University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Pennsylvania

nathalie

I am a current freshman in the Wharton school and I LOVE every minute of my experience here! As long as you are open and friendly you will find a group of friends here. Be cognizant of all the opportunities and events Penn has to offer though because there is so much to do here.

Malia

Coming to Penn was the best decision I could have made for myself. I remember a few years back when I was applying to colleges I read every Unigo review to help with my decision. In the end I don't remember why I chose Penn all I know is that I am so happy I did. I can honestly say that this campus has the perfect work/social life balance. If you like to work hard and play hard then this school is for you. There are always social events going on so it's easy to get distracted but if you learn how to prioritize you will end up having the time of your life here.

Mikayla

I love how diverse the University of Pennsylvania is. There is a lot of opportunities to do whatever it is you're into. But you have to know what that is, sometimes this can be daunting and for me personally it makes it really hard to find a solid group of friends at Penn. Then I realized I don't need a group of people who all know each other in order to have a group I just need to let my friends be my friends and surprisingly their overlaps have happened naturally.

Sejal

Although the tuition and workload are admittedly lofty, the academics and opportunities available at the University of Pennsylvania are unparalleled. I have always supported the belief that a professor can make or break the class. When a professor is passionate about what they are teaching, students are more likely to be engaged in lectures and perform better on exams. At Penn, such passionate professors are almost guaranteed. Being surrounded by the best and the brightest, I feel that I am being pushed to my limits in every way possible. In just one semester at Penn, I have grown intellectually, socially, and professionally. The rich diversity at Penn allows me to explore my options in and out of the classroom. With such a tremendous number of academic resources, I can explore my alternate interests, such as nutrition and economics, while staying on the pre-dental track and majoring in biology. With such a diverse student population, I can deepen my understanding of other religions, nationalities, and cultures. With such an extensive alumni network, I am confident that I will have stability in my prospective career path. In terms of extracurriculars, UPenn continues to impress. Greek life, the arts, and sports are major components of student life. Students are encouraged to step out of their comfort zones and try new things. For instance, I decided to audition for a dance team even though I am an incompetent dancer. As I completely embarrassed myself, I was humbled as I realized that I do not have to be the best at everything. It was an important life lesson that every Penn student learns early on. Located in the vibrant city of Philadelphia, UPenn students have countless opportunities to go to concerts, festivals, restaurants, museums, and other interesting places in the city. The campus, itself, is very vivacious and busy. Locust Walk, the main pathway through campus, is always swarming with students heading to class and tables set up with information on upcoming events. Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience at the University of Pennsylvania so far. It has been everything I expected and more. I look forward to the new opportunities that I have yet to encounter in the remainder of my undergraduate education.

Inbar

Penn is the best place to join in innovating solutions for global problems. Its undergraduate engineering program is incredible. The school prepares you thoroughly to approach all problems and have great critical thinking skills. There's also the ability to easily connect and converse with alumni and faculty. An education at Penn goes way beyond the classroom walls. There are incredible opportunities for undergraduate, hands-on, extensive research and there's a huge emphasis on interacting with the surrounding city of Philadelphia. Penn also offers exciting programs out of the country. For example, Penn’s Global Biomedical Service program allows traveling to other areas of the world, like China, to provide prosthetics and orthotics! There is an endless range of activities, with something for everyone. I like the diversity of this school. Everyone you meet has a new perspective to introduce to you which carries through to fun, intellectual conversations all around campus. The school has a really great social vibe, as opposed to other schools where the competitiveness becomes suffocating. At Penn you can pursue several interests with a very flexible education path. I love the people, the atmosphere and the surrounding city. It also has an awesome tradition of throwing toast at football games after the third quarter!

Methany

Penn is a prestigious university that offers many diverse fields and career paths. There's a great student-to-faculty ratio and students can find plenty of mentors on campus. On-campus housing ifs very comfortable and clean. Off-campus housing is also accessible and decent. There are also many cultural spaces where people can find safe communities. The campus is beautifully located in West Philadelphia, just a short distance away from the bustling city life. The campus is also surrounded by many different types of restaurants and cafes, with some of the best ones being located on campus. Penn is a great place for both business majors and liberal arts majors alike. There's something here for everyone.

Great school

Lucy

The "Social Ivy". That is how the University of Pennsylvania is known, at least that's how I heard people refer to it throughout my college search. To be honest, I was terrified to come here. I didn't know what to expect from the Ivy League. I thought it would exceed challenging; it would be overwhelming, a crucible of a college. However, I also knew that if I chose to attend a different school, I would always wonder what could have been at UPenn. So here I am. I must say, as soon as I arrived on campus, my fears were quickly dissolved. Sure, classes were challenging from day one. But my peers weren't the flawless intellectuals I had anticipated. Yes, they are all brilliant; but we all struggle together and really want the best for each other. That is one reason I love this school; the people here are incredible. They are successful, motivated, and talented, but humble. They push me to my potential day in and day out, and the people I am surrounded with are surely making me a better version of myself. Another aspect of the school I appreciate is the way authoritative figures treat students. We are treated with so much respect and are not seen as less intelligent individuals by teachers, staff, or employers. Sometimes this can be difficult; I have had teachers assume I know more about a topic than I actually do, so that the class becomes increasingly difficult. However, I still appreciate the confidence that this proves they have in me. Overall, the University of Pennsylvania has been an excellent choice for me. I would encourage anyone who may be intimidated by the name or reputation associated with a prestigious institution to embrace the challenge, because otherwise you will always be curious about who you could have been.

Catherine

Looking back on my time at the University of Pennsylvania is bitter-sweet. My time spent at Penn was filled with social highs and academic lows. The students there are passionate, driven, and extremely intelligent. For the most part, everyone is extremely friendly and open but at the same time very focused on school. I truly felt like a little fish in a big pond, something I was not anticipating upon enrolling as a freshman. The most important thing I learned from Penn, though, is that you can't set your goals or measure your self-worth based on those around you. Each student at Penn is unique and to compare yourself to your peers at this institution is to set yourself up for failure. While I experienced some disappointment as an undergrad, I ultimately learned how to thrive on my own and what practices (socially and academically) were best for me. I am grateful to have attended this prestigious university and would not have traded it for a thing.

Louis

The University of Pennsylvania is honestly the best place to be! It was my first choice, and I am so lucky to go here. There are so many opportunities that come with being a student here. Additionally, ​there are tons of resources and activities that students get to be a part of! Definitely pick Penn!

Agustin

The University Pennsylvania is an outstanding university which challenges its students academically, and prepares them for a future career. The University has an amazing administration which is always listening to students concerns and worries about the well being of its students, faculty and staff. Overall one of the best Universities I have visited.

As a first year at Penn, I honestly didn't know what to expect. The Ivy league stigma definitely exists here. Plenty of kids are smart, but there are also tons of rich kids from around the world. I feel like Penn is big enough so that you have a healthy variety of people. There's the artsy group, the nerdy group (go Penngineering!), the fratty group, etc. Besides the food, there really isn't anything disappointing about Penn. All in all, a very good top-tier school.

Katherine

The University of Pennsylvania has a great atmosphere. There's a clearly defined college campus, but you can walk a block away and be in the middle of Philadelphia. There are lots of academic opportunities and most of the teachers genuinely care about their students' success. There's a pretty big party scene, but there are other options for those who aren't in to that sort of thing.

Jamison

Overall, I have really enjoyed my time at Penn thus far. My department is fairly small and professors are easily accessible and always willing to talk about class material or more personal concerns. I live off campus, so can't really judge the quality of on-campus things, but generally, I think that this is a great place to be.

Christina

If you are entering medical school, becoming a nurse, conducting research, pursuing a law degree or business degree, want to study abroad and learn a foreign language, work in politics or international relations, this is the school for you. If you can't deal with bureaucracy and administrators who are so focused on their priorities that they fail to recognize the student is their priority, you will struggle with that as much as I have. The experience is different for students fresh out of high school versus graduate students or, like me, non-traditional students. Navigating the system is difficult in a school with something like 25,000 students. The academics are stellar, it is the execution that is a problem. $12 billion endowment and half the outlets in the undergraduate study center of the flagship library don't work? Come on.

I personally am not a big fan so far. I attended for a semester, and frankly I found the preprofessional atmosphere suffocating. I'm not sure what people mean when they say that Penn is the 'social ivy' because most people seem socially awkward and, if not that, intent on social climbing.

Steven

Five star school that earns its reputation every day!

Maria

I began at Penn thinking I could do anything. I signed up for a dual degree program, and overloaded my class schedule. It didn't take long for me to realize that this was the big league--I couldn't do it all anymore! Thankfully, I found great support from my resident hall advisors and research mentors. These have become lifelong mentors for me, and I've made other lifelong friends. Overall, the environment is very competitive, and although this can be stressful, it also pushes students to become their best selves. There are endless opportunities and resources from the arts and humanities to the sciences.

Karen

Penn is an amazing school that will help you pursue your career interests and passions. There are plenty of opportunities for you to meet your classmates and professors outside of class, but students do have to be determined and take initiative in order to get the full benefits of Penn. While Penn prepares you well for the future, the workload can be intense and stressful.

Sophia

A hard school to get into, even harder to succeed when you get there. Exceptionally beautiful to cover the anxiety that lurks under the surface. The mask, "Penn-face" we call it, is alive and well. It lives up to the Ivy League name. (Wait, Penn State-- I mean UPenn-- is an Ivy?) Sigh, yeah.

Pooja

The University of Pennsylvania is an amazing Ivy League University that strongly emphasizes the importance of academics. However, on top of the superb education, the school focuses on other aspects of students. There are a variety of student groups on campus, filled with the most passionate dancers, language-speakers, feminists, and more. The school is very politically oriented. It may be surprising to many how much of a focus partying is in the school. About 80%, if not more of the students regularly party, while managing to participate on clubs, and keep their grades up. Most students are extremely happy with their campus. I would definitely recommend considering this school as one to apply to. The campus is also beautiful.

Tarmily

University of Pennsylvania is a unique place where many different kinds of students come to gather and learn together in hopes of being able to make a better future for themselves and the rest of the world. The professors are world class and care about making sure you understand the material.

Beverly

It is a very welcoming and friendly environment. There are so many extracurriculars that you can join or try out that you will not feel like you don't fit in anywhere. There is always something for you to join and explore and philly is a great city with lots of places you can explore and visit.

Isabel

Three stars – slowly increasing. I’m only a freshman, so I haven’t had much experience here at Penn, but from what I’ve been able to deduce so far, I’ve questioned my decision to choose Penn over Yale. I am a student in the Wharton School, where students are eager to challenge themselves, even if it means competing with classmates. As a pacifist, this environment is not really my type. I much prefer to collaborate with my classmates; after all, they are who will be my co-workers in the future. I think that, since Wharton has a stereotype of sorts, incoming students come prepared to be unfriendly and unwelcoming, a vicious cycle. But this attitude is not limited solely to Wharton students. Those that apply to the College of Arts and Sciences, Nursing, or Engineering can be just as manipulative. However, I don’t mean to say that everyone at the University of Pennsylvania is like this: there are some students just like me: ready to meet new people, make new friends, and get rid of the label that accompanies the school’s name. In terms of social life, there are lots of parties, all the time. There are also lots of people that are uneager to make new friends: they only want to befriend people of a certain economic standing or those that are members of a certain sorority or fraternity. The longer you’re at Penn, the better you become at recognizing why people want to be friends with you. You become able to quickly distinguish those who are genuinely interested in you from those that are only interested in you because of the boy you’re dating. As someone in this position, I’ve learned that this environment becomes much more bearable when you’ve made the distinction and are able to pick and choose the people you surround yourself with. I have doubted, time and time again, my choice to reject other schools, where my friends all seem so happy, for this school, where social status is of primary importance to my classmates. It was very, very hard at first, but I have learned a very valuable life lesson – one that my statistics or political science professors, no matter how many degrees they have received, would not have ever been able to teach me. It is something that I believe I needed to experience myself in order to truly grasp the concept. Not everyone will like me, and that’s fine. It is my job, if I hope to enjoy my college experience, to make the next three years pleasant by surrounding myself with those whose company I enjoy and who enjoy my company. Perhaps, even at Yale, I would have experienced this. If you plan on coming to Penn, I don’t encourage you to close yourself off from your classmates or to sacrifice your own personality because you wish to be in a certain “clique.” Maybe you’ll be the one to rid us of that nasty stereotype, once and for all. And as cliché as it sounds, I promise that you’ll be happier being yourself. My one piece of advice is: take it from me, not everyone will like you, and that’s okay. Don’t be like me and learn it the hard way. (To the judges: if you would like to post this somewhere for future students, I ask that you please remove my name)

Ashleigh

I believe the University of Pennsylvania is a wonderful institution, however there's an interesting dichotomy in the student body. There are many, especially those in the engineering school who dedicate all their time to their studies and working on projects. However there are also those that dedicate all their time engulfed in frat culture who constantly drink and utilize the university for social occasions rather than their studies. Despite wherever your priorities may lie, there is sure to be a group that you fit into. The issue in this is that if you waver when trying to attain a good education, it is very easy to fall into the group who neglect their studies and spend all their time drinking. Like many other schools, perhaps more so, your experience at Penn is really what you make of it. There are plenty of opportunities to go around regarding research and internships, however it is entirely up to you to pursue. Outside of the social aspect, it is no secret that Upenn is an expensive institution, and while undue funds may be attributed to the school of Wharton and some of the fraternities, no other group is left too far behind. They heavily push attending counseling to fight off the phenomena of "penn face" in which students hide their personal struggles because they want to appear like the perfect student, and their are many cultural groups where everybody can find a home. Everybody's experience at Penn will be different because penn as an institution is just very diverse. Tn order to have the best time, my main advice would be to find those with similar interests as you and never be afraid to shoot your shot and join different clubs and social groups.

Igor

University of Pennsylvania will help me grow because of the many opportunities it can offer me. I normally describe myself as being a conservative, reserved person. In recent years, however, I find myself becoming increasingly tolerant, liberal in my outlook, and open to most kinds of change. When I visited University of Pennsylvania earlier this year, I realized immediately that it would be a very strong match for me. Our tour guide mentioned that University of Pennsylvania is not only accepting to change, but also welcomes it. I see this as a significant advantage for me, someone who is in the exciting process of increasing self-discovery. By attending University of Pennsylvania, I will be able to take a huge step forward in nurturing my emerging character. Being able to tolerate change and personal uniqueness among others is a positive trait, in my opinion, and I’m certain that University of Pennsylvania will help shape and expand my way of thinking about who and what I am now and what I will become in the future. University of Pennsylvania will also help me attain my future goals. I am interested in having a career in the field of International Relation and University of Pennsylvania offers outstanding program in this field. I have a wide range of interests, from dance to foreign languages. I want to continue my pursuits in most, if not all, of them. University of Pennsylvania will help me grow because of the many opportunities it can offer me.

Leah

The University of Pennsylvania is a wonderful college for the independent and focused student. Many students here know what they want to do and pursue it full force; the passion and drive of the student body is both contagious and motivating. However, if you're unsure of what you'd like to pursue, you might find Penn overwhelming. The number and availability of opportunities - both academic and extracurricular - are endless, and they are complemented by world-class programs, research facilities, and academics that are readily accessible and either on or close to campus. Socially, the large student body allows for a variety of many different personalities. Whether you're someone looking to join a fraternity and go out every night or someone who likes to keep to himself, their exists a sphere in the Penn social scene for you.

Brian

The University of Pennsylvania has been a great experience for me so far. The professors really challenge your thinking, give great feedback and my fellow students have been an inspiration for me daily. Each class has taught be something valuable that I can use almost immediately. I wish it were a bit cheaper and scholarship opportunities were more available, but I feel in the end I'll value what I've gotten here.

It is a great place. The two most important things to note are the following: There exists a wide range of excellence at Upenn and you will not be coddled. So what do I mean by that... Well, if you go to Upenn and change your mind about your major, you don't have to be worried if the major you switch into has a good program because the whole school is world class. Additionally, you will not get help or mentoring unless you seek it out. There are plenty of resources available at Upenn, but you need to be the one seeking them out if you want to actually take advantage of them.

Matthew

Penn is one of the greatest institutions around. Students have a real passion to be here. Campus is very active and inspired by its founder, Ben Franklin. All of campus is centered around Locust Walk and all students enjoy applying what they learn in the classroom to other parts of their lives. The social scene is also very active at Penn. I love going here.

Ellie

A great school that prepares you socially and intellectually for the real world. I love being surrounded by other people who are just as passionate as me and learning does not just happen in classrooms but in everyday conversations too. I feel as if I should have been here my whole life!

Joyce

UPenn has a very pre-professional, driven student culture. We truly work hard and play hard. Cons: the administration is not very popular among the student body for various reasons; Greek life is often a very heavy presence on campus. Pros: lovely campus; accessibility to downtown Philadelphia; the student body is diverse and open, if cliquish.

Penn lives up to its reputation of being an amazing academic institution. Students can find fascinating courses in whatever topic they could be interested in. Although it can at times be competitive and an academically rigorous place, you’re still easily capable of making friends with various interests and backgrounds. I love the social scene and the culture of people. Penn is a wonderful place to be and I can’t wait to enjoy the rest of my time here!

Penn is a great school academically. There is a wide range of people that attend, and it is definitely a great place to be if you want to meet people from different backgrounds. The classes are difficult, but being able to graduate from this school will open so many doors that it is worth it.

Pichmonyrath

The University of Pennsylvania caters to my needs. I thought that the school would be hard, but my first economics class was amazing! The campus is also very beautiful, it feels almost as if I am in Harry Potter. The walk between classes is a bit long though.

Olivia

University of Pennsylvania is a fantastic learning hub! Resources and people here are awesome, and with Philly just outside campus, there's so much to do! The arts scene extracurricular-wise is rich and Philly offers an amazing supplement to that. Students have active, growth mindsets and the business/start-up scene is also fantastic.

Kylene

I have enjoyed my experience at Penn. I was a student athlete, a work study student, a volunteer for West Philly students, and in a sorority. The people at Penn are truly remarkable and dedicated. The academics were VERY challenging. There were many times in which I would study for weeks for exams and still not perform well. I would get discouraged and had to alter my A mind set. In high school I always received straight A's, however, at a school like Penn I had to accept getting a C. In a lot of the classes, C was considered average. The Professors were tremendous and very intelligent. I found that every Professor WANTED to help and see the student do well, despite the hard curriculum. The social seen is perfect. I enjoy going out, however, living on campus I have had great opportunities to attend events with other residents and friends within the building. Every type of individual is welcome at Penn!

JULES

University of Pennsylvania is a great place to make dedicated and ambitious friends. One of the best resources are connections you'll make, many which can lead to internships, entrepreneurship, or fellowships. Sometimes it feels as if there are too many opportunities available and you might feel as if you are the only one not making use of all of them. But it's very important to remember that there are so many departments dedicated to helping students make use of all of the on and off campus opportunities, in a very balanced way. Overall the school has a fantastic faculty and responsive alumni base. There have been many renown speakers that came to Penn last fall. The city of Philadelphia is lively but not over crowded. It is a very nice campus for those who have never lived in a big urban area. There are great restaurants and there is always something going on during the weekends. Lastly there are plenty work opportunities for students who plan to work during school to supplement school fees or just to have some extra pocket change.

Danielle

If you have the opportunity to go to Penn and are interested in a school that will help you post graduation (besides memories) I would say go. The name alone will get you so many opportunities and so much respect. I do think Penn has a hard time supporting all of its students, especially those that come from schools that did not stress academics or if you're a first generation college student. Still, there are just so many paths available and resources here. If you want to do something business related, political, or health related, I would say 100% penn is a great option. The engineering is pretty good too (although there are probably better schools for that).

Chetna

Hi, I recently have interviewed one of the students of University of Pennsylvania and he has shared his college experience. Hope this will help many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbHxWGAOgs If you like the video then Please don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE my Youtube Channel @ ChetChat If you need more reviews or experiences of any college please comment on my channel. Thanks

Summer

When I found out I was accepted to the University of Pennsylvania, I remember running from our home office to the family room and practically leaping onto my parents’ laps. It was all I could do to contain myself while they got up from the couch to read the acceptance letter. Penn was my dream school, and only in my wildest dreams had I hoped I would be accepted. But in a few short weeks, as the euphoria wore off and I began to think about traveling across the country to a school I knew very little about beyond its prestigious reputation, I began to get apprehensive. I knew nothing about city life, nothing about the East Coast, and I was used to standing out for my academic achievements in my small high school. By the time I had packed to leave the fall of my freshman year, I was dreading it something fierce. However, I soon found out that, while Penn is a place of intense academic focus, it is also a place full of lovely and unique people from all over the world. I learn from my peers just as much as I learn from the classroom, and I find that students are surprisingly encouraging and willing to help each other when academics get tough. I began taking Arabic my first semester without ever having seen a written Arabic word, and while it has been the hardest subject I have studied at Penn, it has also been the most rewarding and the area in which I am able to see the most progress. Coming to Penn has been the best and most important decision of my life. The school is challenging, there is no doubt about that, but the opportunities we have are unbeatable. During my first semester, I heard from Philadelphia government officials, a foreign ambassador, and the director of the CIA, and I was only able to take advantage of a handful of the events and guest speakers available for learning beyond the classroom. Philadelphia is a charismatic and incredible city that I have grown to love for its unique neighborhoods and art-driven culture, and I have enjoyed living off campus and getting to know residents beyond the Penn bubble thanks to my church and other off campus activities. Overall, Penn has opened my eyes to a world beyond my small town life in the Midwest. I have gained friends I will have for a lifetime, I have learned how to live in small dorm rooms and old row houses, and every day I am getting to hear from professors who are the experts in their fields. As cheesy as it sounds, I could not be more grateful for the opportunity to go to Penn, and I know without a doubt that it was the right school for me.

Jordan

Penn is great Penn is great Penn is great Penn is great Penn is great Penn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is greatPenn is great

big

UPenn is a wonderful place for those academically motivated and seeking to learn at the highest possible level. I have been attending UPenn for two years now and I can with confidence say it had been the worst two years of my life. My first day I was walking into the freshmen dorms and I walked into a toile that was cemented to the sidewalk. I broke my foot and lie there for half an hour until somebody came to my aid. When they did they simply took a video of it for snapchat and kept walking. My phone had no service due to the absolutely terrible reception on campus. After that though it got much better. The toilet was removed and my foot healed. But not before I got my nickname, "Larry the Limp". Not much better. UPenn students are mean and always make fun of my height. I'm really not that short if you think about it, 4'10 is below average for sure but I can still reach most things if I have access to a step ladder. This ties in perfectly to dorm food. I used to say, eat some of that rocket fuel and you will be boosting for the rest of the day. Freshman 15 took on a whole new meaning when I took 15 trips to the bathroom in one day. 10/10 do not recommend. Make sure to pack a lunch if you are coming to school next year. Hope this was helpful, I really love this school and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Shoutout to Ms. Buchannon for helping me get over my fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth. Hope this was helpful! Smash that upvote.

Krish

Excellent school and i am going to attend this summer 2019. I liked it during the visit.

Brandon

Penn State University is an amazing school from both an academic and campus life perspective. The Academic outlook on the school is something you'd find at the highest level of education and the campus is something straight from a movie. There is never a dull moment when visiting Penn State

Absolutely love this place, highly recommend. The ability to create your own narrative/future is rare amongst universities. Penn empowers students to chase their dreams and question the status quo. There is no better blend within the Ivy League of academics and social life.

ERIN

The worst institution I've ever attended. They will mess up your financial aid package on a weekly basis. Most professors are a bit cold and aren't that interested in out of classroom conversations unless you look like them and or share other life experiences with them. The campus is hideous. The students are entitled. I'm not really learning much and I'm paying a lot of money. If you are disabled do not come here. If you are low income I also suggest you choose another school that will be more supportive. I transferred to Penn from UCLA and I feel like I made one of the hugest mistakes of my life. It feels like I'm serving a prison sentence. There is a reason why there is a high suicide rate here at this school.

Tiffany

University of Pennsylvania is a great school with a nice social scene, esteemed academics and a chill but competitive atmosphere. The professors want the students to learn. However, some of them are not the best in getting the material across or presenting it in a way that the students can understand.

Anna

Penn's pre-professionalism is one of the most important aspects of it and generally one of the most oft-discussed things about it, which is both a blessing and a curse. Though it's a very good school, the pressure to ensure that you have a good, lucrative path ahead after graduations weighs down heavily on you -- particularly if you aren't doing something that's considered incredibly productive, such as Engineering or Wharton. This is ironic because Penn has amazing programs across many, many subjects, but these are often not discussed whatsoever. Being in the humanities and pursuing theater is an incredible niche group. Perhaps finding this niche group can be a benefit, and certainly, the pressure to get a job after college encourages students to keep on applying for internships, part-time jobs, or other opportunities. However, this cutthroat nature -- which spreads across into extracurriculars, including various consulting clubs which are considered the "elite" clubs which, of course, set you up for a good career after college via networking and work experience -- gets tiring. Finding your group is key to keeping your head above water with that, the intense academics, and the rigor of everyone around you.