University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Like any larger university, lower division classes are usually larger because students need to take general education classes. But once you begin your major upper division classes the sizes are great. My classes are largest at 40 students, but mostly less. Even the most popular majors have classes smaller then 60 students in the upper division courses. Professors are great most of the time!

Being from the business school, yes students are competitive, trying to keep ahead of the class average is definitely part of the fun. All of our classes encourage communication within the class, but I think my personal favorite class would be Management 335- Launching New Ventures with Sam Holloway. This class, is awesome, great atmosphere and you are guaranteed to learn a ton!

My professors know my name since the classes are not too huge (like freshmen classes). Here at the UO students study since week one. I can see that the library is always busy. The most unique class that I have taken is MGMT 321 which is Operations Management because the teacher is very good at explaining the material. Sometimes I do go to the teacher's office hours.

I think it depends on the size of the class (under 30, yes...otherwise only if you are that annoying bitch who asks the dumbest question of the day every day). Honestly, yes and quite a lot. Not really. Butterfly catching. I'm an undeclared junior (hells yeah). Once, awkward... They're tight by me. learning for learning's sake.

Most of my profs dont know my name. Favorite class: wilderness survival, awesome. I dont feel prepared to go get a job after this.least favorite: Humanities 103. Students are not competitive. The Bio department is awesome. They have a strong core of profs and good GTFs and BPTs. The academic requirements seem reasonable.

Some of my professors know my name. I think once you get into upper division work you know your professors pretty well, but in huge introductory lecture classes you are pretty anonymous. My favorite class is Biblical Hebrew. My least favorite classes were anything to do with business.

As for the academic side of the University of Oregon, I am very pleased with what I have experienced thus far; the professors have gotten to know me on a first-name basis, there is a lot of class participation and student interaction, and the facilities are great for studying.

Classes are good. Registering is frustrating, you really have to lobby for your education and not give up if they tell you "you don't have the right prereqs, the class is full..etc etc." Urban Farm is probably the best fun class you can take.

The academics are a little intimidating but fun all the same. I didn't expect it to be such an inviting place to learn. The professors want to get to know you and help you, which is not what I expected at all. Its a pleasant experience.

In WGS and Spanish and the Honors College most of my profs know my name, but regular UO classes that have upwards of 100 kids wouldn't if I didn't go to office hours and harrass them into knowing me :).