University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Definitely a lot of social activism on campus. Some is a bit outrageous, but for the most part people are respectful. One time, there was a religious movement protesting abortion and they showed dead fetuses and connected the brutality to the Holocaust. I thought that was extremely ignorant and full of misrepresentation. I have met so many different people since coming here, I feel like it has affected me positively. I enjoy diversity and I feel like UO has some, but could be better. On the other hand, I think you can find it if you really want to. Most students tend to be from Portland area, or Eugene.

Least diverse campus in the nation, enough said. Religion exists at the U of O? Gays are welcomed adored and loved in the Euge. no one can really tell who's rich and who's just a drunk or a hippie until they get in their car. A conservative. Most students are from Oregon (mainly Portland and Southern Oregon). Mostly upper-middle class students. Students are very politically aware and sometimes active (there were riots here and there is an anarchist group that blows up car dealerships here). Predominately indifferent or liberal. No, never.

There are different groups of people that I know personally in my classes. I have met funny people who enjoy joking around and having a good laugh. There are the more serious students who keep their studies as their main priority. There are the ones who keep busy and are very social orientated and love their crazy schedules. There are the more athletic students who either participate in them or are avid fans and watch every game. Then of course there are the more creative students who either play music or are fantastic artists.

Lot's of diversity and tolerance here at UO! Basically a group or club for anybody with any interest. Ranging from more traditional interests like College Democrats or Republicans, or Christian groups, to more liberal or eccentric groups like LGBT and PETA. There's something for everyone! Not a lot of racial diversity, but state universities usually reflect the population of the state their located in, and Oregon is mostly Caucasion. However, we represent students from all 50 states and internationally!

They are all pretty rich, and they get what they want most of the time. A lot of them try as hard as they can to get good grades, but there are a lot who don't really care. Some of the athletes just tend to ride on their athletic scholarship, and they dont really care what their grades are. There are also a lot of asians, and they take up a big portion of the population. There are also a lot of people who are involved with the greek system. But most of them are really nice.

The University of Oregon is great because there is diversity among the students. I am from Hawaii and I am used to growing up with a mixture of ethnicities. I was pleased to find that there are many races and ethnicities among the students at the U of O. I have met some really interesting people from all over the world. I love that I live in a multicultural hall because it is fun to learn about different cultures and places.

Anything goes here at UO. In any given class a dread locked hippy maybe seated next to the most uptight designer sorority girl, and both can be engaged in deep intellectual conversations. About half of the students seem to be from instate, with the others coming from all over the nation, but mostly western states. Students are very politically active and aware, predominantly liberal.

My classmmates were mostly busy with their own lives, and did not seem too interested in making friends outside of the ones they aready had. Also, I noticed that the majority of the students at my school were mostly White, with the exception of the athletes, who were mostly African American. My school also had a strong Greek presence, although I was never a part of this.

Corn fed hicks who can't get into a real dance school. Mostly women in the dance department, so very catty. The undergrads have no classroom etiquette* because they've never danced before, and the grads are so miserable they just can't wait to get out of the program, and the town. * Classroom etiquette, especially in dance, also includes deodorant.

I can't think of anyone who would be out of place at the UO. It's pretty diverse. Most students dress casually, but some dress to impress. Some people wear sweats. It's legal to go topless in Eugene, and I've seen a couple people do that as well. I think UO students generally lean to the left politically, but there are exceptions.