University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

I feel OU is just about right. Once you get into your major, you know everyone who is in that school of study. People definitely view OU in a positive light. I spend most of my time on campus at the Library. I think Norman isn't a very fun town. The bars suck at OU unless you want to be real fake at seven47. OU has a great administration. David Boren is the man. The biggest controversy on campus is the Alcohol policy even though fraternity parties are making a big come back (ones that happen in the house). The school pride is high just for OU football. Nothing too unusual about OU. It's your basic University.

OU is the perfect size for a big university. The campus looks huge at first, but after walking it, it seems smaller than it appears. We're known for our athletics so football season is always the best time of year at OU. The trip to Dallas for OU v Texas is a must! We even get the Friday before the game off of school for it! Campus corner has bars, shopping, restaurants, and cafes right across the street from campus. Definitely a college town, but close to Oklahoma City if you want a bigger city to visit. We take a lot of pride in our school and we'll be sure every Texas fan knows we're the best!

The school is very well rounded. If you like sports, the Big XII championship for football has to come through Norman every year. If you are into arts, we have a huge museum, major concerts of all kinds, etc. If you like the outdoors, the campus is beautiful and numerous state parks are close by. I feel like most of the people that I knew had school pride. The one major complaint that I had was how conservative many of the people are (mostly politically and religiously). I thought college was supposed to be a time of liberal thought and experimentation, but not everyone feels the same.

I think OU is awesome because of the people. Everyone's so friendly and encouraging and fun. The classes are pretty good, depending on your teacher (pickaprof.com FTW). And I really like the small-town atmosphere. Definitely not much to do if you want to go on dates, but I like the more simple attitude like walking through parks, tossing the frisbee, sitting on the south oval, stuff like that. It's also not too big. I wanted to go someplace bigger than, say, my private school (which was tiny) but also not get lost in the crowd like at UT or A&M and OU was the perfect fit for me.

If I could change something : more place where we could eat "on campus". There is just the union where there are 5 fast food restaurants. Or you have to go back to the dorms where there is the cafeteria. I would also have more places with healthy food because I get bored of Wendy's salads! I spend most of my time at the library because there are study rooms where you can study with friends and talk at the same time. It makes it more fun! But also in the union because there is a big room in which people are playing the piano, which is very nice to hear to while studying.

I love Ou football. I can't think of anything that I would change. I have always wanted to go to a big school and OU is big but that is what I wanted. They are impressed and usually ask more questions about going there. I love the library, and I also hang out in the union a lot. I don't really know too much about the administration, but things seem to run pretty smoothly. I don't really know of any controversy. I think that there might have been a bomb threat or something not too long ago. There is a ton of school pride... A TON! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!

Administration is very good, and OU is on the up and up. With that said, OU has some significant hurdles to overcome. As a general rule, the quality of students is fairly low. The university has way too many "gimme-degrees." Football is huge, just don't say anything if the team loses. The best thing about OU is the price; it is cheap as hell and they love to give out scholarships....very segmented student body. Good number of National Merit/full ride students at top, with lots of people at the bottom, and seemingly, no one in between.

The best thing about OU is Game Day!! If I were to change something, it would be that we had more greek functions. I love how small the campus is compared to the amount of students that attend OU! I spend most of my time in the library, love the biz. Definately a college town. OU's administration is very well out together, I feel like everything runs very smoothly. The school runs off of its pride!! BOOMER SONER! I will never forget my times in Dallas for OU/Texas. The most complaints are definately about the campus being dry.

when i tell people that i went to OU, the first thing that comes to their mind is football. OU has a great football tradition, and that is very well known. i would consider norman to be a big college town. think of it this way, if OU were to suddenly not exist in norman, it would not survive as it does. a good portion of the town is built around the university, it would be a different place without it. one experience i will always remember is when mitch hedberg and zach galifinakis(sp?) performed on the south oval. excellent.

OU seems to really embrace its prestige as having top quality professors that are not only incredible instructors, but also commonly accessable on a regular basis to help with both advancing your area or major, but also those who really want to give you the best education for your money. The campus is large enough to allow for diversity, but not so large that you're lost in a sea of 300 people in one class. Once again, you get the best of both worlds: top notch education on a personal and individual basis.