University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

To be perfectly frank, I think that any 'kind' can attend this school. I came to OU from a high school in Sacramento almost against my will. When I arrived, I was the only person that I knew in the state and I had beliefs that were counter to those of most of OU's population. Assimilating was difficult, but after my first three semesters I have built a niche that justifies my attendance. If I can find people who care about the things that I care about even though I started completely from scratch, then anybody can do that.

I thing various people can attend this school. When you walk down the south or north oval you see all kinds of people. Hippies preps gangstas athletic kids as well as several different kinds of races from all over the world. I don't think there is a certain kind of person that should be attending this school. If you had only on type of person that has the same track of mind.. not only would that be a boring school but, how would students learn to their full potential no one would be ther to challenge them.

The people who SHOULD attend are those who want to get the most out of their education. The type of people who are actually there are spoiled, rich kids who only care about greek life and football. Rarely do you find someone who thinks towards the future or has to work to support themselves. Kids don't reach out to one another; everyone is self-absorbed or only cares about making greek friends. It was difficult in the beginning but now that I'm married, it's EXTREMELY rare that anyone new will talk to me.

Everyone! The univeristy of Oklahoma welcomes every year students from all over the world. Students who are interested in having the best college experience, reaching their goals, get involve, participate in football games or any other sport, and be part of the sooner boomer tradition should attend the university of Oklahoma. Students with an interest on accomplish their dreams and be successful in life with help the of friends, coworkers, professors, and advicers should definately attend OU.

A person who is ready to dedicate much of their effort and time for school. Those who believe they are capable of much more then their peers. Those who are also looking meet many of the peole who they will befriend for the rest of their lives. The kind of students who also want an unlimited amount of activities and clubs to join when they have spare time. The University of Oklahoma is for students who want something to be proud of for the rest of their lives.

I believe any type of person can attend the University of Oklahoma. There are so many campus organizations that it is nearly impossible not to find something you are interested in. Everyone here is eager to get to know new people, and many are very accepting of people that may be different from themselves. Academically, there is a major or minor for everyone's interest. There are also many professors and counselors there to help you with your career path.

Any person that enjoys having many opportunities thrown there way and many new people to meet and share their college experience with. The University of Oklahoma in Norman is a great falicitator to every student on campus and puts forth effort to give students the best opportunity to lead a successful life. Also, OU allows all of the students on campus to branch out and find out what they truly enjoy in life and will make their career out of.

Someone who wants the "classic/all-American" college experience--Football is a huge deal, the whole town revolves around the university, lots of Oklahoma and Texas people. It's a state school and has some of every type there. Not the place if you want a dominant culture of intellectuals or artists or researchers. Those sub-cultures are there, but it's mostly the average population.

In truth, I do not think one has to be a specific genre of a person to be happy at this school. The students and faculty welcome any and everyone in to make it become their new home and the University seems to take pride in that. The friendly environment makes the University as welcoming as it can be and I think thats why no person has to be a certain way to enjoy themselves.

Literally anyone could attend OU. It is a very diverse campus and feels like home to everyone who attends OU. There is a strong sense of community as well as friendship. Many out of state students attend OU and outnumber the number of instate students. This school would be a perfect fit for anyone looking for a strong school spirit and anyone who is far from home.