University of Oregon Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Ellen

White hippies, racist, pretentious primadonnas (faculty and students alike). Talentless.

Bob

Everyone's a damn hippie. But, they're the most intolerant kind of hippie. Dare to disagree with the most PC view, and you're shot down. How dare someone be a republican. We know what's best for the world. Kumbayah.

A green, organic and environment-conscious community.

Reese

All students are liberal hippies.

That we're hippies, and all politically active.

Hippy, highly political, motivated, compassionate about global issues

there is a sterotype of a "hippie" campus and hippie students. I would say that Eugene is definitely hippie as well as the activist students on campus, but the general student population doesnt seem that hippie...or maybe im just used to it.

Ali

That we are all tree-hugging, weed-smoking hippies completely obsessed with the environment and recycling. Also, that Phil Knight gives us everything sports wise and that it never stop raining during the school year.

The common stereotypes are that we are a bunch of liberals- taught by a another bunch of liberals- who smoke a lot of pot, protest a lot of stuff, enjoy the outdoors, love tie-dye and Birkenstocks, and that UO is a quality public institution of higher learning.

HIPPIES!!! And that the girls really aren't very cute. Also, the fact that it rains like none other so it sucks here at UO.

Growing up closer to OSU rather than UO, my family always refered to UO as the "hippy school"

That UO is a hippie school in a very liberal city. That UO is a major party school where everyone smokes pot.

People seem to think that the University of Oregon is full of dope smoking barefooted long hairs eating organic granola.

Toby

Weed is everywhere in Eugene.

Jeff

Many people think that UO is primarily hippies and liberals. They may be right...

Josey

hippies

Lee

Everyone smokes pot and no one goes to class.

I don't know about the UO specifically, but I Eugene is definitely stereotyped as a hippie town.

Jack

It seems like at first glance you only run in to hippies of frat guys/sorority girls. It takes a little more looking, but then you find some people more in the middle.

Basically that everyone is a very liberal hippee.

Michele

I have heard we are vegan hippies, and also that UO is the best school in Oregon academically under Oregon Health and Science University.