University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

The worst thing about completing coursework online is that the course work is completed online. The online experience would occassionally suffer from internet server outageous that occur near the due date period of many assignments; or, for the resources necessary to complete those assignments. Furthermore, many students fail to take the coursework seriously enough to put forth their best effort despite completing assigned tasks below par as stated according to the syllabus. Lastly, several instructors would prove inflexible in their interpretation of the syllabus or accepting alternate interpretations to the syllabus.

The worst thing about the university, that I can only imagine, would be seeing some of the most amazing people give up on themselves because of doubt or fear. Going through each course, being taught how to work and collaborate with people from variously interesting backgrounds, support and unity is what the university is really all about. I have been blessed with having classrooms where the instructor or professor associated with the class on both professional and personal scales in experience. With so much inspiration from the faculty and staff, along with students, to see someone give up hurts.

The worst thing about my current school is students who do not take their education seriuosly. Once an individual attains the level of graduate and doctorate programs they should be fully committed to the program. When completing team assignments I find it unconscionable that a student would simply not put forth effort. I'm also appaled at students who flagrantly attempt plagiarization. Regardless of ones academic level they must be fully committed and willing to put forth the effort needed to succeed. If one is unwilling or unable to complete the course work he/she should consider waiting.

The worst thing about my school was the learning team groups. Students were assigned learning groups for each course. The students were expected to work with his or her group until the finish of the course. The down fall about this technique is that some students failed at completing his or her half of the assignment, which in tun made the other group member responsible for their portion of the assignment. Ground rules were always set out before the group member worked together, but some team members still didn't pull his or her weight when completing assignment due dates.

There isn't anything that I don't like about this school. Faculty, staff, and students are helpful in anyway possible. Any student enrolled at University of Phoenix should be aware that everyone here wants to see you succeed. They are there at the beginning and stay by your side through it all. There is a life resource center which provides information for things such as childcare in your area in case that may be a hinderance to you for completing your education. Many schools would not take the time to make information available for personal needs such as this.

I believe the worst thing about University of Phoenix (online) is that we had so many learning team assignments. These assignments are more difficult when you are working online because you do not have any face-to-face contact with your team members. Some of the members would not contribute to the assignments; therefore, the other team members were left completing their portion at the last minute. It provided a more "hostile" learning team environment because we are all dealing with personal issues that we would not allow to interfere with our participation.

The only thing that I would consider to be bad about my school would be the fact that sometimes computer can have technical problems. A student who is wanting to attend any online school must know that there might be a day when their computer just does not want to work. They should be prepared to face this. The school itself does not actually have anything bad about it, in my opinion. I have found everything to run smoothly during the classes and the transitions from class to class. Student workshops are provided to the students free of charge.

There are plenty of wonderful qualities about University of Phoenix. The only thing that I would consider to be the worst thing about this school is the lack of preparation they give students regarding tuition and financial aid. Although the school offers plenty of resources on this topic as well as a personal financial advisor, in my case, the school had me so preoccupied with registering, orientation class and beggining courses, that I did not reach out to my financial advisor until I realized that I was already spending tuition money.

The only thing, in my opinion, is the feeling of being in an actual classroom where you can not only see the instructor but you could see what the instructor was writing on the chalkboard or whiteboard. You could get a better understanding of the class and the work by repeating things for memory. Attending online, you have to picture yourself in a classroom so that you can understand the material and the courses in oder to come up with good logical answers to your classmates discussion posts and work in teams from students all over.

Seen I have been working on my degree I have not had any type of worst experience . Mainly because I mainly focus on what needs to be done. When attending college you have a frame of mind in focusing with a degree that could help you became successful. You just don't worry about what is causing things that are around you. I'm a positive person and I just keep moving forward without worring about things. Because when you start to worriy about things it tends to cause us alot of physical hardships on own bodies that causes issues.