University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

I wish that I had known how far a part everything is on campus, and to wear more comfortable shoes so I could plan my time better and not have to hurry from one classroom to the next in heels and have an asthma attack, like I did my first term. It is also wise to see if you can find classrooms that are more within reasonable distance, as opposed to picking out a class that is on the complete opposite end of the campus.

Don't let past academic failures or experiences determine your future. Your actions today determine the future, not your past. During high school, i feared what the future held for me. I had no idea what college I was going to attend or what I even wanted to do. I continually let my future become a prisoner of my past academic experiences. Now I know that my actions today are the greatest determinant of my future.

Before moving into the dorms and starting my new life as a university student I wish I had known to relax a little. Being nervous, insecure, and keeping to yourself is no way to make friends. And by all means, friends are important, especially in a new environment. Not to mention it's a lot more fun discovering campus with someone by your side who is discovering it for the first time too.

I wish that I had known that i was going to have as much free time as I have now. I also wish I knew that college tests are worth a lot more of your grade than high school tests. Another thing that would have been good to know is that you do not always get the classes you want. The thing I wish I knew before I came to college is how to manage my free time better to do better on tests.

I wish that I knew the pros and cons of the city more because it would have been a large impact on which college to attend. Also, I wish I could have seen what the student body was like and the clubs and organizations before I applied because I would have liked to know what I could've joined before the term started and things got too busy.

Which majors need to apply to a 'school' before getting their BA/BS. Why do those majors need to apply to different 'schools' when they were already accepted by the UO. What the Degree Audit looked like - each major has their requirements listed online, but the school has general requirements that must be filled as well.

I wish someone had told me that it is not as hard as people make it out to be. I was always told that I was going to die my freshman year, especially with two majors. However, it really has not been all that difficult, and I still have plenty of free time while taking on average 20 credits a term.

How hard freshmen year was going to be. It is really lonely and hard to adjust to such a new setting. Some of the dormeries are very large and it is hard ot get to know people. Students should join the small groups available for study to try and make new friends.

I wish I had known what a HUGE deal getting those AP credits in High School would be. Fortunately I got them anyway and was able to graduate a year and a half early. Get all the AP and college-for-credit-now credits that you can get!

I was pleased with my experience at the U of O. I lived in Eugene so I was very familiar with the University of Oregon. I wish I would have been a little bit more serious about grades when I was a undergraduate.