Baton Rouge, LA
University of Phoenix-Baton Rouge

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Baton Rouge

Jeanie

Phoenix is an Online university with emphasis on group work.

Phoenix is an Online university with emphasis on group work.

It is best known as being the pioneer of online university study.

My advice to myself would be to consider all the options available after graduation. Some students do well going to college immediately and others can benefit from taking a year or two off to work or travel. In my case, I was tired of school and needed a break, so I chose to go to a vocational school instead of a traditional university. Maybe it would have been better to work for a year or two and then apply to a college for a degree. It is very difficult to be a 52-year old college student. I would advise my younger self to consider achieving that goal earlier in life.

Misty

The University of Phoenix allows students the convenience of attending class one night a week, while still offering a full time student status.

If I could go back and give my high school self some advice I would say "apply yourself". In high school I did not plan on going to college, so I did not always tap into my full potential. I would tell myself that going to college is imperative to finding a great career. Without a degree it is hard to get your foot in the door with many respectable companies. Do your best in high school, graduate with honors (come on, I know you can do it), apply for scholarships, and get into a great school. I would also tell my high school self to value the education you receive, and you will greatly increase your chances of prospering in life.

The worst thing about the University of Phoenix is the inability to sit and talk face to face with your financial and/or your academic advisors, they are located off campus.

Jimmy

My school is fairly young in statue, yet needs alot of work when it comes to students and what is best for the students.; in addition to this , a lack of communication is the reason why some cant finish due to a few poorly hired advisors who may mislead students other then the terrible few the school is working hard to do better.

The classmates that I attend school with are diligent-hard working students who share the same dreams and ambitions as I have.

In traveling back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, there is alot of advice that I would inform myself as a high school senior. First I would inform him to make sure that he goes into computer science instead of trying to be a lawyer. Second I would inform him of the may scholarships and opportunities to take advantage of so he would not be struggling as I am at the moment. This would also be helpful due to me not being able to complete school at the moment. The other advice would be to make sure all finances are taken care of and DO NOT get any credit cards and do not let anything deter him from his dreams, so make better and stronger plans and better goals .

Ivy

What is unique about the University of Phoenix is the extra attention students receive from instructors becuase the class size is relatively small. Another unique characteristic about the University of Phoenix is the advisors go above and beyond their jobs to helps students with financial and academic needs.

As a senior in high school, I was soley concerned with graduating and becoming an adult. Life in my parents home lead me to fantisize about the day I would no longer be under rigid control. I had a plan to go to Southern University and earn a degree in elementary education, but I got caught up in campus life and lost sight of my goals. By my 28th birthday, I was an unemployed mother of four with no degree to fall back on. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell Ivy to create a plan for the future and set her sights on where she wants to be. I would advise her to remain focused so she can graduate on time. Boys will always be there. I would also tell herto be a virtuous woman becuase Warren will be her husband one day. More importantly, I would stress that Ivy work hard to reach her goals, maintain friendships with postive individuals, work diligently, and remember to have a little fun.

Before I came to University of Phoenix I wish I had known about loan consilidation becuase I would have attended school sooner. I also wish I knew how convenient the format of the university is. University of Phoenix allows working parents to earn a degree in their own time, one class at a time.

University of Phoenix-Baton Rouge administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.