University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

There is not a whole lot to do on a Saturday night if you're not drinking. It can be very difficult to find a party if you're not in the Greek system.

Greek life has the most student participation. There is also a big sports culture.

The athletes and the sorority and fraternity groups are the most popular.

Beer is good for the soul. I hate hippies.

There's always something to do.

The two most talked about groups on campus are the sports groups (football and basketball) and the A Cappella group (On the Rocks). Our athletics are very popular, football being the most popular. On the Rocks play every Friday at 5 at The Fish Bowl, a building at University of Oregon. At the time I am not involved in any groups, however a few of my friends meet every Friday at 4:30 to catch up with each other. The friends I meet with are not those I consider to be my closest friends, however, they are friends who I enjoy to spend my time with. The ones I consider to my my closest friends, when it comes to University of Oregon, are the small group of three from my Dorm. If you live in the dorms, there is a small cafe that is open until 3am. This was a very popular place to go late at night and very early in the morning. Partying happens every weekend, Friday night and Saturday night. Although I do not go to the parties, I hear people laughing and talking quite loudly outside of my apartment. I live off campus and eat out almost every day. The campus town mainly has places to eat, but if you are looking for something outside of the campus town, there is shuttle that you can take, which is free for students.

The most popular activities are sporting events, exploring the nature of Eugene and Greek life.

Intramural sports. Clubs on campus.