Eugene, OR
University of Oregon

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Oregon

My classmates are very energetic, passionate and mostly friendly but some seem to be a tad superficial and apathetic ; however, I have made friends for life at this school.

Dear high-school senior Brittany, there are so many things I want to tell you. I want to start off by saying: everything is going to be okay. I know you are absolutely terrified and sad about leaving your friends and family but you will grow into such a stronger person. I want to tell you that even though your self-esteem is the lowest anyone could imagine, you are beautiful. It is okay that you are frightened and completely confused about your life - please embrace the questions, mystery, and feeling of not knowing anything about your future because there is something so peaceful and beautiful about it. There will be times in college where you will want to give up because you feel so uncomfortable, alone, homesick, and confused but I am here to tell you this: God is walking right beside you. Brittany, listen to me, and I mean really listen: Don't let your fears, doubts, and insecurities control your life for one more second – you are too valued to waste away. No matter how bogged down you feel by other people's expectations, do this for you: you have a voice and you are worthy.

At first, I wasn't sure I like it here but now I really enjoy it because there is always something going on and the majority of professors that I have encountered really do care about the students and are extremely passionate about their field of choice.

Tachina

The best thing at the University of Oregon is the positivity of the people on campus and the random events that follow. I love the days when it is sunny and there are random things going on in the amphiteatre. Sometimes there is music, sometimes there are large groups of children, and sometimes there are flash mobs. I acutally feel like a student, not just another person.

I would say the kind of people who should attend this school are the people who like racial diversity and have school spirit. People at this school are usually pretty open about their views. The person who will attend the school needs to remember that it is a liberal arts college. Put an emphasis on the liberal. The kind of people who should attend this school are those who are not only looking for a good academic program, but someone who is also looking for social interaction.

I would say so much to my highschool senior self. The very first is that working on yourself will help you succeed not in academics but also in social situations. I would also tell myself that it would be difficult to make friends but I would be able too, with hard work and dedication. I would want to tell myself to not let my problems with anxiety get in the way of anything. I would say that most of college homework is reading. Reading would be a very important thing to keep up on because falling behind in reading makes classes difficult. The last thing I would tell myself to be happy because that is what matters the most!

Clarissa

There are different groups of people that I know personally in my classes. I have met funny people who enjoy joking around and having a good laugh. There are the more serious students who keep their studies as their main priority. There are the ones who keep busy and are very social orientated and love their crazy schedules. There are the more athletic students who either participate in them or are avid fans and watch every game. Then of course there are the more creative students who either play music or are fantastic artists.

The UO is a larger school with much to offer, but if you are the type of person who learns better in smaller classes or enjoys knowing more of the people you pass on campus throughout the day, I would not suggest attending the UO. For those who want to live in the warm sunshine would also frown upon the idea of more precipitation throughout the school year. The UO is a largely populated school, which means that it takes some adjusting for those who come from small towns. I know people who would not excel in such an environment.

Conor

The University of Oregon is a large school full of many students from many backgrounds, with some superb academic programs, highly praised athletics, and feel of community that you won't find at other schools.

College is a wonderful change from high school, and you will make excellent memories and close friends, but there are several things you should know in order for this to go as well as it can. The most importat advice I can give you is to find a balance Firstly, balance fun and school carefully and precisely. It is very easy to let your grade slips with endless opportunities to go out all enticing you to do so. Yet, don't overstress yourself with too heavy of a class load or you will find yourself in an unhappy predicament. Secondly, get involved with a student group. It's the quickest way to make friends and bond over doing the things you have in common. Don't, however, overcommit yourself to these groups. You need to get a better understanding of your limits before you stretch them. Lastly, It is absolutely okay for you to not know what you should be doing, no one is asking you to, so don't feel pressured to. Your entire life is still in front of you. Don't sweat the small stuff, do what you love, and the rest will fall into place.

For me, the many programs that provide LGBTQ students opportunity to have a safe place to be themselves and flourish on campus are what I consider best about the school.

Taryn

I am meeting classmates from all over the country especially California where they have sunshine and we have liquid sunshine where you need a good pair of waterproof shoes.

I would tell my high school self, YES, it could happen to you . As of right now I'm going through a huge change. I was sexually assaulted a week ago; I'm trying every day to get through it. I realized that when it happened I didn't want to become another statistic that doesn't report or talk about it. I have shared it with a few close people in my life and my family. They have all been there to support me, except my boyfriend. I have now realized that he doesn't care about me like I thought he did. I've learned that in order to realize who really cares about me and wants me to become a better person after traumatic experiences, is the people that are right by my side the entire way. I plan on going to counseling and get tests done to make sure I'm 100% safe. It's already been a week and I'm starting to realize I can't dwell on this forever; I need to gain back my strength and confidence and improve my life every day.

U of O has fantastice tailgating that is the pre -event to the award winning Football team. The campus is modern and has a strong sense of community.

Lucas

My classmates are intelligent and engaging, and share a common interest in the study that I am focused on.

The largest piece of advice I would give myself in high school would be to be very confident in who you are and to put yourself out there a little bit. Be ambitious when meeting people and remember to stay focused on school, but always make time to have fun and enjoy the college experience. Dont be afraid to meet people, and try to become involved in various school related extracurriculars, like clubs.

How weird the transition from high school and living at home to college and living away would be. Also I wish I had known how expensive textbooks would become and how often I would actually use them.

AYELE

I would tell myself not to be so serious and that it is fine to make mistakes. When you make a mistake pick yourself up and move forward. You will exprience college life and it will be the best time of your life. Go out and win.

A person who does not have an open mind and who is not ready to learn more about themseleves and other people

Morghan

If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I would tell myself to enjoy those days because they go by faster than you think. Once you get into college you get a taste of what the real world will look like. You aren't treated like a little kid in school anymore and your teachers dont tell you when assignments are due. It is up to you to figure it out. I would tell myself to stay on top of the studies and apply for tons of scholarships! College surely isn't cheap and every penny you can earn adds up and will help. The I would probably tell myself to just have fun don't worry about graduating because college becomes the best four years of your life.

University of Oregon administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.