNC is reputable college rich in diversity and academia. Financial aid is much more available than other rival schools and there is a lot of bang for your buck. While not the most prestigious school around, UNC will meet most expectations from any college.

The University of Northern Colorado is a wonderful community to be a part of. There are so many wonderful people here who will go out of their way to support you in any way they can. The people here are so diverse, and there is so much thriving culture on campus. The academics are exceptional, and the faculty really care about their students wanting to succeed. I recommend this school to everyone.

Caroline

Excellent! This university and their staff has gone over and above to help with my application process. The people are very professional and kind. I have never had to wait on the phone or by e-mail for any responses I had about specific topics. The website was easy to navigate and I am excited to be apart of such a great organization.

Kaitlin

UNC is full of school spirit! we have amazing teachers that are always willing to help the students if they need it. We have and awesome health clinic and some amazing nurses. We have free tutoring for whenever student need it. The school is awesome and very welcoming to new students.

Kirsti

Overall a great school. Everyone is very accepting of others. Professors are very flexible and are eager to help students. There are a lot of extracurricular activities available for students to join. Sports are quite a big part of the school, and although we don't have the absolute best sports teams, students are eager to support and cheer them on.

Maxwell

Clean, great state! Enthusiastic professors and great learning environment. The culture on campus is serious about their education, yet relaxed enough so you can enjoy a trip to the mountains and go hiking and still complete your studies. Many local events, as well as an opportunity to volunteer. Great place to learn!

Olivia

I felt INCREDIBLY unsafe most of the time. As a woman, you simply CANNOT go out of the campus limits without being afraid for your life, believe me as I had many terrible encounters. The teachers are helpful mostly and the classes are rigorous and you learn a lot if you apply yourself. The food is terrible, housing is terrible. Parking sucks. The people who go there are very party oriented, many do drugs and drink excessively. I found a lot of fake people, or people who wanted to be my friends to cheat off of me. I hated this school and left asap. The only helpful thing I had were my teachers, they are advocates and are helpful. Also Greeley is disgusting, smelling, looking, and unsafe as well as the ONLY things to do are party and drink because all there is is a walmart and a sketchy mall.

Sennon

I really like the campus. I have visited the campus for the masonic band camp. I go to visit every spring break and I have a great time. My grandma attended the school and was part of the band at the college. I want to go to this school because of my love for music and the great music program at Thebes college.

Jalynn

Overall UNC is more diverse than other colleges. The students here seem to get involved. The campus is really nice, there are friendly people everywhere. There are many opportunities given to us, we just need to seek them. The professors are always there to help. I really like the classes I'm currently taking.

The overall belief of Greeley, Colorado is that it is NOTHING compared to the University of Colorado in Boulder, or Colorado State University in Fort Collins. I, however, beg to differ. The University of Northern Colorado has brought me nothing but wonderful opportunities, and a whole new adventure in this strange little city. The diversity we have here is incredible. It brings so many new faces, perspectives, and cultures to light, that the overall experience of living here is amazing to me. I love going out and being able to converse with anyone and anyone about school, life, or even work. The school environment here is phenomenal, and the student-to-teacher ratio is always incredible, with some classes only consisting of ten students! I love the community we have here at UNC. We support each other whether it's in regards to sports, jobs, or succeeding here at UNC, and the positivity that both the students and staff bring to that community is absolutely inspiring. I am so excited to finish these last two years here in Greeley, and I couldn't be more proud of the success UNC has brought to not only my personal life, but to the lives of others.

Jordan

I love the the size of the school, the class sizes are small and personalized. I have never had a huge classes except for lecture that are out side of my program, but there is nothing to do in Greeley, no place to dance no entertainment other than bars. You have to travel to fortcolins to get a Denny's and even a jumping place. But for the price of tuition the faculty is amazing. In the vocal area we have some of the top professors helping us grow and develop our voices into a marketable skill.

Elena

The University of Northern Colorado is home to a very diverse and unique community. The school is not particularly athletic, but the fitness program and close proximity to the Rocky Mountains provides an outlet for active people. Likewise, Denver is only an hour away, so there is plenty to do and see. UNCO has several competitive programs such as nursing, theater, music, and fine arts. While the surrounding city of Greeley is not the best, the UNCO campus is an amazing community on its own.

Chayah

As a new student I am really happy I made the choice to attend. It has a great campus and the people here are very welcoming. It's very important to get involved in activities, clubs, or in the community in general. The college experience at UNC is what you make it.

UNC is, overall, a really nice school. The campus is a good size. It's beautiful and the staff and faculty are generally quite nice and helpful. My only problem with this school is that disagreement and discussion are not encouraged; instead those who don't agree with the general public's opinion are quieted and told to shut up. Other than that, it's a great school.

Miriam

I came to UNC knowing that I would likely want to transfer out (a mistake, I know, but I didn't believe a gap year would be a good choice for me, and I was sold by the combination of UNC being the best school in-state to go to for music and theatre, and by their financial aid package.) If you are going into UNC as a non-musical theatre major, but wish to continue your involvement in theatre, I implore you to look elsewhere. It is quite competitive for even the musical theatre majors to get cast in mainstage productions. That being said, I've had a nice enough experience here at UNC. Within the School of Music, I've met my share of very good teachers and not so great ones. If you are a jazz musician, I think you will love the program. The number one complaint I have about UNC as a whole is that it's in Greeley, but if you can deal with the slow, small-town feel (and the smell of manure) and join lots of clubs and activities, you will be fine.

Sierra

UNC is a good school. Although it sits in the small town of Greeley, it is a fast growing community and university. The atmosphere is welcoming and there is almost always something to do on campus...even on the weekends from school clubs to night activities at the campus recreation center. Many of the students on and off campus have UNC Bear pride, myself included. Our sports teams are great, extracurricular activities are readily available for anyone to join a group, and there are plenty of people from around the country who attend UNC who share similar experiences with those who are unfamiliar not only with UNC, but the state of Colorado in general. My only small complaints about UNC is that one of our dining hall's food could be a little bit better, and our academics could be a little better as well. I feel that it would be great if there would be less gruesome work that keeps students wondering if they should have even enrolled at UNC or not. I also feel that if we had a more mature atmosphere from more of our students, it would make the campus feel more welcoming to a larger audience whose teens wish to attend UNC in the near future. Lastly, certain policies such as rules about drinking and smoking on campus should be taken more seriously and implemented more to insure the health and common courtesy of everyone on campus. Despite these few concerns, overall, UNC is a good school to attend and make new adventures at.

Daniel

UNC is in the quiet town of Greeley, CO with moderately warm weather. The campus is set in the center of town with great greenery and quaint neighborhoods. Expansion and growth of the campus is continuing to establish a national recognition academically. The facilities and amenities are first class and provide resources similar to nationally recognized universities. UNC is a small town college with big town aspirations. The campus is kept immaculate and safety is not a concern. If I were sending my child off to college, UNC would be in the top 5.

Hayley

The University of Northern Colorado has a beautiful campus, small student body and excellent facilities. The science professors are fantastic and every teacher has regular office hours and they are all very kind and helpful. There are tons of ways to get involved on campus and get help with academics or other issues, its a very good environment.

Andrea

The school itself is pretty good. I heard a lot of rumors about it so I was a bit skeptical, but experiencing it for myself made me not believe much about the rumors. The campus is big if you don't know where your going or where anything is, but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot more easy

Mya

University of Northern Colorado is an inclusive, kind and welcoming campus that allows all students to enjoy their time in and out of the classroom. The students around campus are fun to talk to and the extra curricular activities are endless. There is fun for everyone who comes! Even just for a visit!

Morgan

I enjoy attending this university, though there are many areas in which they could improve upon. The most important in my opinion, is the food in the dining hall. As someone who does not consume any animal products, it is extremely difficult to find a nutritious meal at the dining halls that isn't completely repulsive. However, the best aspect here is definitely the academia, many students are very successful here and are interested in pursuing further education.

Sidney

If I could choose again, I would NEVER pick this school. Worst service ever. Tries to nickel and dime for everything. Doesn't listen to student input. Internet service is terrible and almost nonexistent. Terrible food. Rats in the dining hall. Overpriced. Terrible living arrangements. On campus student housing is a nightmare. Need a separate parking pass for every lot or you'll get a ticket. Lies to students about where money is going. Lazy and unhelpful staff. President takes bribes. Etc.

Lindsay

Overall, UNC is a good school. There are a number of academic opportunities available to students both traditional and non-traditional. I currently am doing my classes online and I am very pleased with the organization of the online education I am receiving.

Carissa

I think it is an overall good college. There definitely is academic support and a variety of clubs and activities to get into. The sports aren't as popular, but I know many people wish they were. Professors are involved with helping every student and become available to help each one succeed.

Kallysa

I am a recent transfer to the University of Northern Colorado and thus far I have been very happy with my experience here! My transition from a community college was seamless, and I have found the campus, the living quarters, the food, the classes, and the company all to be exceptional!

This school is definitely my dream school. The music program is one of the most prestigious, growing and supportive programs I've ever been in and heard of. This school is built on success and hard working professors and students. The only thing that I would like to change is the cost of attendance for out of state residents. But you are paying for the high quality education and experience. If you are a music major and you are going to UNC, you will definitely come out of that school with everything that a future educator and musician would ever need.

University of Northern Colorado has awesome housing but there is something we have that we called overflow. Overflow is when too many people signed up for housing. As long as you sign up for housing early, you won't get stuck in it. There is many opportunities to make friends. There is plenty of clubs, sports and people hanging out in the lounges. The RAs are very, very friendly. If you have work study, there are many job opportunities for it.

Katya

As an incoming student, everything I have learned and experienced about the school is really great for me personally. I have also met other students who are willing to help in whatever I need as a new student. UNC also has many faternities and clubs to fit all student interests.

Sean

Join Greek life to get into parties. If you're a college student looking to party, UNCO is ran by the Greek. Only girls get into parties no dudes will. And if you do come to UNCO rush delta chi bet damn fraternity on this campus.

Tate

This school is the perfect size to be able to meet many new people yet also be able to run into friends/acquaintances on the way to class. I love the campus and the entire atmosphere of UNC. As for the academics, most of the professors seem to be very invested in helping us reach our potential.