University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

How weird the transition from high school and living at home to college and living away would be. Also I wish I had known how expensive textbooks would become and how often I would actually use them.

I wish I had know how demanding some of the workloads from some classes were. I feel I could have performed better in my classes if I had been prepared for how much was needed from me to do well.

Before coming to the UO, I wish I'd known what the quality of the dorms was like. If anything, I believe the UO needs to put more money toward new dorms and less toward new sports equipment.

As a new student, you can only register after one of the new student orientations. Having a bike is very convenient. If you are looking for a cheap off campus apartment, start very early.

I wish I had known about sites that other students rate professors on. It's good to know what your peers think of your instructors before you decide you want to take a class from them.

I wish I knew how hard upper division classes were. They require you to study non-stop. If you don't study you won't pass. You must go to class & study. Be ready or be ready to fail!

The best way to meet people is to live in the dorms your first year. The other thing that I would have liked to know is more about the different clubs.

I wish I knew how much my parents have to scrifices just to accommodate for me and my education other than I am completely happy.

I wish I had known about the lack of interesting, unique people who attend and the lackluster surrounding area.

I wish I had known that my professors are people as well and an open door policy means the door really is open.