University of Phoenix-Online Campus

« See more reviews of University of Phoenix-Online Campus

I would reccomend indviduals that are self learners and have the ability to manage their own schedule. This school is good for persons that are focused on the academic portion of college rather than the community atmosphere and athletics. This school is good for individuals that have full time jobs , parents, or other commitments that make it difficult to attend standard programs. This program is also helpful for individuals that prefer a fast past environment and want to complete their degree soon.

A student that is able to self-motivate and complete tasks in a punctual manner would succeed at The University of Phoenix. A person should be able to have good communication skills, as there are group projects required weekly as well as a fair amount of reading. The feedback I have recieved as a student there, via intructors grading my assignments has been detailed and incredibly thorough. I would reccomend new students complete all the free workshops to have a good foundation for use of the ecampus.

There are a few different "kinds" of people who schould attend this school. First, a person who had other commitments. For example a person with children or work. Second, the person needs to be self-motivated. Being that all the school is done online there is no time commitment. Getting school work done is the sole responsibility of the student. You must keep yourself on task. Last, who wants to get into school and get done. University of Phoenix only requires you to take the classes that you need.

In my opinion, there are many different types of people who would find this type of learning perfect for them. I am 58 yrs. old, almost divorced, and raising my 16 yr. old daughter. I'm on my own for my first time. Uof P-Online is "open" for me anytime I want to do my school work. I didn't do well in high school and moved overseas immediately after graduation. I don't have the pressure I did in H.S. Others would benefit who are in my type of a situation, or need to work around jobs.

The most advice for students of the University of Phoenix online is to make sure you are keeping up with assignments and discussions. It is a fast pace environment. Most students, that I know of including myself, are married with a family going back to school to change their life. So we normally have a job to go to, bills to pay, homes and families to attend to, so it is important to stay dedicated to the school work and keep up with it. Do not procrastinate, or you will fall behind.

If you don't have much free time or have a full-time job, University of Phoenix Online is a fantastic choice. They work with your schedule and you can do the assignments on your time. So don't worry about whether or not you're going to make it to class on time. As long as you can beat the deadline that the assignments are due, you're good. All you have to do to be counted for attendance is post two days in one week in the classroom discussion board to be counted for that week! Its easy.

This school is a great place for working adults. I am a single mother of two who has to work 40 or more hours a week. Having the opportunity to access an online school is very beneficial for me, because I can complete my classwork while my children sleep. However, if you do not have to work while attending school, I recommend attending a ground-campus. Online school is very hard, because you are responsible for keeping up with the work and learning everything, essentially, on your own.

The person who needs flexibility in their program to juggle work, school, home, and family is going to find this school the best fit. A person who has drive, determination, and discipline to remain on track. A person who has run into brick walls in society in every attempt to find a better way of living is always wecome with mentor, team, and faculty support through the entire process. A person who wants to make a positive impact on the world is the best candidate for this college.

I can only speak for the nursing program. Someone who is well diciplined in self study. Though the courses are offered one at a time, they are in fast paced 5 week sessions. The work is vigirous and you need to set aside the time to read, do research papaers and respond to class discussions. The work is asyncronous, so you can be flexible in when you post your work and this is a great advantage if you have a busy schedule. There is an excellent tech resource 24 hrs a day.

The kind of person that should attend University of Phoenix on line is one who wants to make his future better. My main reason for attending the U of P is to make sure that I am financially taking care of my special needs son and myself to the best of my ability. If a working single mom can attend college and receive a 3.5 gpa, then anyone can attend and do their best. You have to have a goal in mind of what you want to acheive adn how you are going to reach your dreams.