University of Northern Iowa

« See more reviews of University of Northern Iowa

My favorite thing about the University of Northern Iowa is definitely the size and "family feel" of campus. It is a big enough place that students feel like they are getting the full college experience and that they are attending a big university, but it's small enough that they are getting a more individualized education and don't feel like they are just a face in the crowd and simply just another student. I particularly enjoyed this about my college experience because I am the type of person that needs to feel validated and I got that at UNI.

I consider the student involvement to be the best thing about the University of Northern Iowa. There are many different ways of becoming involved at this particular university. Whether you want to become a member of an organization, start to volunteer, or even work there are an abundance of opportunities available to you. I have met numerous undergraduates from this school and all of them have been extremely welcoming to and accepting of me. I hope that I will continue to make these kinds of life long friends on every path that life leads me.

The best thing about UNI is it doesn't feel like there is as many students as there are on campus which is 13,000. The teachers are very willing to help and provide many ways for you to succeed. They really follow the motto of putting students first. On the other hand, Its up to the student to get help or not they will not baby you. Also there is plenty get involved in whether that may be sports or just on campus organizations with out a doubt there will be something for you!

One of the best qualities of Northern Iowa is the size of the school. I believe this because students are able to recieve assistance from professors without having to deal with any hassles. Students at the University of Northern Iowa aren't just a number to professors, everyone is treated equally and gets an equal opportunity to succeed. Also many of the classes have forty to sixty students so it is very easy to get to meet new people and interact.

Medimum-size university in a active community, easy to get around. Ideal class sizes, not too small, not too big. Professors have strong credentials, knowledgeable and current. Tops in business, accounting, bio-chemistry, teaching. They also make an effort to know you. Public university with the feel of a private school without the cost. Campus is comfortable and I feel safe. Lots of opportunities in sports; Go Panthers!

My favorite thing about UNI is the small town feel it provides. Even though Cedar Falls is a good sized town, many of the students here are from small towns in Iowa. The campus is also small enough that it's not difficult getting from one side to the other. The size of the school and the students make UNI feel like a community of students and staff that gives UNI a great environment for learning academically and socially.

The friendly community is the best thing about UNI. The people are welcoming and friendly, and it is easy to make a lot of friends. The class sizes are just right, and you get to know the other students in the class. Professors are willing to help and are approachable. The on-campus living is the best option because there is always something to do, even activities that don't involve alcohol.

I truly enjoy the size of the University of Northern Iowa because it offers so many opportunities. The school is small enough that one-on-one interaction with teachers is easy to come by. However, the school is large enough that it offers many opportunities for extracurricular activities; rugby, tennis, trapshooting, etc. It is overall a great atmosphere in which to learn.

The best part about my school is the friends. Nearly all of the people that I have encountered are genuninely friendly. It is easy to sit down in a class on the first day and strike up a conversation with almost anyone, in any grade level, and make a friendship. The size of the campus also makes it easy to meet many more people, and often see people you already know.

I think the best thing about my school is the campus environment. Everyone up here is very welcoming and friendly. If it seems as if someone is lost, students aren't afriad of asking the lost person if they need help. We also have a huge variety of options for being involved on campus, which I think makes the environment a whole lot more welcoming.