University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

Maegan

The university has a wide variety of extracurriculars to meet the needs and interests of its wide variety of students. However, the University sends out weekly emails at the beginning of the week in which special events are held. This is frustrating for working students because if an event is of interest to the students, it's often too late for the student get out of work to attend. If I could change anything about the university, it would be to send out these mass emails either during the weekend or during the prior week.

Grace

Personally, I love the University of Oklahoma. The campus is extremely well maintained, the staff is always there to help you and make you feel at home, and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved with whatever peaks your interest (whether or not it pertains to your major). Though it might take a little bit of walking, it truly feels like home.

Danielle

OU is the best university ever. I'm from Texas and OU was the only college that I really considered. Even though there has been an increase in tuition, I still want to be there. OU has the best feeling and the most beautiful library. The academics is top tier and the sports are phenomenal (we always win championships lol). OU is the best and everyone should be here.

If you are a sports fanatic, this is definitely the school for you. Sports are a big deal on this campus and rightfully so because we are incredibly talented in almost all sports, but especially football. If you are a journalism or fine arts major, this campus has amazing facilities for both and fine arts activities are heavily promoted by the university to attend and enjoy. Also, the new president is a big contributor to the engineering department, so if that is your major, now is the best time to become a Sooner. All medical related degrees are heavily competitive.

Blake

OU is a campus that anyone can enjoy. While it is easily the most popular campus in Oklahoma, by no means does thats diminish the academic or social experience. Basically, one would have to try to have a bad time at OU, at least in regards to socializing and succeeding academically.

Dylan

All in all, it's a great school, even if there are some issues with the on campus housing, I'd gladly choose OU again if I had to. The only main downside is the required diversity experience for freshmen, they try to make people more accepting, which is an admirable effort, but they go about it in a bad way.

Kaila

I love the campus, it's so beautiful and unlike anything I ever imagined. The other students are friendly and make you feel welcomed. It's very easy to make friends and make friendly conversations. The professors, well the ones I have are very helpful and they make sure you understand the lecture. Everyone here wants to see you succeed and that's the greatest feeling. To know that you have supporters around you. #BOOMERSOONER

Katy

I loved going to OU and feel I received a great, well-rounded education there. I had plenty of choices for my electives and felt it was not difficult to find a group of lifelong friends even though I didn't join a sorority. I loved my major and found the professors refreshingly available and engaged. Norman is a great town, too- a quintessential college town that's big enough to have good stores and a decent music scene. If you're looking to go to school here just realize class sizes are large (especially the first year when you're ticking off your gen ed credits), but you can find your place here- but the school is so big you must be proactive to seek out new friends.

Cameron

Overall the University of Oklahoma is a great school to attend. The campus is beautiful, you get to interact with so many different people and groups. The academics are exceptional and there are a lot of great places to study as well as a good amount of help. My only complaint is dorm life since they are very old and you don't really get a lot of space for the amount you pay. Also the food could be better. But other than that it's a really great school.

Miya

Reakky goo school

Connor

Never is there ever a dull day at the University of Oklahoma. Whether you're stepping into class with a smile and some coffee, Heading to the Union for a light-night movie with friends, lying in the grassy South Oval to watch the clouds and hear the Pride of Oklahoma practice in the distance, or simply wandering around to gaze at the flowers, OU is the greatest place to be. Calling this university "home" becomes easy after just a few days on campus. Absolutely, I have made so many friends and memories here that the day I graduate will be bitter sweet.

Jackson

The University of Oklahoma is honestly a beautiful campus due to care and maintenance that is done around the clock. The university works tirelessly to ensure students are safe, secure and academically focused. Like anywhere you have the positive things and negative things. First off, the buildings are well maintained along with the outdoor facilities and outdoor lounge areas such as gardens. People here at out are extremely friendly, except when you find those few people are duds or unfriendly by nature. Being involved at the university is easy as emails go out daily telling students about latest activities and chalk is drawn on the sidewalk informing people of events and gatherings. Staff is extremely professional and willing to assist where ever they can. Students often party from time to time, but everyone is academically focused when the time comes around. The colleges around campus are clean, carry lastest technology in the classrooms, and professors care about their students even in the major lectures of 300 plus students. It is truly a wonderful place to be, especially if you are an undergraduate.

Shelby

Great place to attend, I would love to attend OU next fall 2017! Had a good campus visit with my Avid class last year.

I absolutely love the University of Oklahoma. I stayed home a year and went to Collin College and transferred here this past Fall of 2016. BEST decision I've ever made. I've been a Sooners fan for as long as I can remember and I'm so glad I get to go here! Everyone here is so nice and so welcoming. We really are a Sooner family here at OU. There's always something that you can do and get involved in! If you're not about Greek Life- that is okay! There are a lot of different organizations, there's one for everyone out there! Great school! Great people! I love it! Game days are my absolute favorite! SOONER FOOTBALL-SATURDAYS ARE FOR THE BOYS! But you can go to gymnastics meets, baseball games and basketball games! Classes can be hard, but if you go to class and study- it shouldn't be a problem! President Boren is so sweet. My absolute favorite! I live in the dorms, they're kinda small, but very convenient especially during dead week and finals week and there's the Huston Huffman Fitness Center if you ever want to destress by working out! Go here! BEST SCHOOL!

Brenna

The campus itself is beautiful and there are some really great people here, but recently there have been some racial issues which is really sad and unfortunate. The housing, like any other university housing, is just not worth the price at all. The classes are okay if they are small, but a lot of the science classes hold around 300 students which makes it really hard to learn.

Lacy

It's a great campus. Location is awesome and Campus Corner is close by with shopping and food options. It's a 30 minute drive to downtown OKC and about a 20 minute drive to Moore. The programs they have are good. The only thing I wish they offered was Interior Decorating, but it makes me think outside the box. Sports is a big deal around here, and if you're not a sports fan, there's plenty of other options to go to. We're a growing campus. I grew up in Norman, OK and have seen the ways the university grows, the people going in and out of the programs, and stepping up and speaking out on issues prevalent in today's world. I was Sooner Born, and Sooner Bred, and when I die, I will be Sooner Dead.

Norma

The campus is beautiful! There is always something going on here on campus. Student life is very involved and has many activities that include the whole university. It is not very diverse, but it is working its way there. There ar many multicultural student organizations one can join for free.

Erica

It is a very nice campus. Students are there to get a degree, but they don't mind partying during the week or attending all the sporting events. The food on campus isn't bad but it isn't great either. The on-campus housing stinks, especially since you have to stay on campus your first year unless you live really close to campus.

Regan

It is great campus to be at. There is always something going on, but it is easy to find a quiet place to go to. The sexual assault numbers are alarming, and greek life is almost too much of a priority I think. I am not greek, and I am having a great time in college.

Kynnedy

The University of Oklahoma has always been my ideal school. Not too far from family and I can feel right at home when I'm there. I'm currently a concurrent student at the university and I have participated in multiple programs that help me get a feel of what campus life is like. Although it is a predominately white institution, there are still numerous multicultural clubs on campus. These students come together for their own events and special occasions so that no one feels left out. At OU, there are multiple resources to help any type of disciplinary problems that a student may have. Rather struggling to study, needing proofreading help on an essay, or needing to work on exercising daily. OU truly cares about each student’s success and will do whatever they have to do to help their students achieve their goals. The University of Oklahoma is not just a spectacular university, but also a family that sticks by your side for life. I love the University of Oklahoma with a passion. BOOMER SOONER

Alexandra

The University of Oklahoma has to be one of the best schools out there. Not only are they involved in sports, art, music and almost all the above they're very great when it comes to academics. Each class that's brought in seems to get bigger and brighter as years come by. The students are all so helpful of one another and the professors are always there to help. It's a truly wonderful University and I recommend it to many others.

Callie

I love it! It has a great atmosphere and great programs. There are on-campus interest activities to meet people and get involved. There are advisors to help guide you as well as other students to help mentor you along the way. It is a beautiful campus and has something for everyone.

Diana

This is the best law school, hands down, IMO. My specialization is Indigenous People's Law, with cross training in Petroleum, Minerals & Legal Drafting. It was not a light work load, but we were thoroughly trained in all aspects any Indigenous person or Native Nation would encounter except Domestic Violence. We did cover VAWA, but as far as actually specifics that are dictated by the state or tribal nation, those were not covered. We covered Constitutional law, Legal Research, the History of Indian Law, all aspects of Natural Resource Law (Water, etc), Religious law, International Law, Criminal Jurisdiction, Civil Jurisdiction, Family Law/Indian Child Welfare Act . . . I'm sure I forgot one! Would I do it again? Absolutely! And the professors for the Native specific courses ARE Native, as well as the top of their field (Endowed Legal Chairs, UN Consultants, OAS Consultants, etc.).

Cara

OU is a fairly large campus that feels like a small town. The students are very friendly and intelligent. The academics in my major are really great, with top of the line faculty, equipment, and students. Student services are also really great, and will work with students who need help.

Laurel

It is an amazing a campus! The teachers truly want their students to succeed, but because they want you to succeed they won't go easy on you. Be prepared to walk across the beautiful campus to class because parking is rough, and it is a large campus. The water here does taste a little strange, but it is clean. I would definitely suggest you check out the amazing school where there is always something happening, from movies in the union to football games on the weekend. Boomer Sooner!

The University is a great place. There are plenty of resources for whatever you need whether it be tutoring, health, etc . I always feel safe and don't have to worry about being alone anywhere. The food is awesome. The dorms are a bit small and expensive, but I think that happens with just about every college. There also seems to be constant construction, which can be annoying, but at least their making campus a better place!

Cheyanne

There are always things to do on campus, from Friday night movies, to sports, to campus corner, to organizations on and off campus. There is a wide variety of people to interact with throughout campus from all over the world with different backgrounds and beliefs. The academics are outstanding.

Arantxa

The University of Oklahoma boasts of a gorgeous campus and a friendly, open community. It has plenty of opportunities for financial aid as well as extra-curricular activities, there's pretty much a club for every class. It's definitely worth checking out!

Stephen

I don't attend or plan to attend the University of Oklahoma however some of my friends do go there. There's mixed feeling on this campus. They are slow with helping you set your business and the alumni and students are somewhat clannish. If you are a diehard Boomer Sooner fan then go. It's not my cup of tea.

Alannah

I love the environment and the love everyone has for this school. Everyone here is passionate and willing to work hard. Its a big school with lots of new people and customs. And plenty of opportunities to make friends. The class sizes are large, but the professors keep office hours and are happy to help.

Iesheyia

The University of Oklahoma is a place where I honestly feel at home. Everyday that I attend campus, I walk around with a big smile on my face. Not only because the campus itself is beautiful, but I look forward to attending my classes because they are very fulfilling.

Daniel

The campus is beautiful and the students and faculty are friendly. The residence halls are always having events and the fitness and recreation center is in close proximity to the halls. Professors are so available and it's very often that you will run into one of them every day. Academics are top-tier.

Kristen

I have grown up in the college town that OU is in almost my whole life, and I absolutely love it. Everything from the atmosphere of the campus on a regular school day to the atmosphere on any game day for any sport. I am a concurrent/ dual credit student, and the fact that the university gives me the opportunity to get a higher education at the best place on Earth still leaves me in awe each and everyday.

Shelby

The University of Oklahoma-Norman campus is one with so many opportunities for everyone. As an out-of-state student, I had doubts that I would find a place to fit in. However, the welcoming community, academics and professors, and extracurricular activities made me feel right at home. While some things can be difficult like at other colleges, the campus itself makes me prefer the University of Oklahoma over any other college or university.

Callie

It is a large university with a small, community feel to it. There are numerous ways to get involved and feel at home. People from Norman and most students are friendly and helpful. The school has many great resources for research an studying. The only downside is the variation in professors, sometimes they're great and sometimes they couldn't care less about their students.

Benjamin

The Norman Campus is beautiful, pretty big, and just amazing to be there! I really like the wide variety of food, places to go, the awesome professors, and the overall vibe of the people. The people there value the alcohol free, drug free environment and each other! The college is also highly affordable, so be sure to go there!

Anna

The University of Oklahoma creates a warm environment for new students. Coming from out of state, I had no troubles finding friends and the people there are really friendly. I have never met such engaging people in my life. However, I feel like some departments are lacking in the College of Arts and Sciences because the school focuses a lot on national merit students and engineering students.

Emma

Great size of campus, nothing is too far. Classes are just right for your major and there is not too many students everywhere. Friendly student body. We live for Football! Great Greek system. The town of Norman is easy to get around and has everything that you need.

DeMarcus

It's a cool place to get my first time experience with everything so I'm kinda nervous so I believe if I stay focus and hang around the right people I be straight and chase the degree by getting closer to the dream. I'm ready for my future to hold greatness

Brandon

The University of Oklahoma is an awesome school. There are many historic traditions, especially around football. The University takes pride in inclusion and making everyone feel like they belong. Academics are also highly valued. I am a current student and I love it here.

Tylicia

Question : What if you believe the candidate or party on the opposing side does not care about the needs of the poor and the minorities? Would you still vote for the party who is openly campaigning to (....enforce Sunday....) as the law of the land? Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself , to be free. Belief plus action equals faith.

Elvin

This place has brought real change in my life. Coming to OU, made me so scared because the University is big. But with a fantast program for incoming Freshman and transfer students, I was able to adapt very easily. One of the great things about this place is the student and teacher interaction out of class. I really enjoyed going to my professors office hours to seek help. I really a greatful to be part of this commmunity also called a second home.

Chelsea

There are about three things people here care about. Football--specifically, games against certain colleges in Texas. Chick-Fil-A--We HaVe ThE wOrLd'S oNlY aLl YoU cAn EaT cHiCk-FiL-a (be aware it's a limited menu and you have to pay $8.50/one student meal to get into the caf where it is; otherwise, there's one with normal pricing at the union) Frat/sorority culture--I don't experience it as much, but there's definitely a significant amount of Greek-affiliated party culture going on. Otherwise, campus is nice and compact (easy to walk anywhere), all the professors I've had so far have been decent, and the resources are pretty cool. Also, if you get a job with Housing & Food, they pay $9.25 an hour.

Andrew

Excellent value compared to other schools with professors that care and exceptional school spirit. Nice facilities and plenty of opportunities to get involved whether it is a club or fraternity/sorority. Comfortable dormitories if a bit cramped, perfectly serviceable.

The school is great, always investing in students and doing everything with their best interest in mind. The campus is extremely active and many events and activities are constantly taking place. The student body feels like a family, even with a large number of students who are enrolled here.

Chloe

The University of Oklahoma is a great place to continue your education. Not only is the campus beautiful, the overall atmosphere is one of community, learning, and fun! The courses I have taken have been engaging and have made me push myself to become a better student. The university also offers its students so many opportunities to be involved outside of the classroom, from homecoming parades and Greek life to book clubs and virtual reality contests. OU does a terrific job of connecting to its students and informing them of events through emails and social media.

Peter

The University of Oklahoma is a great place to go for college. There is always something to do and lots of interesting people to meet. However, the only thing flaw about going to OU is that the information about financial stuff is pretty vague and not much advice is given. It mostly do it yourself kinda deal which was both a good and a bad thing.

Mackenzie

The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus is beautiful, very well kept and looks classy. It shows the pride of being and Oklahoman and showing off the beautiful school colors. The university offers very diverse classes and extracurricular activities/clubs. The campus is very easy to navigate and very easy to learn to love. The class sizes are relatively a nice size but the teacher always provides enough officer hours if needed to individually help a student or discussion classes to break up the big sizes. Overall, the university is a wonderful school and I am proud to be a Sooner.

It’s a notch above okay for the most part. Really great education available if you work for it. Lots of lazy partyers too if that’s what you’re looking for. It’s your basic public university trying to seem fancier and better than the rest. Anyone can find what they’re looking for here, if they take the time to look. Great scholarships if you’re smart and need money, great frats if you’re rich and not so smart, etc.

The University has an amazing atmosphere that not only is encouraging but also comfortable that allows learning to occur and relationships to be formed. The students are friendly, the staff is helpful, and the campus is gorgeous and carries a legacy of academic excellence. Every time I am on campus I am always ready to yell Boomer Sooner!