University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of University of Pennsylvania

The University of Pennsylvania is best known as the first university in the United States. The University of Pennsylvania traces its origins to 1740, when a trust was formed to establish the Charity School of Philadelphia. In 1749, Benjamin Franklin proposed a radical new curriculm be taught, one that is now known as the first modern liberal arts curriculm. It is also known as the home of the first medical school in America. Since its inception, the University of Pennsylvania has produced 23 Nobel laureates and countless graduates.

My school is best known for being the social Ivy League. We have several traditions that continue from when the school was founded in the mid 1700s, like throwing toast on the football field or dressing up for Hey Day. My school is also known for its diversity and for being an inner city university.

Penn is the best of both worlds -- it is both academically and socially stimulating. There are so many amazing academic opportunities, and the professors are really willing to help their students. Additionally, there are many clubs and activities on campus filled with diverse groups of students.

The University of Pennsylvania is best known for the Wharton School of Business and its location, the city of Philadelphia.

My school is best known for academics, including the world-renowned Wharton Business School.

Work hard, play hard. Brilliant minds who are also great to hang out with.

Very divided between liberal arts and Wharton business school.

academics, research, Wharton, being mistaken for Penn State

being the social ivy. it is also very preprofessional.

I attend Wharton - FINANCE, FINANCE, FINANCE.