University of Northern Iowa Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Northern Iowa

Elle

Perfect size, location, and atmosphere. Cedar Falls is a great city to live in, there is a lot of restaurants and things to do off campus. On campus, there no shortage of activities to do as well. Camus size is perfect, everything is a short walk away. It is easy to get involved and make friends here. Would recommend!

Katie

I really enjoyed my time at the University of Northern Iowa. When comparing the education and opportunities to other students from different colleges and I am more than pleased with my decision to go there. I would recommend anyone getting their education degree to go to UNI.

UNI is a great school! Big enough that you don't feel bored, but small enough that you probably have met everyone. The facility and staff are all really friendly. The campus us beautiful. And you cannot beat watching football in the UNIDome were the temperature is always in the 70's!

josh

my overall opinion is that this campus is very welcoming, homing, and just a great community to be in. You get as much help from other people on campus even if it is not a teacher. You get to learn more than what you have expected and you get to learn what there is to the college life.

Shelby

UNI is a great school, which is oftentimes overlooked due to the bigger state schools in Iowa. I love the campus and the atmosphere at UNI, I could not imagine going to a different university. I have made some very good connections from going here, and I know my education from here will get me a good job out of college.

Cassidy

I love this university! It is the perfect blend of big university and small college! The food centers are amazing, I have a job there and they are very accommodating to class schedules. The foods are always rotating so you are never forced to eat the same thing two days in a row. The professors are professional and really know what they are talking about. I would definitely recommend this college to anyone.

I really enjoyed visiting UNI. It was really cool to see the dorm rooms and different classrooms. I like the class sizes and also the size of the dorm rooms. The campus is in an overall good location and has nice shops and eating places. I am excited to come back to UNI and go to school here!!

Lisa

My overall rating for the University of Northern Iowa is that it's a small school for sure but there is a lot of things to do. It's so easy to connect and make friends because the school is so small you basically see the same person three times a day. The professors are very flexible and they tell you what they're expected of you and the class size can be decently large or small. The dining center times are flexible and whenever you're hungry you can over and it's like a buffet they have so many options. There are two convenient stores and they have basically everything you need and they aren't far from your dorm. The dorm rooms are nice as well and the hall residents are very nice and they're always trying to connect and talk to you to make sure you're doing well. It's a good school for those who like a smaller environment and from a small town. I have a younger brother who also goes here with me and it's nice having him around even though we live in different halls which is a good thing because we might actually kill each other. Thank you for having the time to read my opinion on the University of Northern Iowa!

Anna

I have been on two visits and it is by far my top college choice, Cedar Falls felt like home and I am excited to start a new chapter of my life at UNI. I went and toured the building of my major and everyone was nice and incredibly helpful. The internships and study abroad programs seem like they have countless opportunities and I would like to look into the summer camp programs abroad.

Patrick

The University of Northern Iowa is a great place for any student. We are extremely diverse for a small campus which is loved by plenty of students on campus. Like many larger universities, we have a large number of clubs coming in at over 210 of them, but unique to UNI, there are plenty of opportunities whether they are seniors or freshman. The campus is always a safe place with plenty of campus police driving around at all hours. The professors always connect with their students and truly care for their students' grades and success. UNI is just an amazing place and everyone fits it!

Hanna

I love the University of Northern Iowa. I feel comfortable walking around campus. UNI makes it easy for me to feel at home here. The people are kind and there's so much to do to get involved. I love the environment this campus provides. I automatically felt like I belonged here at UNI and that's what truly matters!

Jacinda

UNI is a great school to attend for undergraduate or graduate level courses. The community is what drew me to UNI and I found life-long colleagues, friends, and relationships. The professors are genuinely interested in your success and are dedicated to your learning. There are a wide variety of on and off campus activities and many professors are advisers for clubs, extracurricular activities, and the Honors program. Attending the University of Northern Iowa was the best decision I ever could have made.