University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

Once you get used the university culture, the social aspect of the university, especially within the sororities and fraternities, is very satisfying. Making that connection with other people, people who care about your personal success as well as their own, is very important to me. The support system offered by the greek system within this university fulfills that need completely. They create a family-type atmosphere similar to what you experienced while at home, and like a home environment, are very supportive of your needs, which helps tremendously with studying and grades.

The best thing about the University of Oklahoma is that there is no single best thing about it. I think many high school students fear college becasue it presents a massive life change. We fear being lost in the croud, we fear the unknown, we fear not having a group with which to associate. At the University of Oklahoma, everyone and anyone can find people, places, and activities to love. We have great academics, great student clubs, great Greek life, great football, great professors, a great comunity, and all-around great people.

The University of Oklahoma has such a broad and varied campus that anyone could find something to be a part of. This apect really helps create a small, intimate campus feel with all the benefits and diversity of a large campus. Many of my friends that also attend large colleges often tell me that they feel "like an ant", meaning that they feel as if they don't matter and are just another tuition check for the university. I truely feel as if I do matter and that the Univerisity of Oklahoma does care about me and my education.

My school has the complete college atmosphere in regard to making you feel a part of the university from the summer orientation to the dorm check in to sporting events to campus activities that everyone and anyone can get involved with. I am from out of state and I didn't know anyone going to OU but the school does an amazing job of starting in the summer of your freshman year with the Camp Crimson of getting you connected to friends who are freshman coming in from all over the country. OU made me feel like I belonged.

The thing I most remember about my school is the pride people take in being an OU student. It would be hard to capture the one thing that makes it stand out for me, and it would certainly be difficult to capture everyone's opinion as to what makes it the best. But, whatever that reason is, it is the reason I wear crimson and cream proudly, the reason I hang my diploma on my wall and the reason I cheer loudly where ever I can! If I had any doubt, I would keep my mouth shut!

President Boren. I recognize that he isn't technically a part of the campus, but he is a big part of student life, whether students know it or not. President Boren always has the interests of the students at heart. He is always willing to listen to the students if they have a concern and he is constantly making improvements to the campus, administration, and academics of OU. He genuinely cares about the well being of the student body and the students love him for it.

I believe that the best thing about my school is that is it very culturally -diverse. Everyone is accepted and individuals are encouraged to express their beliefs and concerns. I believe that it is important that our faculty (professors) acknowledges race, gend,er, sexuality, religion. and ethnicity because it often the meaning behind our responses to questions that are addressed in the classrooms. Our background and experience is what shapes our ideas and thoughts.

I like that their is alot of assistance if you are struggling in classes. I go to the writing center a lot. Our local community college also let us use there facilities if needed. I use both campuses because I live out in town. My professor are easy to get ahold of, if I need help. I have trouble with writing and they help me with it. My major is Liberal Studies Admistrative Leadership and most school don't have that. I wouldn't attend any other college.

The University of Oklahoma is a wonderful college because the staff works so hard to make sure every student gets the help they need. There are multiple tutoring sessions, test preps, and review sessions available to anyone and everyone willing to give up some time for self improvement. All of the student outreach and study programs motivate students to work hard, but they also let students know that they are not alone in their struggles.

The best thing about the University of Oklahoma would have to be all the study halls and tutoring opportunities. The university gives the students every opportunity to succeed. There is tutoring offered for every major class, and the tutors themselves are either teaching assistants or graduate students majoring in the given course. I have attended numerous tutoring and study hall sessions, and I have found them all extremely helpful.