Eugene, OR
University of Oregon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oregon

Andrew

Andrew, I want to start off by saying that you went to one of the best high schools in the state for preparing students for college. Jesuit in Portland helped you academically, emotionally, and physically. With that in mind, the first piece of advice I give to you is take the SAT seriously. Even though it may seem like an insignificant test, it represents your work ethic for consistently trying to work towards a long term goal. Once you have confidence in your work ethic, you can achieve anything Also, millions of dollars in scholarships and grants are given to people who do well on their SAT scores for another motivating factor. My second piece of advice is start writing down specific dream jobs as soon as possible. This way you can work towards them and know what it takes to get there. Be polite and persistent when you pursue these dreams because it is difficult to accomplish goals on the first try. You have a plethora of friends and family who will support you in every move you do. Make use of your connections! In the meantime, stay happy and always look to improve. Good luck!

If you're an outgoing person who likes to be involved on campus then this is a great school for you. If you also love quality food from every part of the world, then there are plenty of great options here and friends to go eat with. It is also a blast attending athletic games because our fans are nationally known as some of the best out there.

You will meet some of the most friendly and ambitious people around and our sports teams are some of the best in the entire nation. On top of that, the dorm food is very good and there are plenty of healthy options that are always available. It is easy to get involved in just about anything and everything on campus is within a 10 minute walking distance.

Caley

They're fun, diverse, interesting, and friendly. I've only met a few people that I didn't see myself getting along with or hanging out with outside of class.

Our sports, especially football.

I would tell my high school senior self to enjoy the time that I spent with my friends, since I wouldn't talk to them a lot after graduation, to finish high school with good grades, and to apply for a lot more scholarships so that I wouldn't have to take out as much money in loans.

Briahna

I think the hardest part about attending University of Oregon was how large it was. The class sizes can be very big and you may not have a chance to talk to a professor all semester. For this reason, I think it is important to be an independent learner in order to thrive at a large school like UO.

If I could talk to my high school self about college, I would be sure to encourage high school me to apply for scholarships and work hard in school. The most important thing I learned about applying for and attending college is that college is an investment, and if you make a smart investment, it will pay off. If you invest in yourself before attending college, you will be in a better position to receive scholarship funding and get into your school of choice. Another word of advice I would give to my high school self is to not be afraid to be alone. As a teenager it can be difficult to imagine leaving your friends and going somewhere where you do not know anyone. In college, I learned that pushing yourself out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow, and the only way to learn to face difficult situations.

The best thing about University of Oregon is the sense of community. Students who attend University of Oregon will be Duck fans for life!

Viekson

The best advice I would give to myself is, "What I do today, affects my tomorrows". Had I followed my advice, I would have not slacked off during my freshman year of high school. I had to dig myself out of an academic hole (2.1 freshman G.P.A to 3.4 graduating G.P.A.). I would have been able to earn more college and scholarship choices had I had my act together sooner. I take that experience to heart as I am now preparing to enter college.

Anyone who attends the University of Oregon should be open to a diverse environment where ideas and opinions are exchanged without malice towards opposing sides.

Kim

Everyone should attend this school! University of Oregon is great for everybody.

The diversity of people and cultures. The school is openly welcome to all races creeds, religions, etc. and in fact, encourages students to explore learning about people who may be considered different from themselves.

Be more confident and follow through with your dreams. Don't be afraid.

Khashayar

My classmmates were mostly busy with their own lives, and did not seem too interested in making friends outside of the ones they aready had. Also, I noticed that the majority of the students at my school were mostly White, with the exception of the athletes, who were mostly African American. My school also had a strong Greek presence, although I was never a part of this.

Like most state schools, my university has a very strong culture of partying on weekends, as well as weeknights. In addition, I often felt like my classmates were not taking their education seriously, while I was constantly studying and striving to succeed. This atmosphere made me sometimes feel like my education was worth almost nothing. I would have preferred to have a way of escaping from this atmosphere.

Shayna

I would tell her that your college years are the best years of your life, and not because of the parties; they are the best years of your life because you come to find your confidence and your strengths and weaknesses – you truly get to know yourself, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself evolving. I would explain to her that communication with your professors sounds intimidating, but is absolutely crucial in succeeding in college because they will gladly assist you if you are willing. I would tell her to not give up so easily and that even though she comes from a low income family, she has always been strong willed and should start taking initiative in applying for scholarships and grants like a mad woman right now, as opposed to relying on loans once college comes around. I would warn her against trying to find a boyfriend immediately, and instead focus on building genuine friendships – because that is what truly matters and is what will get you through hard times. I would hug her and tell her everything will be okay, because that is what she needed – to let go of insecurities and soar.

I wish that I had known how far a part everything is on campus, and to wear more comfortable shoes so I could plan my time better and not have to hurry from one classroom to the next in heels and have an asthma attack, like I did my first term. It is also wise to see if you can find classrooms that are more within reasonable distance, as opposed to picking out a class that is on the complete opposite end of the campus.

I consider the best thing to be about the University of Oregon, is the people and the diversity. Even with exams and finals draining you emotionally, everyone takes time to be pleasant to one another. We are a very welcoming school and love that there are people from other countries that are currently in attendance. There are judgmental people, of course, but for the most part everyone treats you like family.

Alyssa

I only seriously considered the University of Oregon. The reason I wanted to go there was because I wanted to major in Asian Studies and U of O's Asian Studies program was the oldest and largest in the nation.

Imagine that high school is a game of Monopoly. Whether you win or lose is decided on your tactical skills and little bit of luck from the dice. If you land on a bad square, things are hard for a round or two, but you can always rely on ‘Go’ to pull you up again, just as you can rely on your parents and teachers to help you when you fall. When high school ends, however, the game isn’t over.Instead, you move on to round two. There is no board. You are equipped with the knowledge you gained from round one, but the spaces that you became so familiar with are gone. You become your own ‘Go’ space. When the board is not there, and when there are no limitations, many people panic and begin to doubt themselves. My advice to you is to not fear the independence you will experience, but to embrace it. Yes, the game gets harder when the board is taken away, but use that opportunity to explore. Create your own rules. Have fun. But please avoid the ‘Go directly to jail’ card. You can’t get out of jail for free.

The parking situation was never a fun one. Parking spaces were few and far between, which was frustrating since I paid a lot for a parking permit.

Amber

Someone who is open to different kinds of people and opinions.

Someone who is open to different kinds of people and opinions.

If I could sit down with myself I would say, "You don't have to be a science major to be successful." I would say that just because you're the first to go to college in the family does not mean that you cannot pursue a humanities, social science or art major. I would tell myself not to be ashamed of wanting to major in something I am passionate about because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I would say that I can change lives in other ways than just medicine. I would make sure to tell myself that I have the power to change the world no matter what my major is and that being successful is not what will dictate my happiness. I will reassure myself about how smart I actually am as opposed to how smart I don't think I am. And lastly, I would say this: "You can be anything you want to be, but don't forget to have fun. College is the only time you will have to be a little selfish, but never use it as an excuse. Remain humble, stay selfless and.. good luck my friend."

University of Oregon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.