University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Really, the South Park episode where Cartman tries to exterminate all hippies, that's how I feel about Eugene and UO. I enjoyed my experience there, and made good friends, but it sucked knowing that if I wasn't in perfect lock step with the hippie party line, I was a terrible baby raping murderer. So I like to eat meat; forgive me. So I go to church and believe in Jesus Christ; my bad. So I watch NASCAR; oops. Really people, you preach tolerance and are more intolerant than the racist pigs I left from the south. Please join the voluntary human extinction movement and off yourselves. Ohh yeah, the voluntary human extinction movement has an annual booth at a conference here, because humans are raping the earth so much we need to not reproduce anymore. How about you all just save the real humans and kill yourselves. Hippies.

Marylhurst University is a personal interactive experience. The faculty genuinely cares about your goals and aspirations. I was merely looking for information when I inquired at the campus; within minutes I was meeting with the departmant chairperson. He took the time to explain the steps necesary for me to obtain my teaching certification and masters degree. Once I enrolled and was accepted to the program all of the instructors afforded me the same personal and sincere attention. The campus is small and located in a very peacful setting. I would highly recommend Marylhurst to anyone.

If you're considering UO, I would definitely schedule a visit. This happened to be the only school I applied to my senior year of high school, but I lucked out. As much as I love Eugene, it's definitely not for everyone. But if you can tolerate Pacific Northwest weather, chances are you'll be just fine! Also, if you want to live off campus and go here, make sure you work out your transportation in advance. Parking is horrible on campus, so a lot of students ride the bus or ride bicycles. Riding the bus is always free, since student IDs count for bus passes.

Not only do the students as well as staff have great school spirit, everyone is very welcoming, understanding and helpful to one another. We have a college community that cares for the environment, we pparticipate in recycling, using less electricity as possible as well as water. It is in the schools interest to promote a unified, peaceful and safe community amongst the students and staff. Education is very important as well, even though socializing with other people is good for new students, it is best to keep inmind the academic part of college. GO DUCKS!

In terms of U of Oregon, what made it unique is the people in the city of Eugene. They are realatively open minded and liberal. The campus and its surroundings are very natural (scenic) and, clean and spirited. Students also have a lot of pride in the school. Howard University is more homogenous on the main campus (African American) but in the dental school it is very diverse and multicultural. The area is not the safest and it concerns me at times but I love the students in the dental school and I have had a good experience.

At University of Oregon the people there are unique in a way that makes Eugene the great place it is. You will find mostly hippies, and really laied back people, but at the same time they are all very inteligent, as well as very motivated when it comes to there future goals as well as dreams. University of Oregon is in the top greenest schools in the United States, so being liberal seems to go hand and hand with that, and for me I came from a very concretive family so it helped shape me into a very rounded individual.

The University or Oregon is a highly prestigious school and happens to bw practicaly in my back yard. The many student activitied and programs offered make being both a mom and a full- time student a little easier. As a transfer student I was anxious about starting classes some where new. My first day of class set me at ease and turned my nervous anxiety into anticipation of what's to come.

It allows students to have all of the resources and oppourtounities without losing benefits of a small school. There are 16,000 undergrad yet on campus everyone runs into people they know and I have never felt lost or overwhelmed on campus. It also is not too far from a major city (portland) but also has a great deal of outdoor activities at students fingertips.

The University of Oregon is unique because you could sit in the same place at the same time everyday and meet a new person who has had totally different and unique life experiences than the person you met the day before. It's very likely that if you did this for the whole school year, you'd never meet the "same person" twice.

It's got its split right down the middle of mainstream and alternative. There's hardly an in-between. There are weekly demonstrations, protests awareness marches. The coolest thing is that everyone intermingles: Activists date athletes and such. But everyone in Eugene, Oregon seems to have a cause - it's a pretty cool thing.