University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

I guess the worst thing is when you get a teacher that just doesn't teach well and makes a class that should be pretty basic into something very difficult. Students should know what they're getting into, and if one teacher makes a class significantly harder than another, it is unfair to those students because theire grades will affect their GPA which affects scholarship and admission to other academic programs. There should at least be a level playing field, which means we need a similar level of difficulty among classes that carry the same course number.

My school is very fractured. There is the bulk of the OU population, mostly from Oklahoma or north Texas, who tend to live largely in the Greek fraternity and sorority scene and don't necessarily focus on academic pursuits. There are also a couple hundred National Merit Scholars who were bribed to come to the school and focus wholly on academic pursuits in an isolating manner. There are obviously a bunch of cliques in between, but it is very difficult for a lot of people to find the balance that they hope to find in college.

The worst thing about the school is that it's very bureaucratic in the way it operates. In some ways this can be a good thing because the school has a lot of students. However, sometimes this can slow down a process. For example, if you want to get a permit to post fliers for a student organization you have to submit an application to do so and then the application must be approved. This means the student organization has to plan ahead if they want to advertise for an event since it takes time to get the application approved.

When people hear the University of Oklahoma, they often associate it with football. It can be aggravating at times because the University of Oklahoma is much more than that. It is a distinguished academic intitution that has the most resources and an underrated Honors College. The Honors College is full of distinguished with Ivy League pedigrees. Football is a wonderful sport that benefits the University greatly, but first and foremost it is a place of learning and it should be recognized as such.

Honestly I dont think there is anything bad about the University of Oklahoma. It is really up to the student to decide whether he/she has bad experiences or not. I personally really enjoyed my freshman year in college. I met some great friends and teachers that greatly impacted me. I became apart of a solid group of guys in a greek organization and became an integral part of its leadership. My hometown is in Conroe, TX so my only complaint about my illustrious college is the distance from home.

The location is the worst thing about my school. This is because it isn't located in California. I love California with a passion, because that's my home state. I would love to have gone to UCLA, but I settled for OU, which is fine. OU is a really nice school. The environment is calm and friendly. The temperature here at OU is really cold. I miss the sunshine weather and Los Angeles' famous palm trees. Also, the expenses are excruciating. All college expenses are, and I need alleviation.

The worst aspect is parking. There isn't enough parking for the number of students who drive to school. It's always difficult to park in the parking garage directly next to the Catlett Music Center. I've paid good money for a parking permit and seeing as I'm a Music Education major who's in Catlett from 8 or 8:30 am to 5:30 pm at night, I deserve the right to park in the parking garage without difficulty. All I ask is to park right next to the building my classes are in without difficulty.

The worst thing would have to be the size. Going from a small community college to a very large campus is challenging. Not only is it hard to get from class to class in a short about of time, but the class sizes are also large, which takes away from close relationships with professors. Also, there is never enough parking, especially for commuters like myself. I end up parking so far away I have to arrive an extra 30 minutes early in order to get to class on time.

I think the worst thing about our school is the general advising for your freshman year. The counselors are working with thousands of students and you don't have very long with them when working out your schedule. Also, for those students that already know their major are somtimes pushed off track because the counselors try to get you enrolled in all general education requirements. You typiclly don't see the counselor for your major until your third semester.

There is nothing I really hate with about my school. If I had to choose something that I somewhat dislike, I would say that I somewhat do not like that some of my lecture classes are huge! There are some classes that have over three hundred students! It can be intimidating for a freshman to ask questions, so I would say that is something that I do not like. But, I have adjusted to the class sizes and am used to it and the new college environment.