Schaumburg, IL
University of Phoenix-Illinois

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Illinois

April

I would tell myself to work harder, pay close attention to details and study more. If I could go back I would tell myself to actually try to do math instead of just complain about how hard and frustrating it is to do. I would say listen to the teachers, they really are trying to help you. I would also tell myself that it gets better and that the life I had as a high school student, changes for the better when I get to college. I would tell myself that I am worth more than what my family tells me I am and that I really am smart. I would say look, I just finished my bachelors degree and never failed like everyone said and that I am going to start my masters degree in the spring. Most of all I would tell myself that it is alright to set goals for yourself and to strive to acheive them and that it is not at all being selfish to want a better life for yourself.

You shouldn't attend this school if you do not work well in groups. If you do not like small classes or having to speak up and participate for your grade this is not the school for you.

The most frustrating thing was all of the group activities, however it was only frustrating at the beginning of school because it was new to me.

John

My classmates are everyday people that hold a job or have a family and still have a commitment to their education. They are very driven and determined to reach their goals in life and will not take no for an answer. They all understand we still carry on our daily lives outside of school and work cohesively together. When there is a project no one insists on working with a particular individual and everyone works together as a team to get the project done properly and efficently. In closing my classmates are an awesome group of indivuals.

The school I attend has many advantages over many other colleges and universities. I attend an online university which allows me to control my lifestyle and daily routine. I don't have to spend money on gas to drive back and forth to school everyday. If you want to help out our environment you can do so by conserving the amont of resources needed to complete school. At the University of Phoenix you have your textbooks and learning materials online so you can save some trees from being cut down. Another great avantage is the professors are always helpful.

The best advice I could give myself if I could transport back in time would be not to give up on going straight into college after high school. I thought I would take a year off of school and come right back. It was one of the biggest mistakes that I wish I could have switched. After leaving high school I had a really good paying construction job but the building market crashed. I had not saved that much because I lived a lifestyle that suited my paycheck. I had to hit a brick wall real hard called reality and its a slap to the face. I had to pull myself together and start all over on a career. In order for me to succeed I realized I needed to go back to school to further my education or I would be stuck with a job that pays minimum wage for the rest of my life. The hardest lesson was I lost 7 years of my life and have nothing to show for all the years of hard work. Education is power; the more you have the more opportunities you will have to succeed in life.

Adrianna

All of my classmates are online each of us are insighful to each other responses to discussion questions.

Repeating highschool was a drag and towards the end I let my self drag across my grades. I would tell myself to keep focused and to stay on track with everything. Doing what needed to be done besides what I wanted to do. They say highschool is supposed to be amazing, I don't agree or disagree , but sometimes being social causes me to get distarcted from my responsiblilties. Taking these steps into college are quite scary, but I know I have the determination to really better myself. School is more then really just a future for me, it helps keep me focused on something in life. At home I have everything I really need so there are not many distractions to deal with. In my mind there is no reason why I can not succeed depending on myself to complete my responsibilities. During highschool I wish I did take notes to remind me what needs to be done, luckily with online schooling all of my assignments are available to me throughout the whole week. This way I am able to work ahead if I knew something were to come up. Organization would of helped with staying focused.

Schooling takes place all online so it makes it very convient to me. I can email or even call my teacher and I know I will get a response within the next 24 hours. I can just wake up and continue my progress while furthering my self in education as well as my future without having to reschedule times to travel to school.

Melissa

My classmates, those that have been in the majority of classes with me have been a great support and we have grown to become great friends but the classmates that are in online courses tend to be slackers and have a very poor work ethic.

I believe I would tell myself to work hard and that I can make it through by persevering and believing in myself. I would also tell myself to network and try to find out about as many scholarship opportunities that are available and what school would best fit my needs as far as being challenging and helping students to understand concepts that help them in their future jobs and with critical thinking skills. Additionally, find a school that is align with my work ethic and rewards students that work hard and really want to grasp and understand the material that is given to them. To find a school that challenges students to think outside of the box and a school that realizes the affects of globalization and how it will affect future jobs and industries that provide those jobs.

study hard and find all resources available, don't forget to ask questions if you don't understand something

University of Phoenix-Illinois administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.