University of Phoenix-New Jersey Top Questions

MERVYN

You are definitely going to be thrown into the deep end of the pool. Whatever you think is important now really isn't. Popularity here means nothing there. You are not learning for your friends' benefit. I've been told “My you're so smart.” Well sometimes I am and sometimes it's just plain common sense. Common sense doesn't come in a book. Use all your senses. Take time to look for signs and read them. Ask questions and listen to the answers. It doesn't mean you're weak. If something or someone smells fishy, leaves a bad taste in your mouth or makes you feel wrong while doing it, then walk away from it. Actions have consequences. You don't know it all. There are tools and resources all around you. The whole point of college is learning and applying knowledge. It isn't about memorizing ten chapters in a thirty chapter book and parroting back answers on exams for an “A.” Straight “A's” earned just for looks means nothing if you don't know how to abstract thoughts in the outside world after. “YOU CAN DO IT!”

This is finally your time to complete high school and even though it has been a tough five and a half years from the time you started your freshman year and lost so many days from being diagnosed with type one diabetes and learning how to cope with this new altercation. Even though you have to get your diploma after completing a final summer school course, you stuck with education instead of saying I can always drop out. You now have the decision to make of either going on to college or continue working full time and put education behind you forever. The decision is up to you and nobody else. You have always been told that in order to get ahead in life you need to go as far as you can in your academics. Even though you spent your summers in school for your years in high school, you know now that college is a new experience where if the criteria is an interest to you, college can be a lucritive learning experience and a fun environment to meet new people. Everyone has their own life to control, and decisions can't be made by anyone but themselves.