University of Northern Iowa

« See more reviews of University of Northern Iowa

One of the more difficult things about the University of Northern Iowa is the challenge to maintain good grades and have a fulfilling social life while getting a sufficient amount of daily sleep. The class load is generally challenging and time consuming but overall, rewarding, and at times, it requires sacrifice in either sleep or social life. It is often frustrating to watch others balancing all three aspects with ease, but it helps to know that each of us is unique and has different strengths and weaknesses and in the end, it will all pay off.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is I live 5 hours away from home and that really was an adjustment this year. Plus I should have researched a little more about the school organizations even though there is alot of them to choose from they dont have alot that interests me. Even though adacemicly I recommend this school I just feel its important to not only be a student but to get involved and really get the full expierence and thats why I am transfering next year and I need all the support I can get.

Campus spending. UNI spends a ridiculous amount of money on irrelevant projects, yet fail to address relevant issues (that actually affect students) which would require less money. The administrators and Board of Regents at UNI are extremely corrupt- they definitely fail to accurately represent the student body. Also, UNI police and Public Safety Officers are pretty useless- students would probably feel (and be) just as safe without them.

The most frustrating thing about UNI is it's lack of diversity. However, I know they are taking many steps to improve this aspect. For example, my roommate is from Vietnam and her school was personally visited by a recruiter from UNI to talk about the university and entice them to attend here. The university is taking good strides to increase diversity here so while the lack of diversity is frustrating, it is also being worked upon.

The most frustrating thing about attending the University of Northern Iowa is that I am not going to be able to spend more time here. I have loved every aspect of my time here. I feel like this has been the single best experience and decision of my life. The people I have met here will be a part of my life for the foreseeable future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the weather. I love UNI, I love the school and I love the professors, I just hate waking up in the morning and having to walk through two feet of snow in order to get to class. The weather is definetily the most frustrating thing about the University of Northern Iowa.

The lack of scholarships and grants. Financial aid is helpfull for those that can use it, but since my parents make money I'm not entitled to it although I am paying for school on my own. If there were more scholarships awarded to average non-athletic students it would help a lot of students out.

I feel the most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of school work I have to complete. I know I can do the work, but sometimes there are not enough hours in the day to study everything I want and need to complete.

Honestly, there is nothing that is too frustrating for me at my school. I love everything here, and all the things my school has to offer. It is a wonderful school, that pushes me to excel and to always do my best.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the diversity; while diversity is a positive thing that I welcome, I also feel that it creates a lot of conflict among people of different viewpoints at times.