University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

Eugene is a spectacular place to live. The heart of the city is the University of Oregon. The college encourages students to pursue any academic and recreational opportunities. In particular it is noted for its activist political endeavors, alternative lifestyles, recreational opportunities, and amazing natural beauty mixed into the old and new buildings that sprinkle the campus. This beauty is not limited to campus. Eugene brings together a wide variety of outdoor activities of a small town with all the amenities of a big city. There is hiking, canoeing, bicycling, inner tubing, rafting, and many recreational parks throughout the town.

Inside the University of Oregon I attend the Robert D. Clark Honors College (CHC). The CHC provides small classes, indepth discussion and a way out of the usual freshman requirements. I have the oppostunity to work one on one with amazing tenured Professors that even my friends in private schools are not experiencing as freshman. The University as a whole also provides an amazing aray of community programs, everything from lectures to concerts to impromptu soccer games. In both academics and extracurriculars the University of Oregon provides me with the big school events and the small school networking.

I think that the UofO has as many people that believe themselves educated as it does people who truly are. Oregon has a way of growing on you, and UofO is like any other school wherein it has teachers who are helpful, teachers who aren't and teachers who are in-between. All the teachers use a range of techniques differ beween majors, rather than classes. It has groups of students, but the student population does mix pretty well, though, regardless of the "group" you are in. I have friends in almost every group, myself, regardless of our belief differences.

I would say that the campus here is one of the most beautiful in the country. Nestled in the Willamette Valley, one can look in any direction and see mountains. Many of my friends are constantly overwhelmed with the plethora of trees and lush colors all around. Even now when the leaves are floating from the branches the oranges, reds, and browns are vibrant and inspire awe. During the spring the trees will be every hue of green and, my personal favorites, the red, pink, and purple leaved trees will thrive and give bright contrast to bright blue skies above.

I tell my friends that the University of Oregon is a nice place if you are the type of an outdoor person. It rains like people had said before a lot, feeling the breeze is the most amazing thing. On the other side the sport are very cool because dedicated atletics work so hard when they are preparing for an event (or game) coming up. In addition I tell the opportunites they have when choosing courses they have a varitey to choose from especially if they want to explore other things. The enviornment is nice and wonderful place.

When I tell my friends about my school the first thing I talk about is the friendly atmosphere on campus. When walking to classes or going to office hours for a class both students and faculty are regularly greeting you with a happy smile and hello. The one thing I love about my school is everyone wants you to be successful and are there for you to support you in any endeavor you take. During my time at school, I have built a successful network of relationships that I will cherish for life.

The first thing that I brag about is University of Oregon's high acedemic profile. Both our business and economics program have been rated in the top 100 programs in the world. We are increasing our requirments to get in making it more of an acedimically focused learning enviroment. The Business school has a very nice facility that was recently built and is quite impressive. It makes you feel like you are actually doing something for your future when things are that professional.

The school spirit! Every one at this school is always supportive of the DUCKS! We love our ducks! I love how festive it always is around here. I also brag about the variety of classes offered! I came into college undiclared and was able to take such a range of classes in different areas and be exposed to so many different things. It is such a great environment to be in during the week and the weekend and i love being in and around campus!

When I brag about the University of Oregon I brag about the Ethnic Studies department. The professors and students in the major and minor truly and deeply care about you academic career and personal health. I would never have rated the UO as high as I did had I not been an Ethnic Studies major. The quality of people were amazing and the information we learned is very important no matter what career you go into.

I loved the atmosphere in Eugene. The people. The mindframe. It's a liberal school with a keen intrest for bettering the world through sustainability and new thought processes. I graduated this summer from UO's Journalism school that is increadibly prestigious for a state school, and I was taught by professors that were very experienced in the feild. I'm proud of my education, and I have pride for the Ducks!