University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

The worst thing about my school is the environment it is in, especially the weather. It rains a lot and having all the rain can be very depressing. Along with the depressing weather the dorms are not the nicests and they can be very small. It is hard going from living in a big house to a tiny room that feels like a closet. The worst thing about my school is the size of the dorms.

The worst thing about my school would have to be along the lines of perhaps scheduling and obtaining the classes you would like. This is simply because the oldest get to pick first because they need classes to complete their major requirements. Class availability would probably be the term to use here. It is not all that bad however, I moderately still get the classes I need.

I would have to say that the worst thing I've experienced here would be having to deal with the financial aid office because they are unorganized and have made my situation worse than it should be. They don't service the students or help them unless you pry it out of them and I don't think that is productive for either the university or the students.

The worst thing about the University of Oregon is the lack of career focused degrees. Outside of Business Administration and Pre-Law, the undergraduate degrees are very generalized liberal arts degrees. Many students that love the campus and facilaties choose other schools over the University of Oregon because of the lack of pre career degrees.

Some of the older buildings have poor heating and cooling. The buildings are beautiful but need to be updated. On the otherhand, the newer buildings (library, law school, business school and upgraded science buildings) are amazing. The architacture school of University of Oregon has done some amazing work.

I think the hardest part about attending University of Oregon was how large it was. The class sizes can be very big and you may not have a chance to talk to a professor all semester. For this reason, I think it is important to be an independent learner in order to thrive at a large school like UO.

The worst thing would be the ethnic conflicts at the school. Many minority students are such a small minority they feel that they have to go over the top to get their voice heard. This creates a tense and unwelcoming enviornment. Steps are being taken and the situation is improving.

The worst thing about the University of Oregon is that I feel like a lot of the professors that teach 100 level classes and upper division classes treat their lower division classes as if they are thee upper division which is not fair to the students at all.

The worst thing about this school is the dorm situation. Most of the dorms are either old and uncomfortable, or new/remodeled and nice. This year some of the freshman class had to live in apartment complexes right away, and have to take a bus to campus.

Currently the worst part about my school is the construction underway for a new building. Though the school requires a new builiding for the abundant student population, the construction is often quite loud and causes a distraction for the student body.