Reno, NV
University of Phoenix-Northern Nevada Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Northern Nevada Campus

amy

Be prepared to work hard and do whatever it takes to succeed. That means if you need a tutor get one, go to supplimental instruction sessions, and use your resources to be successful in your classes. If you meet the man of your dreams, and get pregnant, do not let that stop you from achieving your goals. Chip away at classes slowly but never give up. It may seem like a long road, but it will be worth it. College is not easy when you work full time, have a family, and volunteer, but it will pay off and make your life better. It is never to late to change your mind about your career path. When you figure out what your passion is come up with a plan and do what it takes to make it happen. Nothing is more important than your family, but never give up on your dreams. If their is a will, there is a way. You can do it!

Someone who has time management skills and is self motivated

Anna

I watch as she laughs with her friends. Strangely, she doesn't look that much like me. Not in my opinion, anyway. Maybe that isn't a fair evaulation, since she's me. Or, I'm her. Whatever. She has the winged eyeliner that I see now wasn't the best look. I wait until she waves goodbye to her friends before approaching her. Surely she sees the striking resemblance, so I quickly explain. Her eyebrows raise. "You mean you have time travel, and you use it for this?" Ignoring her, I say, "Listen, you're doing well so far, but you can improve. Yeah, you're busy, but volunteer more. Apply for scholarships, you're going to need them. Enjoy your freedom; soon, you'll be dancing fifteen hours a week and taking five college courses. Mostly, remember that whatever problems you have, you'll be okay. Little mistakes aren't the end of the world, but they can end up alright." "You really are me, aren't you?" Her tone is contemplative, not doubtful. Leaving, I realize it doesn't matter if she listens or not. I did my best and that's all I can do.

Too small, and online is better than oncampus.

Too small, and online is better than oncampus.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time I would tell myself that, unless I really know what I want to study, the price you have to pay is not worth it. I tried over and over again to do the traditional college route without being 100 percent certain I even wanted to go to school. I know have college debt and would have told myself to wait and take some interesting classes, like psychology, literature, reading, and human services classes to get a well-rounded idea of what I like and what I am interested in. My first semester I took business and communications, thinking that at the very least a business degree could result in a job. Today I realize I do not want, just a job, I want the dream career, the career that was meant for me! It takes time and experience to find what motivates a person. I soon found through experiences that all along, I loved taking care of people, and now I have a career in mind that helps me fulfill my love of caring for others. I never knew I could get paid to do what I love!

The run around between online and onground campus administrators. Each counselor/advisor always say they will help in any way, and yet if there is an issue, usually I have to speak to at least five different administrators before I can find the correct answer to the problem.

Guadalupe

After High school, do not wait so long to go to college. I remember that I knew that I would continue to go back and continue my education, however, I never thought that I would wait so long to go back. The major factor in the wait was fear of failure and fear of the unknown. Although, in our family there was not many that did anything more than learn a trade, college was not really in the picture. College is an opportunity to learn so much about different cultures, ideas, and behaviors. Expanding views in different areas has been the most rewarding experience of going to college. I am happy to tell you that you will do great in college if you focus on the areas of interest and everything will fall into place. Having passion is not a bad thing, just make sure you apply that passion to your studies and involvement in continuing your education.

The best thing about attending University of Phoenix of Northern Nevada Campus is having the team projects assigned to each class. It gives students the opportunity to get to know the rest of the students and future co-workers to know how each other works. In addition, gives students a reason to have to meet up with a team outside of a school setting.

The worst thing about University of Phoenix-Northern Nevada Campus (UOP-NNC) is that it is in process of phasing out. A few months ago, we were given a notice that the local campus will be closing and students would have a choice of staying to finish his or her degree or move to online campus. I will stay on-campus to finish my BA, but would like to opportunity to continue my Master's degree at UOP-NNC.

Wendy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to start college right away. Don't wait. Get registered and start attending, even if you don't know what you really want to be when you "grow up". It has taken me a long time to decide what I wanted to do for a career, what my calling was. And waiting to attend college has made it that much harder to get things going. I now have a young child in grade school and I really wish I would have had training and schooling complete so I could concentrate more on providing a better life for the two of us. Don't wait, start NOW!

I don't think there is anything really that is bad about the school. They could improve parking.

The person attending this school should be dedicated to hard work and want to work and study at a fast pace.

Shirley

Anyone who is not willing to work hard and study.

Anyone who is not willing to work hard and study.

Shirley, please do not feel like you cannot go to college because you need to work. There is a way to do it all, with some hard work and a little sacrifice. There is help to pay for college, you do not have to do it alone. You are so smart! Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't or that you can't do it. There is hope!

All of my classmates are adult students who are eager to learn and obtain a degree.

Eric

Self Do NOT go for a General Studies Associates Degree. You should go for an Arts or Science Degree. Keep in sports and stay physically fit. Do NOT party with all your friends, you wont have to many of your friends after high school. Focus on school work and school more. Even with your disabilities dont give up on things you enjoy or love. REMEMBER one thing treat people the way you want to be treated. Live, Learn, Love. Dont take anything for granted. Enjoy life to the fullest and dont regreat anything you do, Because at one time it made you smile. Focus on your body, soul, and relationships. Because everyone has a debit to pay. That is to die. And DO NOT get any credit cards. They take along time to pay off. Last of all be greatful for what you have in front of you since most if not all are not as fortunate to have what you have. Dont forget to FORGIVE. Forgive your neighbors and family for what they have might of done. You are always family regardless. Last of all Look out for yourself.

The best thing at my school is that no matter what they are always there to help you. They have a graduation team to make sure you graduate.

I wish I would have known more about what I want to do with my life since I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. But I know going back to school is the best thing anyone can do.

Candace

My school is unique because of the support they offer there students. I have heard of other schools that don't offer the support I have received from the University of Phoenix. Some examples are, scholarship workshops, program tech support, software discount, personal availabilty. University of Phoenix offers so many programs and take the time to go over your goals with you so you can reach them in a manageable time frame. I would refer anyone to attend this University just from the experience I have had.

If I knew what I know now I would have started college after I graduated High School. I am 30 years old and have found trying to find a job in this economy with no degrees have made it very tough to succeed in life. If I made the choice back then I would be excelling in a company and finacially. I have learned the hard way but I am finally going to finish my goals.

University of Phoenix is there for students and excells up and beyond for all students.

University of Phoenix-Northern Nevada Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.