University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

University of Oregon encourages free thinking and liberal ideas. The professors and student teachers are open to all ideas and students feel comfortable stating their opinions. There is a great variety of classes, many departments are participating in cutting edge research, and many professors are well-established in their fields. Outside of academics. there are tons of concerts, cultural shows and social activites for all students to experience. There are always thing for students to do that aren't necessarily the "party scene", but there are also fun parties as well.

There are a lot of things that I love about my school, but I think that in my opinion the best thing is the overall acceptance of others. Everyone that I have met seems to be very friendly, outgoing, determined, and each individual has personality traits which I would deem as exceptional. There are such diverse personalities, yet individuals are so accepting of others that I feel like even when people differ substantially personality-wise, there is still a clear connection that one can hold with the other person, and people are able to get along.

What I really like about the University of Oregon is that there are so many interesting classes. The requirements require you to take two multicultural classes in order to graduate. At first I was unsure about taking Comparitive Literature (a multicultural class). But in the end I was really glad I took it because it was very interesting and it taught me how to look at literature as well as art in a whole new way. If it was not for the Universities requirement I probably never would have had that great experience.

The quality of the teachers and the way that they really care about their students and really want them to succeed. I also like that they have heritage classes for latino students which helps them use their language with other students of their same background as well as ineract with them. It helps me and I am sure as well as others to feel at home because you are surrounded that are going through the same situations as you are whether it be finacially, culturally, or even family wise.

This is a great school because everyone is so spirited about everything at the school. We were voted one of the loudest football stadiums in the country. This just makes it a lot more fun because it's a way to get everyone excited about the school. Academics at this school are great as well, we have nationally acclaimed business and journalism programs and the other programs are fantastic as well, especially in the liberal arts.

The best thing about the University of Oregon is the students' lack of judgement. I feel 100% comfortable in my own skin all of the time-- something that was not true for me in high school. No one cares if you wear make up to class, or what brand of jeans you have on, or if you wear baggy sweatpants everyday. People here really value each individual for who he is, and that is why I feel completely "at home" at my university.

The best thing about my school is that it has a lot of East Asian people. I'm extremely interested in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cultures and it gives me a chance to interact with them and experience some of their culture, when because of my financial standing I most likely won't get to visit all three places. I also have the chance to take Japanese and Korean which in Oregon is a rare opportunity to have at a university.

The school does a great job, providing assistance to people with learning disabilities, there is a great amount of excellent resources (teachers, TAs libraries, peer led tutoring, advising), teachers are well educated in using technology (blackboard, email, PowerPoints are widely used and very helpful). The campus is very clean and overall student and teacher moral is very high. Teachers are very accommodating.

I consider the best thing to be about the University of Oregon, is the people and the diversity. Even with exams and finals draining you emotionally, everyone takes time to be pleasant to one another. We are a very welcoming school and love that there are people from other countries that are currently in attendance. There are judgmental people, of course, but for the most part everyone treats you like family.

School Sprit. Everyone at my school loves being a Duck. We are proud to call ourselves ducks. When there is a football game or basketball game, or any kind of atheltic sport going on, we get behind our team and root for them. Oregon is a very well known school, and I can proudly tell people that I am a Duck.