Meridian, ID
University of Phoenix-Idaho

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Idaho

Mary Ann

Dear Self: You are strong and not worthless. Do not become so depressed that you try to fill that emptiness with a relationship. Don't trust James...he will damage you beyond words. What he does to your life will ruin you for a very long time and send you in a spiral of self-destruction. Stay in college, apply yourself to learning, and don't quit. Music is not your future...get a business degree as it will take you further in life. Your parents are the strongest people you know, and one day you will learn they offer great knowledge. Trust and respect them. Pay your bills...bad credit follows you forever, and that is something you are 100% accountable for. Be studious; ask questions, develop mentorships with your professors, and be present. Study hard enough to get A’s. GPA is important, and you are capable of earning honors. Life is what you make of it; stop feeling sorry for yourself, pull yourself up by the bootstraps, apply yourself to your studies, and learn. If you do not, the other lessons you learn will be hard, physically and mentally painful. and unnecessary. You can make life great.

This is a school focused on self-guided learning. You must be dedicated to your schooling, have good time management, and engage with your learning team. If you need to have instruction rather than hands-on self-directed learning, this is not a school for you. University of Pheonix empasizes on career development and real-life scenarios. This is not a lecture hall...you must attend class ready to engage and grow. Learning is intense, and you will be challenged to do your best. If you cannot do this, then University of Pheonix is not for you.

Because the learning is self-directed, I get more out of my learning. By offering a hands--on learning process, I learn more in the 5-week courses than I ever would in a lecture hall. I have developed fantastic relationships with my peers, and have earned the trust and respect of my teachers, whom I consider mentors. While the learning process is self-guided, instructors are more than willing to help students learn. This school is amazing for anyone who wants hands-on learning. I will graduate with the tools needed to be successful in a new career.

I was not sure if I wanted to go into Business or Psychology. The other schools I researched did not offer psychology classes. In addition, I work 40 hours a week and the other schools wanted me in class after work or they did not offer online courses. University of Phoenix offered both Business and Psychology courses and since I am an undergraduate, I did not have to choose a field at that moment. I am working on my required courses, which gives me time to choose either Business or Psychology to get my degree.

The first thing I would say to myself is follow your dreams. Knowing you have always wanted to go to college but were afraid of failure should not stop you it should encourage you. Failure is just another way of learning. Going to college right out of high school will be an easier transition because you do not have "life" getting in your way. What I mean by life is your focus is on college, not on having to raise a family or work 40 hours while you are attending school. Having the knowledge now will change your path earlier in life instead of later, like now. You will be able to establish yourself earlier in life with a career you enjoy, instead of just working at a job for the income. College is not intimidating; it is a very rewarding experience.

I tell them that the advisors and faculty members at University of Phoenix are very helpful. Your advisor keeps in constant contact with you, which makes me feel good. It does not make me feel like they just wanted to sign me p and forget about me. I also brag about how easy it is to navigate around the site.

Debrajune

The classmates I have had online were deverse and worked well together as a team especially with the time differences.

Not to wait as long to finish I should focus on the goals and not let the destractions get in my way

I like that currently with everything going on in my life I can take my current courses online. It gives me the flexability I need to accomplish my goals.

Kyle

Forget about the stress of loans. When I was your age, I tried to avoid college loans. It is impossible. The loan will pay for itself once you graduate college and find you that job. I want to be a CPA, but cannot with out a bachelors in accounting. I have no choice but get a loan. It will all even out as I can make more than doctors in the course of a year. So again, forget about the stress. It may depend on your parents as well, and that is different than what I had to deal with as I am older and do not depend on my parents at all. Count your blessings.

The University of Phoenix is best because they have a team that will support you. If you have a problem, the staff will help you. Just have to ask the right person for the right way to go. There will be bumps and bruises along the way, but the staff members will listen to you. The staff have been more friends to me than faculty. I appreciate each of them. My wife is even attending the University of Phoenix.

I cannot think of any thing that is the worst. I have not really had an event that would be the worst, just life. I have had students that are flaky, but that is life. Be careful, the flaky ones will not pass but they will drain your batteries and grades. It may be more work to cover for them, but your grade will stay up while theirs will not. There are forms to help in reporting their skating without doing anything, typically at the end of class.

Katrina

I think the best part of University of Phoenix is that as a working single mother of 2 children I can choose online classes or go to campus for classes. There are always staff on campus and available online if I have any questions about my class.

After High School I chose to go to work and raise a family before going to college. The struggles I have had without a degree were so unnecessary. With my Bachelor's Degree I will be able to better provide for my 2 children and not be so financially stressed all the time. Going to college while raising children is tough. It can be done, but the quality time it takes away from them, while worth it, is hard for them to understand. If I could change the order in which I had done things it would have been to go to school first.

Before I came to University of Phoenix I went to a tecnical school. I had earned 36 credits and I was unaware that they would transfer over. I had put off returning to college because I was under the impression that I would have to retake all of those credits. They did transfer over and allowed me to earn my Bachelor's in only 2 years!!

Chasity

I just started so i have only taken two course which have been the very basic getting me back into the school mode. The two courses have taught me alot about talking giving speechs and the right ways to e-mail people. I have started two new courses and they are all about critical thinking it really gets your mind working. So far i really like my school i get to make my own schedule get to my homework when i can or get it all in early so i dont have to do any homework for a week.

I think that if you have the desire to further your education then you are a perfect canidate but if you dont think thats what you want to do then it will be a waste of time.

The only thing i dislike is that sometimes i have to go to the campus if ineed help but thats because i signed up for online classes.

Sasha

All of my classes are online. There isn't a ton of student interaction besides blogging done through the class website which are assignments due each week.

I would have said something along the lines of: Prepare yourself for the transition as soon as possible. Get your head out of the clouds, and don't lollygag. Even though you don't know what you want to do yet, doesn't mean you can't get your foot in the door to help lead you to the right career path! Research each school you are interested in and make sure they have everything you're looking for available. Don't be afraid to extend your boundries and find a school that isn't close to home. Be excited to experience new things! I definitely would have been a lot harder on myself if I knew how much pressure and time constraint I would feel as I got older and started to feel like my time gap for college was growing smaller. I wish I would have had someone to push me harder and motivate me to get in to college right out of high school. I can't wait to find my career path and start a new life!

There isn't a lot of hands on things to do during classes since they are all online.

University of Phoenix-Idaho administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.