University of Oregon Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Oregon

Amber

I love my school. Just like any large university if you want to find something, you will find it here. If you are searching for educational discussions and engaging opportunities, you have come to the right place. But, if you are searching for a school with a large football and greek life scene, you have also come to the right place.

Maxine

The University of Oregon provides every student no matter their background or circumstances a wonderful top notch education and experience. One of the best things about this school is that it is so diverse. People travel from all over the world to attend this college so you will definitely meet some great people and build relationships that will last a lifetime!

joanne

I love this school. I have always wanted to go to this school. I really hope that after high school, I will get accepted. I have visited this school about three or four times already and i am pretty confident that i want to go to this school.

Savannah

I believe University of Oregon is a great school to go to between their extensive school spirit, extracurriculars and the overall positive atmosphere you receive on campus. I couldn't imagine going to a University anywhere else. I've made some of the best experiences while I've been here and have met some of the greatest friends.

Krystal

My opinion of UO is that I genuinely feel that I belong here. It is such a friendly environment, everyone makes you feel accepted. There is so much support coming from everyone. The students are just as engaged in their academics as I am. Since setting foot on campus, I've felt that I need to be here. I have good vibes coming from being here, and it is starting to feel like home!

Jake

University of Oregon is a bright and bustling school filled with a diverse student population and countless opportunities to get involved. The school spirit is alive and well here and was one of the many qualities that initially first attracted me to this campus. And from frat/sorority life, LGBTQ activism, feminist movements, and minority programs, there is a place for everyone here. The academics here are broad and definitely very beneficial to us as students.

Olivia

I love the University of Oregon. It is a very accepting campus, where everyone is welcome. The professors' really care about learning, and are always willing to talk during office hours, even just chat, it doesn't have to be about class material. Our sports here are amazing, and the school spirit is electrifying.

isaiah

i like the sports medicine field and the academics

lynnae

My opinion about the University of Oregon is that it is a wonderful campus. There are so many activities and things that you could do. Also it is a fairly big campus but everyone is friendly there so if you feel lost, do not hesitate to ask someone where a building is located. All of the professors and faculty are amazing are very interested in the students well-being.

Alexandra

I can't wait to be a student and start my newest journey as a college student. University of Oregon will provide me with a great start on my career. Thanks to their wonderful educators and students, I cannot wait to be a part of the Ducks!

Andrea

My overall opinion of University of Oregon is that it is a great school. The environment is great and the people are even better. Living on campus means that you have access to many resources, whether it is food or books at the library. The best part of attending this university is that professors always make themselves available to the students, even if it is through email. Resources are available 24/7 and the students there are just as great.

Angel

I would love to attend here this is my dream school but its so far away from home i would be homesick

Alfonso

I enjoyed my first year at UO! Students in some form are typically active with a drive in academics. It takes about 10-12 minutes to get across campus. It has the feel of large campus with a big student body but the community friendliness of a small college campus.

Jewel

I love my university. It's a place I feel safe expressing my opinions and exploring who I am. The school is big, but easy to find people who you blend well with. Also, the EMU is a life saver for good food when you're sick of the dorms. The only downside is the rain, but if you come prepared then you'll be perfectly fine! I have met so many incredible friends and learned more here than I have my previous 18 years of school.

Hope

The University of Oregon from a personal standpoint is absolutely and nothing above average. Everything about this university completely misses the bar as far as any expectation goes. Classrooms are well kept while at the same time could use some renovating. Living on campus is completely overpriced and not worth it to say the least. Off campus housing however, is not only very reasonably priced but also a very nice and spacious place to live, I recommend it. As far as the academics goes it's overall a decent school. Professors take the time to help students and provide office hours and typically do their best to make subjects as entertaining as possible. As some students have experienced not every professor's teaching style matches the learning style of every student. However that is something to be experienced at any if not every institution in the nation. Overall, The University Of Oregon is decent school, but does not meet the bar of my personal expectations based on the cost of school.

Kirsti

I enjoyed the campus and the classes, but never really felt like I fit in because it is fairly cliquey... There are sorority gals and frat guys, activists and athletes, and potheads and partiers, and it can be hard to meet people if you don't live on campus for at least a year. That being said, I loved most of my classes and professors, and probably got along with them best.

Sydney

I have enjoyed my classes. Most of the classes are too large to have a personal connection with the professors, which can make obtaining references difficult. The campus is very clean and friendly. I feel very welcome at my school. Greek life is pretty important to the school, but I am not involved. We also have a lot of pride in our opinions and there are constantly tables setup on campus for students to talk to people with similar interests or to learn something new.

Ramona

Loved the environment and classes. The only problem was my advisor(s). It wasn't until my senior year that I actually had an advisor that really looked at my class schedule and offered advice.

katie

I didn't like it there, the culture is very much centered on greek life, football, and partying. Students are very clique-y, and engage in near-constant binge drinking. I only attended the school for the psychology program, which is rated very highly. However, I found that my professors, fellow students, and the general function of the classroom was typically far less educational and informative than the community college I had previously attended.

Caitlin

Oregon is an amazing place to go to school. I didn't initially plan on going to Oregon, but it happened to be the best choice when I was looking at schools. Oregon has everything and everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming.

Vikram

Loved it here. Great friendly people on campus. Faculty is committed to not just educating you but making you successful. Eugene is a great city and has more than just the college which is nice.

Grant

I began my attendance of the University of Oregon in the Fall of 2015. I had only visited the campus one previous time in the Spring of 2015, of course it was a beautiful spring day. It rained so much my first year... Anyways I came to the University of Oregon not knowing what to expect. On the first day of our Introduction I was instantly introduced to the openness and inclusivity of this great campus. We all went around and introduced ourselves using our pronouns in order to be inclusive and caring for everyone. That is something I had never done ever before and something talking with friends at other campuses did not do. My experience here was fantastic from going crazy at football games to spending late nights in the library working on group projects everyone here felt like one big community. The faculty and professors were some of the nicest people I had ever met. They were always willing to meet us where we were at and wanted us to succeed. They would be willing to put in the work if we were willing to put in the work. The classes were engaging and interesting and really covered such a wide variety of content. I found myself going into college narrow-minded and thinking one way but graduating 3.5 years later I can say I am a much more open-minded individual. I can see things from several different perspectives now and feel like I can contribute to society in a greater capacity. I applied to the University of Oregon as a back-up school but I was wrong to consider it a back-up school. Attending the university was one of the best decisions I had ever made. This coming fall I plan on attending their Master's Program in Prevention Science and hopefully one day a doctoral program. As all Ducks say, SCO DUCKS!

Sierra

This is a good school if you're an average student. Don't feel like you have to join Greek life because the Greek life is terrible and for safety reasons, avoid fraternity parties. The campus is beautiful thanks to Uncle Phil, there's plenty to do if you're outdoorsy and don't mind 9 months of rain, and students are pretty into football/basketball. This is a pretty easy school to get into so don't expect amazing education, but the Lundquist College of Business is fairly well-known and respected. I had a lot of fun and made friends I'll probably have for the rest of my life. I definitely do not regret going and still miss it sometimes.

Ryan

University of Oregon is a great school, but there are some of the things freshman should know. When you have to go to orientation (introducktion) go to the earliest one that you can. This way you can get some of your gen-ed things taken care of early. U of O faculty is usually very nice to students, the farther down the ladder you get. Those who work as janitors or or housing services are by far the nicest people. I have had difficulty speaking with people higher up, as I try to explain certain circumstances to them. It feels like U of O is all about the money. That is my biggest complaint. They don't try to help you, discuss options or any of that. You pay what you're supposed to pay and that's that. It's a great school, but I wish I didn't feel like they only want me here for the $26,000.

Karly Grace

I absolutely love my school. The teachers I have had are genuinely there to teach and are always available to help you. There is a little bit for everyone whether its the arts, partying, greek like, academics, sports or political activism. The dorms are quite varied, providing many options for students living on campus, whether they prefer a dorm right in the middle or everything, or something quieter and towards the edge of campus.

University of Oregon has everything that you would want for a 4-year college experience. Students at the school are full of school spirit, and Eugene takes pride in having the University of Oregon in their town; hence the Duck logos and banners on every corner near the school. Football games at the Autzen stadium are games you never forget. With the school spirit, students and faculty are super spirited and support their fellow football players by attending every game. The school is huge, but so beautiful; the buildings are so unique from each other and every department looks different. There is a scene for everyone at the school. Interested in Sorority or Fraternity life? They have plenty of that, 12% of students join greek life with 23 different sororities and fraternities to rush for. If that isn't something you're interested in, there are an abundance of clubs you can join and sports and activities. The plus side of going to school in Oregon is that there are so many outdoor activities like hiking, backpacking, river rafting, rock climbing, water sports, snow sports, and so much more! The University of Oregon will give you the full college experience, from sports, greek life, school spirit, and a loving community. Everyone at the school from students to staff are always so extremely nice and the town of Eugene is full of the same types of people.

madison

The University of Oregon is an excellent school. I am from Arizona yet I have never felt more at home being so far away. The academics challenge you and set you up for a successful future. There are many opportunities to grow as a person here and I believe this school sets students up to be something bigger than themselves.

Cassandra

I just finished my first quarter at the U of O, and I could not be happier with my decision to attend this university. There has not been one moment where I have found myself feeling lonely, bored, or in an unfamiliar area. Since day one I have felt at home and completely satisfied with my academics and friendships.

After a year of residing in a different city and community, University of Oregon still continues to challenge my perspectives and encourage me to have new experiences each day. For example, during this past week and the political whirlwind, I have never felt that I have belonged anywhere so strongly. I've received at least three emails from separate parts of campus (that I am a part of), all with universal and unbiased messages of hope, strength and the celebration of diversity. In addition, I've been brought to care more dearly about these social issues and those truly affecting the diverse peoples, I've met, befriended, worked with and learned from. These qualities have shaped the positive opinion and rating towards University of Oregon.

Paloma

I absolutely love the UO here is no other place id rather be. The campus is beautiful its never a "cloudy day" in Eugene. It is so easy to get involved and meet others. If you're into sports or any kind of athletics the UO is the place to be! The classes are all amazing and every advisor is actually here for you.

Zophie

Oregon is an amazing school. It has everything that I want in a school. Academics, social life, outdoor activities, sports and is close enough to home that I can go home to do laundry. The campus is beautiful and in the heart of Eugene, so it is easy to access anything the city has to offer.

tristen

I have visited Oregon a couple of times now and I plan on attending the school this upcoming Fall. I absolutely love the campus it is breathtaking and so stunning to look at. I enjoy the helpfulness and the kindness from the ambassadors of UofO they were very explanatory and answered the questions thoroughly! I can't wait to be a future duck!

Mecca

Choosing the University of Oregon for my higher education institution that was one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I absolutely love everything here from the weather, to the campus and immediate community culture, to the entertainment and sporting events. I am thriving as a student here because the administration and faculty is so supportive and encouraging. They make themselves easily accessible to students. I love the family culture here. The UO community really commits to ensuring the success of the students and the campus culture as a whole. Students do not get lost during their academic experience at the University of Oregon. I’m thriving and happy to have made this for my home away from home.

Brandon

I love it here. I'm from Colorado and I thought it'd be hard to find a place that is close to being as beautiful, but it is here in Oregon. The university is everything and it seems like every person or business you associate with is a huge Ducks fan. Theres a social circle for everyone and if you don't feel like being in a circle, there's no pressure to be. I don't party often, but sometimes I do and I never feel pressured that I need to be. I love my apartment off campus and I love the walk to campus. I've never had an absurdly horrible professor. I wish I could find a complaint, but the worst thing I can think of is that our football team went 4-8 last year. They're only going to get better though! The athletics are insane, by the way. If you want school spirit, there's seriously no better school.

Noah

UO is a great university in a great Oregon town. This is a great school if you want a college experience in a medium-sized town. People are friendly, campus is beautiful, and there is always something fun to do. There are always parties, rallies, events, meetings, or sporting events to take a break from the studying.

Katherine

First-term as a freshman, I was a little unsure of my place on the University of Oregon campus. The University Of Oregon really prides itself on its community, but for a while, I felt a little lost. Second-term though, I took more opportunities on campus and suddenly everything was better. If you're into a community-driven, energy-packed, rigorously academic school with plenty of opportunities to try new things, I would definitely recommend.

Olivia

Oregon is everything I wanted in a college. We have a community of students who help each other and everyone who lives in Eugene supports the school and the football team. I love my sorority sisters and Im excited to all the opportunities I will have to be involved in greek life. My roommate is super sweet. I am dyslexic so i have a counsellor who helps me with all my problems and I am also in the TRIO program which is amazing and will also help me. Oregon is one of only a few schools that has my specific scholarship.

Taysha

It's a great school, especially if one wants to have the experience of college life. There is always an opportunity to join different groups on campus and you will find friends. Life here is fun. The first time you set foot on campus or apply you are immediately put into situations where you have the chance to meet other students and the faculty. They do their best to get you involved. Also we're pretty well known

Erika

Coming from a very rural town and being a first generation college graduate, the University of Oregon felt so big and diverse I was extremely intimidated. But as the months went by I began to feel apart of this huge and inclusive community that offers incredible education and outreach opportunities in the science community especially. The reason why I am so enthusiastic about Oregon is because it makes me not only want to improve myself and my education but also to be aware of the environment and the people in my community.

Brooke

I have some problems with the UO, but I do like the university. I'm in the architecture program and I feel like I am receiving a great education. I adore my professors and classes and I look forward to class every day. While the education is great, I can't say the same about other parts of the UO. I have some complaints about the cleanliness, atmosphere, and pricing. The dorms are gross on campus. The janitors work hard to clean up the messes students leave for them, which shows more about the characters of people attending the university than the quality of janitors. The bathrooms are nasty and you MUST wear flip flops in the shower. Weed is a big problem in my hall and everything smells like skunk. The atmosphere can be a bit off-putting on campus too. It's a very progressive campus, often too progressive, making things uncomfortable and awkward for students. Lastly, the UO is expensive. It's a great education, but I don't need to be sitting on yellow Farrier leather in the Jaqua academic center to learn. Frivolous spending makes me have a bad opinion of the UO.

C. Colin

Being the flagship research university in the state, the University of Oregon has a lot of expectations to live up to. The university, or UO as we Ducks lovingly refer to it, handles those expectations in spades. While academically rigorous, the atmosphere is generally laid back, as one might expect from a somewhat sleepy college town in Oregon. But it all works together to foster a vibe that not only encourages student excellence, but also healthy lifestyles, community engagement, and of course fun times. Oh, did I mention we're home to the Oregon Ducks? I don't know if you've heard, but we're kind of a big deal! School pride is deep at UO, and when I say we bleed green, I mean it. But why wouldn't we be proud? We are members of an amazing community, on an amazing campus with top faculty, facilities and resources. We're in the middle of beautiful Oregon and always just a short drive from some of the most breathtaking outdoor experiences one could ask for. We're also just a couple of hours away from Portland, and while I don't think the dream of the 90's is still alive there, it's still a pretty fun place to get away to for a weekend. All in all, UO has so much to offer in terms of education and life experience, I think it'd be a shame for anyone to miss out. I might be biased though. Oh yeah, Go Ducks!

Yvonne

I really enjoy and love the University of Oregon. Growing up two of my older sisters went to the University of Oregon. They always talked about how much fun it was and how great of a school it was. All their stories created this image and feeling of the school that I wanted to have and experience. That feeling and image I had is 100% correct. Since being enrolled my expectations have not only been met but exceeded. I absolutely love this school.

Walter

I think that it is a great school, but it could use some improvements. If I could make improvements it would be in the cafeterias, and an upgrade in housing. I would love to see an on campus movie theater for students and Uber should be allowed in the city of Eugene. But, overall, I'm very satisfied.

alex

The UofO is a huge school, so it's quite dependant on which program you choose. I'm a part of the College of Design school as a product design major and I'm loving it. I was an art major for 2 quarters (acceptance is once a year) and wasn't jazzed, but I was still able to work toward a B.S. in product design. Product design at the school rides a nice line between the A type personality of the architecture students and the slacking ambiguous art students. I don't see how going to UofO, or any 4 year university for that matter, would be a good idea unless you have a clear sense of where you want to go with a particular major. If you don't have a solid plan and a will to strive for it don't go here. You'll end up getting way off track and will find it very difficult to get back on track.

Jasmine

he campus is really nice, with gorgeous buildings and great gloomy weather. They have restaurants like Chipotle in the university which makes the task of finding food on campus much easier and fun. Sports are really big and this university and I really like that about it because I'm very into school spirit. Overall, it's a good school but it's pretty expensive and they don't usually offer that much financial aid.

Brooke

Oregon was a very nice campus but it is in an extremely liberal environment. The tuition is through the roof for OOS students and they offer little aid. The stadium was very impressive and I'm sure the ducks get pretty rowdy on game day. Eugene is not the typical college town but there are some good internship opportunities there.

The University of Oregon has a beautiful and open campus. The people are friendly and creative, in addition the classes are wonderful. I especially like the dorms and helpful RAs. I have no complaints about my University and would recommend it to others.

Charlie

Not the best school for my particular major but I've found a community through extracurricular activities of people who are interested in the same career. Through this community everyone is active and wants to learn together. There are many great professors and the campus is fantastic. Eugene is a great town to be with lots of cool local bussinesses. Sometimes the classes will be small and fill up quick so registering can be a hassle but no matter what classes you end up with you'll end up enjoying at least one of them and finding a few friends.

There's not much you can't do at U of O. Besides the beautiful campus, there are limitless resources and opportunities for learning, studying, and getting involved with clubs and extra curricular activities. Personally, my favorite aspect of being a student at U of O is being in community with such passionate and intelligent people that I get to study alongside and learn from. I am constantly inspired by the people around me and it is my privilege to call myself a Duck.

There is a wide variety of activities to do and a diverse group of people and cultures. Most people on campus enjoy hiking and getting outside. As soon as the sun comes out all of the grass areas on campus fill with people. It's very academic but also has a relaxed atmosphere. The professors are available and easy to talk to and if you can't or don't want to talk with them there are GEs for most classes who are students just like you. No matter what you are interested in, you will find people with similar interests to bond with.