Norman, OK
University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

Carson

One of the best things about OU is the beautiful campus! The North and South Oval provide an open green space for games of ultimate frisbee or bocce ball. Benches are so plentiful you could practically hop between them, and the flowers are perfectly timed to bloom for Homecoming and Mother's day. The campus buildings, designed in a style coined by Frank Lloyd Wright as 'Cherokee Gothic,' beautifully compliment the landscape, especially when they are lit at night. Although OU may seem big as a freshman, the natural friendliness of the students lends to instant community. Before too long, you'll be waving to hoards as you walk to the Union for lunch or Dale Hall for Zoology. During your strolls down the Michael F. Price walkway, take particular note to watch for the freshman sorority girls - you'll notice that they move in packs often wearing the same windbreaker, designer jeans, date party t-shirt, and uggs. As a freshman, I spent a lot of time at the Union. Both the building and the resident greesy spoon (Crossroads) stay open 24 hours for that all night cram session. Make sure you visit the Sooner Schooner room or Baird lounge, no doubt, the best places for a study group. If you are interested in Campus Involvement, head to the Center for Student Life on the third floor. There will be applications for Campus Activity Council Events (Howdy Week, Homecoming, U-Sing, College Bowl, Mom's Day, Winter Welcome Week to name a few) as well as an outlet to be plugged into the greek and multicultural events on campus.

With seven official national championships and the longest winning streak in University football history (47 consecutive wins from 1953-1957), it can certainly be said that OU boasts a proud football tradition. Campus is transformed into one large tailgate on gamedays and everyone sports the crimson and creme. Greek life takes center stage in many campus activities such as Homecoming, U-Sing, and Scandals. However, it is not necessary for a college experience. Many other social groups form around religious organizations, ethnic backgrounds, and academic interests.

Letters is one particular major at OU which sometimes gets a bad wrap. It can be a catch all for smart, but indecisive students. It is not a course for the faint hearted - you must take two languages and then upper division coursework in History, Philosophy, and Literature. This course boasts the all around classics education you wish mattered, but can be hard to market to employers - make sure you have extracirrular activities and internships to strengthen your resume. For this reason, many Letters graduates head to graduate school (law school in particular is popular) To the average student, OU is moderately academically demanding. Although there are labor intensive majors and classes, many students get by with just studying for Midterms and finals. If you are an above average student interested in learning, this plays to your advantage. Professors are delighted with students that ask a few questions in class, show interest in their subject, and visit during office hours. This can certainly reflect positively on your GPA. With that being said, there is certainly an opportunity for a challenging environment! By joining the honors college and/or majoring in something other than communications, you can find that academic stimulus.

Football and greek oriented school.

Andy

OU is great because it is big enough to meet lots of different, interesting people, but small enough to create a real sense of the university community. I always wished the university had better alumni relations. People always think that OU isn't a great university and that because it is in Oklahoma it must be really boring. Neither of those stereotypes are really true. It is very strong academically and a really fun environment for school. When I was there I spent most of my time in the art school and the library. Norman is definitely a college town. OU's president has done a great job of raising the academic standards as well as trying to find ways to create a more diverse university. They have done a really great job. There is a lot of school pride, especially when it comes to sports like football. The OU campus is one of the prettiest public university campus's in the region. It is small and well landscaped, with buildings that are (mostly) really pretty. I will always remember staying up all night in the great reading room and the student union studying for finals.

I always had very positive experiences with other groups on campus. The university places a big emphasis on groups mingling with other groups that may not seem like a natural fit at first. They planned multi group events and encouraged big groups to partner with smaller groups on events like homecoming. Most students are very casual for class the first 2 years (pajamas and flip flops), but start to dress a little nicer as they get closer to graduation. All different types of students interact because of the emphasis the university puts on interacting with new groups. Not only do different types of students interact within classes, but also socially for football games and events like the University Sing. Most OU students are from Oklahoma and Texas, but there is a large foreign student population as well. The finances are very mixed at OU. It is a state school, so there are a lot of people there paying their own way through school. They are also a lot of very wealthy students there who have everything. Students do tend to be politically aware at OU, but rarely seem to be active. The university tries to bring in interesting political speakers, and politics are often discussed around campus. I was never involved in any conversations with students about earning potential.

It was a great education and so much fun! It wasn't about the parties, it was about the relationships and the memories.

The art school was small, so all of the professors knew your name as well as what classes you were taking and generally how you were doing. I loved 'Apartheid in South Africa' - it was a really interesting combination of learning materials and so interesting! Most students (that I knew) studied a few nights a week, but it varied by major. In the art school class participation was both common and required. Some majors tend to emphasize competition, so some students are competitive. The art program was competitive, but also very cooperative. There was a real emphasis on helping each other and learning from each other. I was a Graphic Design/Visual Communication major. It was very competitive to join the program and we essentially competed against each other for our grades, but we were very into making sure each person had their own voice. We were encouraged to cooperate as a means of understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our own work. We were all very close and most of us still communicate with each other and some still talk to our professors. As an art major it was very important to meet with professors outside of class. I found that most professors at OU enjoyed students who would meet with them outside of class. I wish that OU's academic requirements were a little bit higher, but their National Merit scholarships do ensure that most classes are filled with very bright students. Different schools within OU are geared differently, but my experience was that it was learning for learning's sake, that was very helpful to me after I got a job.

About a quarter of the campus is Greek, so it is fairly important. Also, all things relating to football are a big deal. I was in a sorority while on campus. It is a great experience to get to know lots of different people that I might not have other met otherwise. It also encouraged me to become active on and around campus. Most dorm floors become very close and have an open door policy. Football is BIG. of course. There are some really awesome speakers and concerts, which tend to be popular in the spring. The dating scene is about the parties. Guys ask girls to go to a party. Rarely to dinner or a movie, unless they are actually dating. I met my closest friends in my major, the dorm and in the sorority house. I am still close with a lot of them. 2am on a Tuesday was totally normal and usually meant my friends and I were goofing around watching movies or talking in someone's room. Football season, tailgating, OU/TX weekend, Homecoming, U-sing, sooner scandals, the big event, greek rush Depends on the people. Totally. Some people party 6 nights a week, some never party. I would say the norm is Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fraternities and Sororities are pretty important, but because they are so big they don't really live up to most people's stereotypes. It's a lot like living in the dorms, but cleaner and with better food.

Sydney

I love OU. I love the people. And the football games. I haven't been to a basketball game but I hear they are great. I'd say it's the perfect size because it is a big school but not as big as say Texas... When I tell people I go to OU they are like "Why did you leave Texas?" And I'm like it's only 2 1/2 hours away from me, it's a beautiful campus, and I am getting a great education. I spend most of my time at my apartment, and at the Tri-Delta house. I'd say College-town and small town. You have the best of both worlds. Parking SUCKS! I hate the parking... at the dorms or even as a commuter. They both suck. There just isn't enough of it. A lot of School pride for sure! and I love having something I can be prideful of! Lots of good food options and good meal point systems.

I haven't had much interaction with any radicals on campus. I feel like everyone has a place on OU's campus. There are a variety of different people from all around the world. Though, for the most part I personally see it as being pretty divided. 4 tables... You have the sorority and the frat table. You have the jocks table. You have the table of people from Africa... which i feel like there are a lot of people from Africa... and then you have the mixed table. With your band geeks, your art people, and everything in between. Politics... It's all over the board.

That we all come from Texas or Oklahoma, we all wear designer jeans and uggs and our sorority or a frat t-shirts with your north face. And then when it get warm you wear nike shorts and the t-shirts again.

Sorority Life and Frats are huge on OU's campus. That is where I have met all of my best friends and I don't know what I would do on the weekends if I didn't rush. I am a Tri-Delt and there is a big mix of girls and I love every second of it. "Dry Campus".... Ya ok. So it may be drier than some other campuses but you can find alcohol every weekend at every frat house you go to. No one is forcing you to drink it, but its there. You have to stay in the rooms in case IFC or whatever comes, but ya its there.

Most of my professors know my name, except for in the classes with 500 people of course. My favorite class is my Communications class. I just think it is intresting and we do group activities and my teacher just makes it intresting yet at the same time he is chill and down to earth. Right now my classes are geard just toward learning but I think once I get into the business school I will be recieving a more focused business learning style.

Traci

The best thing about OU is the people working and going to school here. I doubt I would change very much at all. I think the size of OU is just about right. When I tell people I go to OU, the reaction is usually, "I'm sorry," but of course that's coming from my Texan relatives who are all alum of A&M or UT. But they realize that it's a good school and will say that after all the trash-talking has fizzled out. I spend most of my time at the Art School on campus. I'm an art major, and our projects take up to 20 hours a piece, so yeah, I would say the majority of my time is at the art school. Yes, Norman is a college town, quite obviously.

I'm not really sure what kind of student would feel out of place...we're very diverse and inviting so I don't see why anyone wouldn't be able to find somewhere to fit in. Students wear clothes to class. Of course there are some trends going around that students may participate in, but that's normal on any campus. Yes, different types of students interact. Although, I am answering these questions based on my experiences in the visual communications department, where everyone knows everyone and we all hang out at the studio and talk most of the time when we should be working. Some students are very aware and very active, while many are not.

To a certain extent...yes, probably about 99.9% of us are southern, but maybe not that many are conservative, and a number of us aren't football loving maniacs, but I would say for the most part, yes, the stereotype is true.

Yes, a few professors know my name. All of my classes are art related classes so I pretty much enjoy all of them. I wouldn't know too much about studying...I am more used to working on projects. Yes, class participation is a pretty huge thing around here. Of course OU students have intellectual conversations outside of class... what a sad world we would live in if our young people didn't have intellectual conversations around college age. Students in my major are very competitive. The most unique class...I would say would be an art history class I took on a study abroad trip to Austria and Germany. My major is visual communications, which is really just another word for graphic design. We spend time talking to our professors outside of class a lot of times because none of us understand what's going on, so we nag our professors to try to get some kind of answers out of them.

The greek system is obviously the most popular organization on campus. I'm in Delta Delta Delta, although I'm not as involved as a lot of my sisters are. When I stayed in the dorms, people would leave their doors open sometimes, but my roommate and I were never comfortable with that. I go to a lot of athletic events, and guest speakers, and theater shows, so with me, yes...those are all popular things. Dating scene. It's pretty good...if you're in the greek system and like to meet people, I don't really know about any other situation. I am from Norman so a lot of my closest friends I still have from high school and my other ones are people in the same major as me. 2 am on a Tuesday...working on a project. People party A LOT. Fraternities and sororities can be a really fun thing if you get involved and have fun with it, although it's not for some people, who have other ways of getting through the college years and having fun. They're a good thing to have mostly for the philanthropic things that go on and all of the community service that goes on because of them. I went to Austin last weekend to visit my parents to celebrate my birthday...21st birthday....yeaaahhhh. You can go bowling...go see a movie...hang out with friends...play games...rent a movie...go out to eat...tons of things to do without drinking.

That we're all a bunch of southern, conservative, football-loving people.

Yonathan

OU's academics are probably the best-kept secret in the country. The Engineering program, at least, is excellent. It provides all willing students with the opportunity to excel in whatever course they choose. Classes are of a personal nature. Even in classes of more than 250 students, professors always know my name (although that might be just because I am very outgoing).

Everyone thinks that we are the best at we do, as well they should.

Brandon

Best thing: The incredible amount of diversity we have here on campus! On any given day you will here more than 20 languages being spoken. I have made friends for life from students as far away as Europe, South America and the Middle East. Change: I would change how disconnected it feels here at times. There are so many people here that at times you may not see anyone you know here on campus all day. Still I feel for how big it is, there is still connection. School: Is slightly large but incredible to be here. Reaction: Unless they are from OSU or OSU (Oklahoma State) fans then they see it as a great university, one of the best in the Big 12. Most time: Since I am a writer for the Daily and also a journalism student and anthropology student then most of my time is spent on the South Oval in Gaylord Hall and Dale Hall. Copeland Hall is where our newsroom is so I spend an incredible amount of time in there. When I need to eat, the Campus Corner district is my first choice because of the delicious Cafe Plaid. College town: I'm not sure it is either college town or not. We have a healthy blend of people. There is an area where it is decidedly influenced by students, but go a few miles off and you see ordinary life. OU administration: At times they can be frustrating, but I feel they do a fair job. Since President David Boren has been here we have had the opportunity to hear some of the greatest leaders of our country. Former President Bill Clinton and Colin Powell are some of the names he has brought here. Recent controversy: One of the "fraternities" the Ruf/Neks (One of OU's football cheering organizations) was caught hazing. The administration cracked down on it and things have been better. Pride: Come for a football game and you will find out! Unusual: I would say unusual is an odd word to use. Life is usual. We all are different and have no specific identity as humans that have been forced on us. So, we are usual. OU students all have different views of life and ways of living it. So I think that as any university is, so are we. Remembering: The people here. I will always cherish the conversations here with people I agreed or disagreed with. The unique opportunity to meet people of all different cultures has made a profound impact on who I have become and am becoming. Complaints: That sorority girls should stop wearing Ugg boots, they went out of fashion a few years ago!

Diversity on campus: This is one area I feel OU could improve upon. We are in the Bible - belt and groups such as LGBT are looked down upon. I am straight, but one of my best friends is gay. We talked often about the problem with coming out on campus. We have those who are very uncomfortable with it and will say so. There is a lot of tolerance for everything here, and as a university we are becoming more progressive, but I think that at any university and here as well there is always an undercurrent of intolerance in any sector masked by a smile. Out of place student: I don't think any student could feel out of place, as long as they got hooked up with things they like and find people who are like them. Honestly, there is someone for everyone here. Apparel: Students here are as diverse in their dress as they are from their different backgrounds. I am going into fashion/pop culture magazine writing so how I dress is reflective of that. Sorority girls wear sweats, t-shirts and horrid Ugg boots to class. As in high school, everyone has their own sense of style. This doesn't change even after college. Adults wear what they want. Student interaction: I would say yes and no because of how I have interacted and who I am often associated with. I am friends with international students and so I see interaction between different people all the time. I also see groups of students who do not. OU students come from all over the U.S. but largely from Oklahoma. Finance: Sadly, the Greek life people are the most prevalent financially. They have Land Rovers and BMWs that their parents buy for them. They are easily identified. Politics: Yes, as in every university there are students who are active and those who are not. Part of the event with Bill Clinton was headed by the democrat student organization. Affiliation: You will find mostly conservative people here but increasingly centered. For example, many of the conservative students are looking at Obama as their possible choice. Post-grad: Of course we talk about how much we will make after college. Everyone does think about this at one time or another!

Students considering the University of Oklahoma should look deeper at it! Seriously, the tours are great but ask to stay with someone, sit in a class, talk to a professor, meet an international student, stay up until 2 a.m. talking with someone who should be studying. This helps you know a university better than any other way you could.

Just as with every university, there are all of these stereotypes but I think the fantastical is what people like to hear. Yes, there are the partiers, the football fanatics and those who on't pay attention to what is going on in the world around them. However, this doesn't define us. We have intellectuals that can, at times, rival a professor in a debate, people who could care less about the game of football and still others who came to OU for a good education...not to party. Stereotypes are common at every school. Students coming out of high school need to understand that every university will have incredible diversity, but it all has to do with them opening up their eyes and stepping into it. They cannot rely on the information of what is fantastical but on what is observable.

Groups: PanAm (Pan - American student association) is very popular and known for throwing good parties. Of course football is a big deal so there are groups organized around the team. Also, the diversity here has begun to allow small but lauded groups to pop up. Group: OU cousins pairs up American students with exchange students. I love it. My cousin is now like a brother to me. His name is Julien and he is from France. We look out for each other and have had some great conversations. Athletic: This is the Big 12 baby! Football is king in this conference so 85,000 + fans show up at home games. I lose my voice almost every time because of how intense they are. If there is any type of tensions between people, they go out the door here because we are all on that football field. Guest speakers: These draw the intellectual crowd quite a bit. I love going to these because I learn so much. I skipped classes just to be able to listen to Bill Clinton. Theater: There is a crowd for the thespian scene. I know quite a few people who go and I have been to one event, shoot I was almost in the event! Dating scene: Not sure, I am just making friends! Closest friends: I met them randomly, just by showing up at parties or classes. 2 a.m.: I am going to bed! Last weekend: My brothers came to visit me and we went to my friend Angelo's birthday party where we dance to a French song called "Les Lecs du Connemara" Off-campus: I work and eat!

We are a bunch of athletic - types who only care about football, partying and are cloistered away from the real world.

Name: Yea, the more you get into your major the more they recognize you. Favorite class and least favorite: I like most of my classes, I find something good about each. Right now, I have to say that Biological Physical Anthropology is a killer, but I have to take it for my second major. I loved Socio-Cultural Anthropology. Intellectual conversations: Yes, we do have amazing conversations outside of class. Even at parties I have been too, U.S. foreign policy was being discussed while we were sipping on a Screwdriver. Many students I have talked to care very much about what is going on in our world and think progressively for and care deeply about how our country. Competitive: Yes, students are but not against each other. Often, you will find them helping one another with something. No, they are competitive with themselves and their professors. Majors: Journalism and anthropology are amazing for their faculty. Both have incredible programs. Education: OU balances both job and learning. Of course they want us to succeed but we do have classes we must take that force us to think outside of the box and in the mindset of others.

Ainsley

The best thing about OU is definitely football game days. Specifically OU/TX weekend. It is amazing to be a part of a group of fans that huge and that in love with a team. If I had to change something it would be the size of the Greek system. The Greek society at OU is massive and it is very difficult to get involved and meet friends without being a part. This is also a good thing in some ways, as it is an extremely rewarding and enjoyable experience to in a sorority/fraternity. I think the size of OU is just right. I met new people in every class during college, but I also never walked to class without seeing a familiar face. On campus I spent most of my time at the beautiful library. The architecture at OU is this amazing red brick/gothic style and the library is one of the best examples. Even though I didn't much care for all the studying...the building was a gorgeous setting. Definite college town. OU rules the Norman community and everyone in town owns at least one OU car flag.

The best thing is my boyfriend Jake is here. The worst thing is that he's been neutered so I have to initiate everything if you know what I mean.

OU fans and students definitely live for football. Game days are a truly unique experience. I never experienced the snobby stereotype that I had been warned about. There are quite a few wealthy kids from OKC and Tulsa that go to OU in comparison to Oklahoma State or other schools in OK and I can see how this stereotype could get started.

Some classes are huge..like chemistry, zoology, physics. And some classes like poetry and literature in medicine are quite small. The size of the class obviously determines whether a professor will know your name. And students study at different degrees depending on major and future plans. Law school/Med school wannabes are at the library or Barnes and Noble 24/7. Education majors have it a bit easier as far as study hours. Most unique class I took was Chaucer. The entire class was about Cantebury Tales and other great Chaucer works. It was a memorable experience and really shaped the way I view society.

Greek life is HUGE! To get involved on campus, greek society is a great place to start. I met all my closest friends in my sorority and found out about ways to get involved on campus and also received advice about classes to take and classes to steer clear of. Also, Crimson Club Ambassadors is a prestigious group to apply for once you've built up a few activities/offices on your college resume. Football events are definitely popular and you'll find it difficult to get tickets if you aren't johnny on the spot about signing up at the beginning of the year. Freshman.. you might be out of luck, sorry. Basketball is not quite so popular. Students go to games, but it is not the community event like football is. Weekend nights are great in norman. There is always a theatre production on campus or a band/concert on Campus Corner. If you visit Norman, Campus Corner is a must see. There are lots of tasty restaurants popping up all the time. Also, check out the little boutique shopping spots around there. Off campus, students can go to Lake Thunderbird for waterskiing/wakeboarding/fishing/etc. Norman is full of excellent eateries, great shopping, fun bars. The Mont is basically a historic landmark. A bar that has been there since way before the dinosaurs. You must go there and get a Swirl.

OU is considered to be a "football school". There is also sometimes talk of OU and OU Students as being "stuck up" and a "party" school.

Students like me are discriminated against. We only get dog food to eat.

i would like to have more to eat and a boyfriend who hasn't been castrated. i also miss running around with my little buddy Zampa who transferred to New York. Do you think there is a place for me in theater on Broadway? Are there Delta Omicron Gammas in New York who haven't been fixed?

I like drama class and making facial expressions.

It is mostly about me and Jake. We went for a walk last weekend in the country and he got lost for awile until I found him. I love all the other Delta Omicron Gamma's.

We play our iPods on our stereotypes while we study. Does that answer your question?

Kate

At times my school seems too small, but I think that's just because the group I usually hang out with is the greek system here at OU, which makes the university seem smaller than it really is. Since I am from Texas, I get dogged on alot when I tell Texans that I go to OU, especially my dad. I spend most of my time at the Pi Phi house on campus or at the library when I need to get some intense studying done. Definately a college town; Norman is because of OU. OU has a huge amount of school pride; a boomer sooner is proud to be one and definately shows it when we wear our OU gear to class everyday. Just shout "Boomer" walking down the south oval and you will definately get a louder "Sooner" back. Unfortunately, the most frequently heard complaint is something that can't be helped: Oklahoma weather.

I think a minority student might feel out of place here at OU. There are of course many minorities here, but they all stick together. The majority is definately white. Most students wear sweats or jeans, something comfortable. It is rare that you see someone dressed up. Most OU students are from bigger cities here in Oklahoma: Oklahoma City, Tulsa. The rest are from Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex area in Texas. Most students here seem well off, but that just might be because I only know greek students, and the majority of greek students are well off. Students here are predominantly right winged.

That we are all very conservative, somewhaat country or hick. All the Texas people come here because they can't get into UT Austin.

My professors in my smaller classes know my name, usually classes of 25 and under.My least favorite class is my honors communications class because it is based mainly on discussion, and that really doesn't fit my personality. I am more of a shy and introverted person, so speaking out doesn't really suit me. Class participation is common in the smaller classes. I never spend time with professors outside of class. That seems very uncommon. The education at OU seems geared at getting a job: every major is very specialized and we have a ton of connections with various companies that come and seek out future employees here at OU.

A huge aspect of OU is the greek community, which is very popular here on campus. I am involved in Pi Beta Phi sorority. Most students in the dorms lock their doors, however, I haven't since the first day of school. Football games are very very popular, basketball and other sports are definately overshadowed by football season. I met my closest and only friends through my sorority. If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday night, I am either studying or hanging out with my boyfriend. People party every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, unless something special is happening during the week, where in that case a party might happen during a weekday. Last weekend I partied on Thursday and Friday night, and went to a dateparty on Saturday night. When I go off campus, it is usually to make a run to Target or WalMart or the mall. Rarely do I go to the movies or out to eat.

Randy

Well the best thing used to be the Organ Grinder right across the street from my doghouse before they made it into a parking lot and then the Grinder went out of business. The worst thing is they won't let me into Memorial Stadium on game days because they are racist. They used to have Snoop Dog but they even got rid of him. I'm thinking about transfering somewhere that appreciates me more...

Most of us just wear nothing to class except a collar and nobody seems to mind. There is a lot of interaction depending upon whether you've been neutered or not. There are two kinds of fellow students at the tables: fast eaters and slow eaters. Politically most of us walk right down the center on all four legs...

I miss my little buddy Zampa who moved to Manhattan and I'm thinking of transferring to NYU if I can get credit for my digging class.

Nope. My girlfriend is a shorthair too.

That they all have long hair when some of us actually are shorthairs.

I don't date much since I have no testoserone.

Favorite class is soil sciences in the engineering department. We get to dig holes. I would say my education is geared toward eating, sleeping and digging.

Sasha

I feel OU is just about right. Once you get into your major, you know everyone who is in that school of study. People definitely view OU in a positive light. I spend most of my time on campus at the Library. I think Norman isn't a very fun town. The bars suck at OU unless you want to be real fake at seven47. OU has a great administration. David Boren is the man. The biggest controversy on campus is the Alcohol policy even though fraternity parties are making a big come back (ones that happen in the house). The school pride is high just for OU football. Nothing too unusual about OU. It's your basic University.

Student body is greek dominated. There is a strong evangelical Christian group which seems to be getting larger and larger each year. Most students wear ordinary clothes to OU. Most students from OU are from Oklahoma and Texas. Tons of texas kids. Students are pretty politically active. There isn't very much apathy. Most are very Moderate.

I would say they are accurate. Very much so.

Academics at OU are not bad at all. It depends on what you major in to be honest. I'm accounting and have felt I have had only one real hard class which has been Finance. Just listen to what teachers to take and you'll be fine. Also, talk to the teachers because they do favor those who actually talk.

Again, the greek system dominates the social scene. I hate to say it but I cannot imagine anyone's social life without one. Students typically leave their doors open. On the dating scene, date parties typically are the start of most relationships. Last weekend, we had a party at my fraternity, went to a Country Club in Oklahoma City, and just had a great time. Since there is a strong Christian population, you can find others that don't drink and have fun.

I wouldn't say there are any particular type of OU Students. Most of them are easy going Oklahoma and Texas people. I would say that the Greek system absolutely dominates the scene. I feel everyone who is well regarded is from the Greek System.

University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.