Austin, TX
University of Phoenix-Austin Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Austin Campus

Abigail

"Abigail Ruschaupt put that pen to paper this instant!" This is what I wish I could have said to myself my freshman through junior years of high school. You could say I was the laziest, most unmotivated, sterotypical teenager in the history of adolescents. I had no reasons for my poor behavior in school, other than the fact that I believed all this time that I didn't know how to study. Until the night before my first day of senior year, I told myself that this year would be different, I would finally make myself proud and change the way I felt about school. Throughout the year I challenged myself in subjects I normally wouldn't be too comfortable in, this meaning that I took two math classes rather than the usual one, simply because I wanted to graduate with an advanced diploma. I recieved A's in almost all of my classes, just by changing my study habits and becoming more self motivated. If I were able to give myself advice, whilst still in high school, I would make it clear that school matters in the long run, if you put in the work, you'll be happy.

Laura

I always think about how I could have done things different if I would have the chance to go back in time to my first day of my senior year. If back then I knew what I know now the advice I would give myself would be attend college right after high school with no breaks and do not procrastinate. Now that I am 26 years old and I am going through the process of obtaining my AA in Psychology, I wish I would have done this sooner. I think I took my high school years for granted and that is what has got me where I am at right now. Procrastination was always an issue during my high school years that was the reason I put attending college for so long after high school. Taking the “year” off was not the best decision I made back then, going back to school with a 6 year gap in between is difficult and challenge to stay motivated after a long day. If I could go back in time I would have attended college right after high school and hope that by now I could have my career in social work.

crystal

it hard then u think it is to stick in there but just keep your head up keep on push until finish line and if you do that soon or later be finish and reach your highest goal and get you a good job where the money better for you and you like.

just hours that we have because i'm not really good with hour we got

nothing really not yet eneyways other then hours

Claudette

I would tell myself to stay away from people that are not fully focused on their education. Do not assume that everyone in college has their priorities set on success. Get involved in school activities to be aware of what's going on around you. Your way is not the only way to do things. Keep an open-mind and consider everyone ideas so that you can become an effective leader. Arrive to class on time every day, always be prepared and ask questions when you don't understand. College is an independent environment so be sure to take responsibility for your own actions.

The best thing about UTA is that it offers a large variety of academic programs and it has everything you need without having to leave campus. The teachers are also very helpful and knowledgeable about course topics. There is a food hall with several restaurants inside, several libraries, occasional live entertainment shows, and a bookstore. UTA allows you to express yourself as an individual. There is a large diversity of ethnic groups no one should have to worry about not finding new friends to fit in with.

Before I went to the school I wish I would have known the distance between my permitted parking area and my classroom. Being unaware I originally bought the cheapest parking permit that was available and my permitted parking lot area ended up being maybe a 1 or 2 mile walk away from my class building.

Hillary

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have learned how to become more independent and responsible. Which includes, making sure I get my own homework done instead of my parents telling me to do it. If I do not then I have to face the outcome of it, which relies on me because my parents can no longer baby me anymore. I am my own person now that I am in college and am old enough to do things by myself. I have learned how to support myself while at college too; going to school and working part time. I find it valuable that I am attending college because of the experience I am gaining from it. I enjoyed making new friends and learning more about different subjects that I was not able to learn in high school because it was limitied. I find it helpful because it will prepare me for the world and life in general. Attending college will also give me a better chance at getting a job or a career. Overall, I have gotten a good amount of stuff out of my college experience and have learned valuable things from attending it.

Abel

The class sizes are same and the Professor is into the class also.

The class sizes are same and the Professor is into the class also.

Everybody jions the class and the group assingnment in class, we all get along in group actives.

I have lrean to take control of my life and never settle for minium in life. This life experience will be valuable now and in the future. With my degree I can finally get my like settled and live the life I want. With my degree I can give back to my parents,because they have help me out some much in life.

Cathryn

Going back in time and talking to my high school senior self, i would tell myself about the financial struggle of getting into college, and the importance of continuing your education. College by far is the cheapest thing a person can do. There are books, classes, tuitions, and all sorts of hidden fees that a student will come across before, during, and after college. Unfortunately as students we do not hear about these things until they ask us to hand over the credit card. As any college would encourage filing for you Free Application for Federal Student Aid, does help when trying to pay for college. I decided to go to college a year after i graduated, that time I worked two minimum wage jobs to try and make rent. This proved to be diffuclt, and aggravation just when I thought I was able to save or get myself out of debt something would happen that would add to the debt or take away from the savings. Getting a degree was my option, I would be able to have a job in a field that i chose, and it would help increase the amount of pay i would receive.

The best thing about the Universtiy of Phenix is that it is online it makes it convenient for a single mom to keep up with her daily life, and yet better herself with an education that will allow her family to profit.

The worst thing about the University of Phoenix is that there is not any hands on experience or oral communication between the students.

Vanysha

My classmates are, wonderful, spectaular, goal oriented and they love to work as a team.

Knowing what I know now about college life and the transition the advice I would give myself would all be based on my experiences. I would tell myself that college life is full of wonderful experiences so cherish every moment of them and that the transition at first may not be easy at first because all of your family and friends no longer surround you, but they will always be there when you need them and your support system will never let you down. I would tell myself that in college you can be easily distracted by different events that may surround you, such as parties and pledges for various sororities. I would advise myself that it is okay to participate in some of these events, but always make sure you put your education first because the parties and other activities will be there when you are done with your work. I would tell myself to always remember that once "today" is gone it is gone forever, but there will always be another "tomorrow". I would say stay focused on your goals while you are in school because all of the hard work will pay off sooner rather than later.

In all honesty I don't have a "worst thing" about my school. I believe a school is a place that helps an individual achieve their goals and reach their dreams and everything about that is positive!!

University of Phoenix-Austin Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.