Oklahoma City, OK
University of Phoenix-Oklahoma City Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Oklahoma City Campus

darci

My classmates are an amazing group of individuals that strive to become the best they can be as they encourage others to do the same.

As you get ready to enter into the college atmosphere, take time for yourself once in a while. School is important and so are good grades, but overworking yourself will not achieve these things. To achieve good grades and be successful in your educational journey you must learn to trust your judgment and use your time wisely. Give your mind time to breathe so you can continue to push yourself to be the best student you can be. Know that if you believe in yourself, continue to push yourself, and take every moment for what it is worth you will reach any goal you set for yourself. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey, don’t lose faith in who you are and hope in where you want to go in life.

I consider the online courses to be the worst thing about my school because they lack organization, personalization, and the overall academic encouragement found on the ground campuses.

Melissa

I'm in my own frame of mind, back twenty years ago I would remind myself the importance of maintaining my grade point average. I would say that yes having a social life is great most of the friendships that are so important to me know will not exist in twenty years. What will carry through as I move forward with me is my education. I would say take those AP classes and knock them out while you’re young. Your brain retains much more when your younger so don’t take the easy way out because you will have to take the AP classes eventually. Someday you will likely have children and a career and your education will play a huge part in them both. Start taking it more seriously, begin using your time wisely and take those college classes this year. Keep your grades up so you can get accepted for those scholarships. It's clear what you need to do, you can work hard and make the change know and have a better career and a better life for your child without having to struggle later.

Shante

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to just stay focus on school and do the best I can and strive for good grades. Always take my time and when I need help to ask someone that is able to help. Never give up on anything because if I put my mind to it, I know I can do it.

Danielle

They are motivated and encouraging team members, whom strive for their educational learning.

I would be sure to stay highly motivated in my education and exceed instead of get by . I would also change my priorities because I am now a twenty four year old mother of two whom is struggling on dealing with everyday responsibilities for others instead of focusing on my education first, then carrer, then creating a family. It is important to have a physical college experience compared to financially struggling and interacting from only a computer screen.

I wish that I knew that once I was in my Bachelors degree that I would have to depend on other students over half of the time to decypher my grade and effort.

The best thing about the University of Phoenix is all the resources available to students.

As a senior you may want to take easy elective courses; however, you will definitely need to take additional Math, English, and computer courses instead. Learn to manage you time wisely and study every chance you get. You can become easily distracted by your friends but don't lose sight of your dream of graduating from college. There will be times when you will not feel successful because you don't have as much money as your friends but believe me, working hard in college and obtaining your degree and a successful career will open more doors than any job you find with just a high school diploma. You are young and highly intelligent so starting a family and living the American dream can wait for now, you will be better prepared for that mentally and emotionally the longer you wait. Remember that you can do anything you put your mind to if you apply yourself and work hard.

The University of Phoenix is best known for offering class that accommodate working adults.

Marie

If I could leave a note to my high school self, I would stress the importance of finding the learning style that works best for me, even if it does not necessarily work well for others. I would also stress the importance of maintaining a high GPA at the high school level to qualify for scholarships and avoid the debt that comes from financing university classes by loans only. Above all else, I would explain that the fun a student might feel she is missing while studying is nothing compared to the fun an adult feels when buying a home, driving a dependable car, and doing work that she is truly passionate about.

The best thing about University of Phoenix is that the classes are very small, with a typical class size of twelve students. This means that it is easy to engage in the course material, participate in class discussions, and ask any questions comfortably.

The worst thing about University of Phoenix is that the classes are so intense and only last 5 weeks each. This means that there are zero opportunities to slack off or give yourself a break without taking a Leave of Absence.

Ryan

I wish I would have known the college was going to quit offering the degree I originally intended on getting.

It allows me to work around my busy schedule in my personal life and still work towards my degree at a reasonable pace.

I would have encouraged myself to start applying for scholarships because most of them are for high school seniors who plan to go to college. I would also tell myself to start preparing for a change of pace and responsibility. College is fast-paced and requires full attention to maintain a high gpa, so I'd make myself aware of those truths. Not only that, it takes alot of will power and dedication to not get discouraged. Unlike high school, college is a constant challenge that students have to be ready for. Once you get the routine figured out in high school, it becomes a cakewalk to keep moving forward, but with college it seems like as soon as you overcome a roadblock, you run into an even bigger one. It is definately much harder to succeed at college and unlike high school there is a for sure price to be paid. It is a tedious task within itself just trying to come up with the money to stay in college. I would make sure I was aware of all these things as a high school senior so that I could prepare mentally as well.

One of the most important things I learned during my first 2 years of college is to stay true to yourself and who you truely are. There are so many influences in the classroom, throughout the hallways, and even when you are not at school. Throughout anybody's college experience, their entire world is changing. A person is learning so many things, not just academicly. We are conditioning our minds, our experiences, and our hearts. The chances of getting caught up in this new world are very significant. I learned to stay true to myself, reminding myself everyday what is important to me and doing only what I know I will never regret. Attending college thus far has been incredibly valuable to me. I have learned how to solve algebra problems like a pro, and I have also learned how to solve personal issues, which is a skill that is unique to a college setting.

marquita

The type of person who should not attend this school is the individual who has not made up on their mind they want to succeed. The procrastinator, and unmotivated slacker would be a waste of time and money for both the school and the individual. This school accomodates to many different learning paces, but only to the individual willing to put forth the effort and discipline to achieve the goal.

Before I came to this school I thought I knew a lot of things; I honestly knew nothing. I entered with a clean slate; I hoped to learn what I needed to know in life from my new decision. The things I had known prior to enrolling had gotten me nowhere in life; I didn't want to be there anymore. In a nutshell: I have no pre-education regret of ignorance; my ignorance led me to a place of knowledge.

I received life from my college experience. My life was just an existence prior to enrolling in school. I could see myself either headed nowhere, or at a stand still; never moving forward or upward. College had given me an opportunity to breathe fresh air; to branch out into a world that was never accessible to me before. This is valuable to me; I will have something to offer my daughter. Not just financially, but a solid role model. Young black women accept and live in a stigma that unnecessarily holds them down; however, making positive choices, like furthering one's education, enables us as a community and a society. This in turn shifts the value from personal to worldwide. "One" may seem minor, but "one" in numbers makes a tremendous impact. It starts with one.

Carlos

Mostly working adults with ambition that want to further their education to advance in the work field.

College is a completely different experience than high school. It takes a lot more time and dedication to be successful, but the ending result is well worth it. Take all courses seriously and don't blow anything off. There will be trials and tribulations to endure during a college career, but life lessons will be learned and character will be built through overcoming these obsatcles. Be sure to study and read material thoroughly and follow the format guidelines that each instructor requires. College is what you make of it, so study hard and enjoy yourself. If you are unsure of what your major will be, complete the basics and in the process research ares of interest and narrow them down to the most interesting and most desireable.

University of Phoenix-Oklahoma City Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.