University of Notre Dame Top Questions

What's the dating scene like?

Notre

I feel like at Notre Dame, boys either want to hook up with you once and never see you again, or they want to marry you. Because of the single sex dorms, it is more difficult to just be good friends with students of the opposite sex. However, it is not impossible. You just have to work a little harder. And everyone wants to do the same thing, so people are very receptive. The problem disappears as you get through your freshman year. Because ND students have a strong sense of family, and everyone wants one of their own some day, you get a lot of serious relationships on campus. There is really no casual dating. You're either in a committed relationship, or you are 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} single and doing whatever you want. You'll hear a lot about "Ring by Spring" where ND girls who are in relationships with ND guys want t be engaged by the time they graduate. While that is mostly a thing of the past, I definitely know a few girls who have that goal.

Notre

A brief video about the dating/ hookup culture at Notre Dame.