Cedar Falls, IA
University of Northern Iowa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Northern Iowa

Shelby

UNI is a college that makes it's students feel right at home.

UNI is a college that makes it's students feel right at home.

There are quite a few things I wish I could have told myself in college, but the number one piece of advice I wish I would have know is that, "YOU WILL GET HOMESICK AND IT'S OK!" I came to UNI thinking I would adjust instantly, make my new best friends in a day, and not miss my family at all! Boy, was I wrong. It's a whole new ballpark at college and adjusting takes some time but it's worth it to stick it out because it WILL get better and you will end up thinking of it as second home!

I consider the atmospher to be the best thing about UNI. Most people are friendly and welcoming, it was very easy to make friends my freshman year. It's easy to consider UNI home.

Lori

My classmates are looking forward to getting a degree and starting their career.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would emphasis the importance of budgeting and money management. I would have told myself to apply for as many scholarships as I possible could in order to not have to take out student loans from the government. I'd tell myself to be mature and not be "normal" by taking out a bunch of student loans and ending up in thousands of dollars of debt right out of graduation. I would also tell myself to visit and research careers by job shadowing and interning. Furthermore, visit colleges to see what they are all about. Is the school a good fit with what you want to achieve? Lastly don't pick a degree thinking it's what your parents' want you to do. It's your career, it's your education, it's your life. Pick a major that you like and have the necessary skills to succeed.

The worst thing about UNI is that more and more adjunct instructors are being brought in to teach. I think that devalues the education I receive as a student.

Anna

My classmates are fun, crazy and for the most part dedicated and committed students.

"If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." That quote by Henry Ford sums it all up for me. Will power is what will get you through your first year of college. Having the will power to do your homework while your friends are all hanging out together can be difficult, but it will pay off when you get the grades you want and need. Having the will power to get up every Sunday morning and go to Church, even by yourself and when you really want to sleepin can be hard as well, but your perseverance and love for the Lord will eventually shine through and lead other people to Christ or get them to go back to Church. Plus that is the place where you will meet your best friends. You know who your friends are when you can tell them things and they won't judge you, they won't try to change you or get you to do anything you don't want to do. If they do then they aren't your true friends. But the most important thing is to remember who you are and never give up.

Megan - you are a fun, friendly, loving person. You should not be afraid of who you are. Be yourself and just have as much fun as humanly possible. ALWAYS take up every opportunity in order to meet new people. Work and schoolwork are going to take over your life in a couple of years, so fun times need to always be had. There are people who can be your friends outside of your small hometown. Life is short, enjoy every moment, especially when nothing but school is to worry about.

The best thing about my school is the size. The size is not too big nor too small. One is able to get from one side of campus to the other in fifteen minutes.

I wish I knew how to be more outgoing. I have missed out on a lot of opportunities to meet new people. I decided to sit in my room with my girlfriend and have bonding. I don't regret the boding, but I do regret that I only have two friends that I hang out with now. I am a junior.

Kelsey

The University of Northern Iowa is the perfect size for me, being not too small but not too large, and the atmosphere here is easy to get accustomed to and the professors are more than I could have imagined!

The experiences I have gained just this year so far at UNI have given me memories to last a lifetime. The education I'm receiving is going to give me a bright future in a career I feel I will enjoy and have a passion for. The classes I've been in have helped me become a more well rounded individual. By attending UNI I have gained a world class education, friends to last a lifetime, and made connections with professors and community members that will help me reach my goals now and in the future. I strongly believe that UNI offers a quality education with small classes that have helped me gain more than I thought possible.

When I talk about UNI with my friends I tell them about the small class sizes and how the professors really get to know you personally. The enviroment here is warm and inviting to everyone. The athletics at UNI are another thing I brag about, telling them how much fun it is to attend a football game in the UNI-Dome or to sit in the front frow cheering on the basketball team. It's hard to just say one or two things about UNI and how much I love it when bragging to my friends.

Where do I begin? In these first two years of college, I have experienced tremendous growth both in and out of the classroom. When I first attended college on an athletic scholarship for soccer, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was just so excited for the opportunity to further my education and ready to experience all college had to offer. Preseason training was my first college experience. I soon found that most of my teammates were bilingual and from families who lived outside of the United States. It didn't take long for me to become fascinated with different people and their cultures. I have since forged strong friendships with a variety of my peers. I learn from them everyday. It's amazing to me how we can become so divided by our differences when in reality they make us the unique human beings that we are. It's because of my experience in college that I have been inspired to pursue a degree in social work. I want to help people of all races, ethnicities, creeds, religions, etc.

Delaney

College has certainly been an eye opener. Working your way through high school becomes so very monotonous, and every student drems of the day they are free. In college I am free to create my own schedule and have become the master of my time. I have been able to work more hours and save up money to pay for my own education. I have learned that money is certainly more valuable when you work hard for it. I have also learned that education is so very vital to the life you will live, and I am thankful that I can attend college and am thankful for every moment I am there.

Rebecca

It's all about time! There are so many ways I'm growing in my college experience. In some ways, I've taken some steps back in order to grow. Once too cool to walk anywhere after getting my drivers licsence, I'm back to walking. The dorky snow boots from grade school? They're not only a necessity, but a fashion statement. And similar to starting Kindergarten, I've re-discovered how to be assertive and put myself out there to meet new people. But time management is the most valuable skill I've learned during my first semester at college. My mother no longer is there to keep my priorities in check. It's all on me, up to me. I'm proud of me, that I've been able to manage both classes and work, learning studying techniques to use my time effectively and earn good grades. I'm learning how to learn.

Medimum-size university in a active community, easy to get around. Ideal class sizes, not too small, not too big. Professors have strong credentials, knowledgeable and current. Tops in business, accounting, bio-chemistry, teaching. They also make an effort to know you. Public university with the feel of a private school without the cost. Campus is comfortable and I feel safe. Lots of opportunities in sports; Go Panthers!

Someone who wants a private education but not the cost. Accounting, Marketing, Science, Teaching majors.

Anna

My school is best known for its diversity as far as organizations. We are very open and are ready to have a discussion, no an arguement, over issues we disagree on. I find this very refreshing.

My school is what you make it. You can be involved or you can choose to keep to yourself. There are so many ways to make relationships here and be active. It also has small and large class sizes depending on your preference. You make your future here. It isn't up to some cookie-cutter plan.

I have gained a thirst for knowledge in college. Not only knowledge in the classroom, but knowledge of the world around me. I have come to realize that it isn't all about me. My life is a small part of this amazingly fast paced world. Here I am discovering how I can make my miniscule life matter. We can not value what we do but rather who we are, and this school is helping me realize how important that is.

My classmates here at UNI are nice. When needing help they will often be willing to help out. Also when working in groups I have not had any bad group to work with. Everyone is always there to give their portion of the work and help the group do the best that we can.

From my college experience here at the University of Northern Iowa has been one I will remember. This is because it has been good so far. There is so many things to participate in. There are clubs for just about anything, homecoming is so fun to participate in with all of the great traditions, the events that the student body government puts on are always fun to attend. Living here on campus has been a blast. The class room settings also have been something that I really thought would be different coming into college. At frist I thought I was going to have classes that were all 100 plus students, but I found out that most class sizes are around 60 people. The teachers have been very helpful and you learn a lot if you apply yourself. This school has been a great valuable for me to attend because of how much there is to do. Everything on campus that you do you are always learning. The classes have helped me become someone who is hard working and knows what they want. It has givien me a lot of knowledge so far that I can take out to the realworld.

That it is a good school where the professors are awesome. They are so helpful and willing to get to know you. They like to share stories about how they use their schooling in the real world, so you are not just sitting there thinking what will this ever be used for.

University of Northern Iowa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.