Philadelphia, PA

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

People want to be here. There are very few students who still can’t get over the fact that they were rejected at their number one school; instead, the vast majority of people chose Penn as their number one. Furthermore, the people who had Penn as their first choice are/were incredibly in love with the school, as opposed to having Penn at the top of their list for non-substantive reasons. While many people tend to think of Wharton as the best thing Penn has to offer academically, that thought couldn’t be more wrong. Penn’s nursing, anthropology, English, psychology, and urban studies are top in the nation as well, though the pre-professional atmosphere can often cloud other non-professional areas of study.

Upenn is stereotypically Jewish and Asian. The girls are Harvard-Westlake girls (rich Cali girls) in Uggs, Burberry, and Seven Jeans. The business school is stereotyped to have a lot of Indians and the engineering school to have a lot of East Asians. And within the University different schools stereotype each other. Wharton is rich and stuck-up, Engineering is nerdy an overworked, nursing is all girls and disconnected from all others, and the College of Arts and Sciences is lovingly referred to as the College of Arts and Crafts. Also, Upenn is considered the "Party Ivy" in that we are supposed to party harder and/or more often than other Ivy League Schools.

Penn (which by the way is the correct way to refer to it, not UPenn) is generally referred to as the "Social Ivy", although among Ivy League schools we probably have a reputation as being less prestigious. Among schools near us (like Drexel, Villanova, etc), Penn kids are known as being really preppy and kind of stuck up.

WIth Wharton most of the stereotypes are about how business-oriented the students are. Also that there are a lot of rich, jewish students. Also that Penn has a "work hard study hard" dynamic, and that we're the "party ivy."

Rich, liberal, jappy, Uggs, liberal, parties, less-than-deserving-of-ivy-league-status-students, liberal, associated with Penn State, and i'm not sure if i said liberal

That undergraduates do not mingle across the four different schools (College of Arts & Science, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Nursing, Wharton).

...we didn't get into H.Y.P., where the letters H. Y. P. represent certain schools (here to be nameless) in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey.

We are generally stereotyped as preppy/rich, work hard and play hard (lots of parties), smart, and career-minded. And Jewish.

Penn students are awesome and they like parties. Also, some people some people study too much and dont like going out.

Jappy, smart, rich, international, spoiled kids. Penn is also considered the "social ivy."