University of Notre Dame Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

Notre

We have no sororities or fraternities here. What we do have is a strong residential system, like the houses at Hogwarts. All of our dorms are single-sex, so you live with about 200 other boys or girls. All of the housing is assigned completely randomly, but once you get placed in a dorm, 98{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students stay there for their entire college experience. Each dorm basically functions like its own sorority or fraternity. Like I said, they are single-sex, so they are already similar. Each dorm has its own dances, social events, charity fundraisers, mascots, colors, etc. There are dorm rivalries and competitions and all kinds of fun. Because every single student is included in the residential system, there is no exclusivity or hurt feelings like those associated with Greek life. And, there is no "rush" cost - just room and board! No hazing. All of the benefits of a tight-knit community with none of the costs!

Notre