Oklahoma City, OK
University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center

Tylicia

Question : What if you believe the candidate or party on the opposing side does not care about the needs of the poor and the minorities? Would you still vote for the party who is openly campaigning to (....enforce Sunday....) as the law of the land? Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself , to be free. Belief plus action equals faith.

Josephine

Something I thought that was unique about the Health Science Center was the school's involvement with their student's lives. The instructors and faculity really cared for their students. Their level of involvemement was truely special

A Letter To Me.. First of all, congrats on graduating! I know you're pretty stoked about the next level! A few words of advice.. First, don't sweat the small stuff. Second, remember that you can have your cake and eat it to, the only thing is that you have to bake the cake first. Meaning, study before your social life. Your friends can wait, believe they will, school comes first. Third, on one of summer breaks, go get a job at Yellowstone! You will absolutely LOVE it. Finally, remember to seize ever moment. This period of your life goes by way to fast. Enjoy yourself! Also, call your mom everyother day! She gets mad when you slack! Good Luck mini me, see you in 19 years.

The most fustrating thing about the Health Science Center is the layout. Coming from the main campus, students have the feel of being in a community. At the Health Science Center, everything is so distance. You often feel very isolated from the rest of the community.

Since I am in the accelerated nursing program, my classmates are dedicated to their studies but still make going to class and learning fun. We have fun outside and inside the school all the time. My classmates have been great study buddies because we all want to be successful.

For the most part, I feel I was pretty prepared in high school for the college life. One thing I would like to change is my first semester at college. I definitely enjoyed my social life in the beginning but I do not like how I didn't sleep often which made a negative impact on my studies. Once I realized I could no longer go on with little sleep, I changed it all around the second semester and ended up making all A's.

The best thing about my school is mostly two things. One is the awesome accelerated nursing program for second degree students and the second is the awesome teachers. The teachers want you to be successful and will help you in anyway they can to make all of us successful. The teachers are very helpful and are always willing to help each of us.

Amber

The University of Oklahoma Health Science center is innovative and will adequately prepare you for a career in the cutting edge field of medicine.

My college experience has been very valuable. The University of Oklahom Health Science Center has prepared me to be competitive in the medical field and I am confident that upon graduation I will obtain a job with ease. The faculty and staff are helpful and available.

The worst thing about the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center is that the program is very academically tough.

Matthew

This school is not only serious in providing the knowledge and education to students, but it also provides several extracirricular activities to get involved in to make lifelong friends.

My college is best known for its high degree of graduating students at the University of Oklahoma. It is ranked in the top 10 in the nation amongst excellence in providing students with the best knowlegde and education. This college carries on a big tradition in college football with 7 national championships. There are academic student athletes all over campus and you must be a SOONER fan when you come to this college. Go sooners!

I would tell myself that I should have taken some college courses while in high school to get me prepared to what college classes and homework would be like so I could have made that transition easier. I would have mentally prepared by studying longer hours while I was in high school. Most seniors coming out of high school think college is no big deal, but it is not a joke. If I would have know that it would have taken me 8 years to receive two bachelors degrees, then I would have majored in zoology and applied to medical school. Im finishing up my last year and a half in school to become a radiologist practitioner assistant. With being so young as a senior you don't know what to expect until after a few years of being in college and learning how to make that transition.

Yehoshua

It is a Christian school that focuses on the biblical studies and hands on training.

The advice I would give myself would be not to procrastinate and start applying for colleges, grants, and scholarships while I?m in still in high school. Life is short and you want to do all you can in the lifespan that you have, so don?t waste your time or the time of others. In order to succeed you must put forth an effort in life.

Well I haven't started yet, but I start in March

breanna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop acting like you know everything cause people with attitudes like that don't get very far in life. It's true when they say your attitude determines your latitude. Dont ever worry about what your piers have to say about you cause at the end of the day your the only person that can live your life and it only matters what you think. When you get to college it is a whole different ball game. You really have to learn how to stand on your own 2 feet, you dont have mommy and daddy around your an adult now making adult decisions. Dont worry about the partying cause the most important thing now is your education and to better your present and future. Most of the time college is not what its cracked up to be. So dont waste any time or money cause not everyone finishes, only the strong survives. Take it from other people's experiences you can learn alot by just listening to the stories. Always be yourself, keep your head on your shoulders.

Molly

University of Oklahoma is the best nursing school.

University of Oklahoma is the best nursing school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax during college and enjoy the experience. College is such a unique part of life. Academics are very important during college, but so are the social and extracurricular aspects. When adults look back on college, they usually don't recall what grade they received for each test or class, however they do talk about the friends and escapades that encompassed their college life. I would tell myself that I worked hard to get myself here, and not to lose sight of the larger goal of graduating and getting a great job, but enjoy the college years.

When I brag to my friends about the University of Oklahoma, I tell them that I am able to receive my BSN in 14 months.

Dionne

They say that hind sight is 20/20; well I believe that statement to be very true. I often look at where I am now and where I was as a senior in high school .There are a lot of things I wish I knew about making the transition into college life. The first thing I would recommend is to research all of the possible resources and clubs on campus. I say this because joining clubs are a great resource for learning about the campus and an easy way to meet upper classmen who may be able to give good advice. Find resources that will facilitate your acclimation to the campus. I would tell myself to plan financially for school and take out the least amount of loans needed. In college and after, I found myself in a lot of unnecessary debt that could have been avoided. The last piece of advice is to be responsible. Because you are now on your own it is easy to get distracted and get caught up in partying and hanging out. Since there is no one telling you when to do homework, be responsible and dedicate the appropriate time to studies.

My program is an accelerated program for students who already have a degree and want to change their careers. It is an excellent way to complete all of your core nursing courses to receive a BSN without having to repeat your prerequisites. The faculty are very helpful, sincere and professional. They ensure that if you have any questions and concerns, you can go to them and they will try their best to resolve or assist.

I wish I would have researched and applied for scholarships early. The program is expensive, so it is important to have some kind of financial stability and or be able to qualify for loans. I also wish I would have saved money to minimize the amount of loans I utilized. Any student interested in this program, also will need to be prepared to dedicate a lot of time into the program and into their studies. The program is challenging so you will need to dedicate a lot time and hard work to get the grades you desire.

Marlaina

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more confident and outgoing as I start college. Try to meet people and have a good time without worrying about what they think of you. Get into a routine and stick with it because that will help you do well in your classes without stressing yourself out, but don't use that as an excuse to miss opportunities to make friends.

People who don't have a pretty good idea of what they want to do should not attend this school. Its too expensive for experiementing.

University of Oklahoma-Health Sciences Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.