Houston, TX
University of Phoenix-Houston Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Houston Campus

Kimberly

The university of phoenix is a great learning institution to help you further your education and obtain a credited degree.

If you are planning on attending college, the university of phoenix is a great institution for you to attend. There are so many wonderful opportunties that exist with the university, that allows you to work full or part time, as well as take care of your family and family needs. All while attending classes. I wish that I had attened the university of phoenix sooner in life and could have really made a difference in my life.

The University of Phoenix is a wonderful institution for those individuals with busy lives and schedules. The university allows you to work and take care of your family needs as well as attend classes to further your education. There are wonderful opportunties that exist with the university of phoenix as well as counselors to assist and help you with your educational needs and finanical questions.

Shonika

The main thing I would tell my younger self about college life is to work on time management. Having fun at college is great, so long as you use your time wisely, and do what you need to do. That way, you won't be still trying to finish your bachelor's degree in your 30s.

For me, the worst thing is the travel to campus. Most of my courses are online, but, if I need to get to the campus, it is at least an hour drive.

This school is great for working parents who are wanting to earn their degree.

Airiel

The best advice I would give myself is to ignore negative energy and naysyers. I did pretty well in highschool, but some individuals who were in my life (I looked up to) told me "I couldn't" "I shouldn't" "I won't" "I'm stupid" and that I should just probably find a job and settle for the rest of my life. Which I did until I entered the career world, and got a taset of "corporate America's" talent pool. It's a hard pill to swallow when you find a career you excel in, but overlooked for promotions and raises because you don't hold a degree. I sit and think about how far I would be in life had I just ignored the negativity and pushed for success. Yes, you can go back and finish, but the word that is missing from that common statement is "difficult." Life changes occur when you settle. I am now a single mom, balancing the life of a five year old and success. Not impossible, but difficult. I would definitely tell my highschool senior self, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."

The Best thing about UofP is the flexibility to finish school for working individuals.

Learning Teams, there are many team assignmnets to complete for a course. Sometimes I like working on my own, and not evryone is cooperative.

Marcia

My classmates are like a bag of Skittles, everyone is unique in their own way.

My classmates are like a bag of Skittles, everyone is unique in their own way.

Going back to 2002 and having a conversation with my highschool senior self, I'd tell meself to not take everything so seriously. Education is serious by all means and very expensive, but by not taking it too serious I mean, don't forget to live, have fun and reward yourself for all the hard work and dedication you invest. Do something that you have a real passion for, because at the end of the day, money doesn't buy happiness.

The best thing about University of Phoenix is that you can enroll and start class without paying anything upfront.

travis

To me, the school is spacious, open, inviting, in more ways then one. Its a place where people of many backgrounds and ages may come together to better themselves. I've met people of various ages there, all ready to go back to college so that they may enrich their life experiances, and rise up in their respective workplaces. The school provides an enviorment thats comfortable, and allows one to forget where one is, with only the lessons to remind you, that youre at a school, and not in a cafe, or other establishment.

Ive gotten what i needed to become a teacher, so that i may go out into the world, and teach people that theres so much more then whats usually taught in classes. It's my desire to ensure that the past isnt forgotten, that it stays alive in the hearts and minds of others, and that people realize, just how differant it really was from how theyre taught it was. Battles, lifestyles, Truth...these things can be as though they never happened if people forget, and its my fervent desire to see that our history is not forgotten by anyone. The world deserves to know the truth, as it happened. The whole truth. even if its not pretty, it must never be forgotten. Thats what ive gotten out of my college experiance...the tools i need, to show the world how it really happened, and why. So that such things would never again be glossed over in class, or skipped.

The best thing i think about my school is Oppotunity. it provides people of varying ages and backgrounds, the ability to go back to college, earn their degrees, and become more successful in lfe, and more important in the community. the school provides a valuble service, to all those who are in need of a better education to further their goals, people like me. even better, iam able to balance school, with work, at a healthy schedule.

NILAY

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, the only advice I would like to give myself is start taking as much as pre-requisites courses, so you can start taking your major classes. There are times when people take breaks between semesters, it will only delay your graduation dates and that sometimes keeps you in a mental stress. Therefore, stay focused with your degree plan, and complete it.

The only worst thing about University of Phoenix is a high tuition. There are many students in University of Phoenix who have to wait until they get enough fund to pay for their tuition fees. Also, Students who apply for grants do not get sufficient grant money so it can be hard for a person who does not have enough fund to support themselves and their family members.

The kind of person who should attend University of Phoenix is a person who knows how to put themselves in a great desire working with adults, ready to write lengthy papers, and have to know how to manage their time in a five week class. Every week, students are assigned to complete a research paper with citations and other group activites. Therefore, it is very recommended that a person who attend University of Phoenix must know how to mangage their time wisely to complete their assigned tasks.

Cortez

I would encourage myself to go to college because now days it is hard to find good jobs without a degree. I would also tell myself that trying to get a degree is longer schooling and more reading but when it is all said and done that you would be happy that you've succeeded. So stay in school because it will benefit you as a person and your career and that there is nothing wrong with making more money.

Like i said I really don't know but so far the counselors do an amazing job getting you ready and prepared for your college experience. And the school has a pretty good admisphere.

I really don't know right now because I haven't attended any classes yet.

Connie

If I had an opportunity to talk to my 17 year old self, I would suggest that I actually plan and prepare for college. When I was a senior in high school, my primary goal was to simply graduate with all of the credits necessary to do so. When I actually graduated from high school, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do. Although I was fortunate enough to be accepted into a decent college, I knew I was no where near prepared to make the transition so I did as any 17 year old without a plan for the future would do and I went to a technical school. Since then I have scratched and clawed my way toward a degree while working and raising a family. I don't have the opportunity to go back and talk to myself, but I tell my own teenage son every day that the years we spend in school are minimal compared to the rest of the years we have to spend in life. I tell him that we all have the opportunity to attend college, but that the time to plan and prepare is now.

Bruce

Don't be afraid of the commitment. I waited several years after completing high school to start my bachelor degree. After getting into the program it was not as bad as I had anticipated for all of those years. After completing my bachelor degree, I decided that I was in school and learning mode so I would continue and get my MBA. One challenge that was difficult to adapt to was working on learning teams in college. Learning teams were not something that I was exposed to when I was in high school so it was quite an adjustment to make. After working on learning teams for a couple courses I could see the benefit of the learning team. Many businesses today function within a team concept so the learning team is a great way to become familiar with those processes. Even if a business does not work in a team environment, there are many similarities to the workforce. Many times you will work with several other people across the organization which is similar to a team concept. Bottom line; education can never be taken away from you and it will benefit you greatly.

The amount of time that it takes per day, or per week, to complete the material.

Currently I am enrolled in online classes so I can do the coursework at any time that fits my schedule. I can also do the coursework anywhere that I can get an internet connection.

University of Phoenix-Houston Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.