Phoenix, AZ
University of Phoenix-Online Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Phoenix-Online Campus

toni

A great education from the confort of your own home.

A great education from the confort of your own home.

My school is best no for having a grexcellent online school programs.

The advice I would give myself would be to keep a level head. Don't let being on your own for the first time and being able to make your own decision go to your head . Remember your education is important for where you want to be in life. Party when you graduate and have a great job. Don't forget what grandad always said "time spent for studying can never be lost but if your to lazy you will pay the cost". Trust me it's true and not just a saying he got you to repeat for money. You will have a family one day and if you don't work hard now for what you want later, you will not be the only one who has to suffer for it.

Christina

I think the University of Phoenix online is known best for it's ability to keep students in line and on task with work. The school is made around the students personal life, helping the student maintain normalcy.

I would take classes sooner than I did... Making life a little easier, and getting through with my studies on time.

When discusing the online University of Phoenix with friends and family I would usually tell them that it is a college of convience. I am able to do what I need to do within normal life, as a mom, a wife, keep my full time job, and do my work as a full time student as well. The University of Phoenix is helpful in many ways and provides a lot of resources to it's students.

Daniela

Convenience is what makes the online program at University of Phoenix unique. I can attend class anywhere in the world on my own schedule. It allows for me to learn full time, and work full time as well.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to avoid the online programs and attend a community college nearby. While I cannot say that I regret my past decisions, I know now that I deserve a more challenging set of coursework, that allows me to be face to face with my fellow students and professors. I would tell myself that, while the online program is in fact convienent, it is not practical for the learning ability of which I am capable. I would tell myself to push myself that much more, and find a way to balance a full time job, as well as being a full time student. I would tell myself that it is possible, and that if anyone in the world can do it, it would be myself.

The worst thing about the online program at University of Phoenix, is that it keeps you from truly connecting with your classmates and professors. This tends to make the courses boring and uninteresting, having no one around to ask deeper questions or study with on a regular basis. It makes it easy to lose interest . As well, course work is almost too easy and presents little challenge.

Catherine

I would remind myself that anything worthwhile takes effort. As a high school senior, I was not as worldly as I thought I was. I was not patient and not as dedicated as I should have been in regard to education. My advice to myself would be to research job opportunities and adjust my education to meet those requirements. I would also remind myself that regularly meeting with an advisor would help me to achieve my goals. I would tell myself that opportunities are not something to be overlooked and procrastination is not a solution. Most of all I would tell myself that I should go after the profession I really want and not take any shortcuts because the older I became, the more regrets I would have.

The team concept is at times challenging and takes a continual effort for maximum results. Sometimes team members schedules conflict and not every team member has the same dedication as others. Working through the problems will have an advantage in the business world.

Bernadette

My school offers a very motivating and informative environment. However, I am currently an online student; therefore, some of the questions asked during this survey do not apply. The only concerns I have with my school so far is the lack of financial support and the high tuition costs.

As someone who has recently returned to college, I would give guidance to myself during my high school year in managing college life along with work and social obligations. One of the most important words of wisdom I could have received to prepare for college would have been organizing the hours in my day and staying on task with maintaining an A average. It is a completely different arena to live on your own, balancing financial responsibilities, household duties, household buills, work and college in comparison to living at home where all is taken care of except schoolwork. For me the most important advice I could have given myself, would have been preparation, organization and perserverance are all key to my success so stay focused on what it takes today to acheive my future success.

My classmates are very diverse and independent with their own life and studies.

My classmates are very diverse and independent with their own life and studies.

If I was able to go back and time and advise myself for the future I would encourage myself to plan better. College is an experience that takes dedication and hard work; if you do not take the time to find the most well suited college for your needs then you will not achieve the goals set for yourself. Do not be scared to disect your learning style and find what will allow you to succeed; pave the path that you want to travel on your way to success. I would remind myself that a college degree is a necessary part of the modern world and completing it would only help propell a promising career. I would also like to remind myself that being a grown up is much harder than it looks; I am going to need all the education and knowledge availabe to me to achieve success.

A person that shouldn't attend this school would be someone with no self-discipline or self-motivation skills.

Lynn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would probably impress upon myself, the importance of earning a college degree. The past several years have proven to be extremely challenging both financially and professionally, due primarily to my lack of education. Many employers today do not hire people who do not possess at least an Associates degree, and many prefer at least a Bachelor degree. Had I known then what I know now, the days of supporting my two children on my own would have been a bit easier. However, knowing now that I could have attended school via an online program, I would tell myself to do what I had to so that I would benefit from earning a degree. I would tell myself that whether I accomplished my goals by physically attending a college or by attending a non-traditional college such as the online program I am currently enrolled in, I should just do it. It does not hurt, and although it can be expensive, the negative aspect of financially continuing my education could be offset by the positive aspects of a potentially higher salary.

Since I work an average of 10 hours or more per day, attenging classes at a traditional college was not feasible. The University of Phoenix online program allows me to attend classes at my convenience as long as attendance and assignment requirements are posted in a timely manner. Although I was initially very apprehensive about attending an online college, after being a part of the online learning program for over 3 years, I realize that you are never too old to go back to school.

As a single mother for many years, I did not have the opportunity to attend college because I worked two jobs for many years. Attending college accomplishes two things; 1) once I earn my degree, I will have be able to seek a better job; 2) my sons will see that if their old mom can earn her college degree, so can they. I have convinced several of my friends that it is possible to earn a degree after all these years, and I enjoy attending a school that lets me attend classes according to my personal schedule.

Christine

The University of Phoenix (Online Campus) is a great choice for students with jobs and familes, or those who prefer not to be in a traditional brick and mortar schooling situation.

Don't just "be" in college - be a student. Living in the dorms, making friends, working, and all those other activities that take time and attention are fine, and good for you. Remember why you are in college - your end goal is not only to simply graduat, but to learn all that you can in order to succeed in the career path you've chosen. You'll goof off some, that is expected, but you have to be sure to work hard, make good decisions, and learn all that you can in your major. You'll take some classes that will make you think "I'll never use this in the real world." Sometimes you will be right, but sometimes you just don't know the big picture yet. Trust your professors when they teach something they think you'll need - they have been where you are, and are there to help you with their experience.

Most people thrive on physical interaction with other people. Being an online student, the ability to interact with other students is completely different than in a traditional brick and mortar campus. Online we can email, post, and call each other - but unless you happen to be lucky enough to live near someone in your class, you don't get to sit around and socialize, have physical study groups, or get to know other students very well. When you choose to do courses online, this is just something you have to understand and accept.

Jason

If I were to be able to go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say, "Do not wait, don't take that year off. It is only going to hurt you. College is a huge step in your life and you need to jump right into it and get moving. It is really easy to just put things off and to keep putting them off once you started. It is going to take a serious change in your life to get yourself back on track, and it is a needless change if only you would have stayed on track. Also, do not waste your money. As you get older money gets tighter and yea it is fun to buy things, but once you realize where your money has gone its gonna hurt. So stay on track please, it will make our life a lot easier."

NHUY

My school is known for its flexible schedules and helpfulness to its students. Especially those who are working and don't have time to attend classes on campus. Since it offers many online degree programs it lets students have class on their own time allowing them to work and take care of their families without missing any class time.

If I were given the chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not stress about college, because I never had the chance to enjoy my senior year since all I did was study. I took extra classes that looked great on transcripts, however after I graduated high school I realized there is more to learn than what is taught in school. I learned that yes it is very important to have a degree so that I could have a better paying job and be able to afford everything that I might want. However, life is short and it is not wrong to enjoy it for what it is. After high school, I took a break and decided not to continue with school, because before that I never allowed myself to be distracted with what life had to offer. I would say to myself "live, laugh, and learn," you have to live your life to its fullest, laugh as hard as you can, and never stop learning; college is a chance to learn more about yourself and the strengthes you are capable of so take the time to embrace that .

Before I came to this school I didn't realize how convient online schools were which probably would have helped me go back to school sooner.

University of Phoenix-Online Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.